barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
Kevin Clyde at Ford Country has been very responsive and seems to know a lot about the MME. I have not been to the dealership as the test drive happened at Friendly Ford. I need to clarify about the second key fob. I think they are quoting $995.
Sponsored

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Mach-E Ordering, Scheduling & Production Start Dates Released mme-status

Based on my 4/27/21 order, which is in the Place Order In Progress stage, I'm assuming:

If Place Order get green checkmarks by 8/27, then I'll receive a 2021 model. That would mean that Scheduled for Production would need to get it's green checkmark by 9/3?

If a 2022, there would be a delay in Place Order until at least 9/27, and the earliest that Scheduled for Production would get a green checkmark would be 10/21?

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Mach-E Ordering, Scheduling & Production Start Dates Released mme-status

Based on my 4/27/21 order, which is in the Place Order In Progress stage, I'm assuming:

If Place Order get green checkmarks by 8/27, then I'll receive a 2021 model. That would mean that Scheduled for Production would need to get it's green checkmark by 9/3?

If a 2022, there would be a delay in Place Order until at least 9/27, and the earliest that Scheduled for Production would get a green checkmark would be 10/21?
Would Ford let you order a 2021 and give you a 2022?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Would Ford let you order a 2021 and give you a 2022?
Telsa would do this to you. You get what you get at delivery, no telling what was added or removed as they see fit after ordering, production is always fluid and changing at Tesla. Good luck finding any info on model year or production changes anywhere. I really don't think Ford would try to switch model years on us, but who knows. Changing model years would mean a different price and different options possibly needed.

To me, it says that Ford is planning on completing any 2021 orders before mid-November when the plant would be switched over for 2022 MY. I think they are expecting production to ramp up in August after supply shortages are alleviated, or at least that's the plan.

If they end up with more delays, they will probably just cancel 2021 orders and make us do a new 2022 order. Hoping that doesn't happen unless the 2022s are somehow improved.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
For those of you wondering about the ordered 2021 model being upgraded to a 2022 model, don't hold your breath. I ordered thru my local dealer that I have been doing business with the past 20 years and he has verified an order for a 2021 model year vehicle will be delivered as a 2021 model year vehicle, even if its delivered after Jan 1st 2022.
Also for those of you who plan to cancel your order and wait until the 2022 model year vehicles, your order is still going to be built and sent to the dealer, a plus for them so now they have inventory to sell!

Tony

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
For those of you wondering about the ordered 2021 model being upgraded to a 2022 model, don't hold your breath. I ordered thru my local dealer that I have been doing business with the past 20 years and he has verified an order for a 2021 model year vehicle will be delivered as a 2021 model year vehicle, even if its delivered after Jan 1st 2022.
Also for those of you who plan to cancel your order and wait until the 2022 model year vehicles, your order is still going to be built and sent to the dealer, a plus for them so now they have inventory to sell!

Tony
If my 2021 is delivered after Jan 1st 2022, I'm refusing delivery then ordering a 2022
?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am waiting for the 2022's. Not having any reference point will Ford release everything but the GT's in Sept and wait a few months and release the GT's?
The only things that should change that I can see would be the price and the model year, the rest should be the same. There is no way Ford has enough time to make any real modifications or secure new parts in time. However Ford did announce that MachE production will increase by 70% so that should mean wait times go down. The only factor is popularity (demand) and supply chain.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I wonder if the model year has any relevance to value down the road, since the VIN (or door plaque) should contain the build date, thus indicating how late in the year the car was actually produced, and the exact age of the car. Just a thought.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
Does anyone here have the differences between the 2021 and 2022 models?

Wolfpackmache

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
My dealer is telling me the expected build date is October, but also telling me they'll make 2021s into mid 2022 because they're already sold this year...

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
My dealer is telling me the expected build date is October, but also telling me they'll make 2021s into mid 2022 because they're already sold this year...
Caveat: Am not an attorney. Per 40 CFR § 85.2302 through 2304, if it is produced on or after 1 January 2022 it would not be permissible to label it as 2021 MY.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Guessing he means they'll DELIVER 2021s in 2022.

MachoHulkWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camery
Country flag
When the original orders opened, could you order all flavors of the MME at the same time? I'd really like to get a GT PE. But I'm not exactly in a hurry to get it. If that means I could put an order in on 9/27 for a 2022 GT PE, I'll just wait. If I get the vehicle next spring I'd be OK with that. I'm hoping that by then software issues will be worked out and I'll get a MME that has less issues than what people are dealing with now. But, if on 9/27 you can't order a GTPE, dang, I don't know if I can make another year of waiting. We just had a youngster turn 16 and I need to let go of my 2007 Camry. :D
Sponsored