First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm riding a 21' prem since Nov 2021. Its my first ev and I love it. I been wanting GT forever but the reservation at the time was even a longer list than the prem. Now I see Ford and its dealerships having the prices of the 23 GT/PE at prices I bought the 21' prem at back then. Do you think its better to hop on the good deal now for the GT/PE or wait for 2024 models and later years to come out? I'm hesitating because of the HVBJB recall issues that the GT still experiences and my prem has been so damn lucky it has almost zero issues. No software issues or PAAK problems or windshield misalignments or HVBJB problems. I'm concerned with going from a super awesome lucky happy ride to a problematic car. I enjoy this car so much, I'd hate for it to stain my experience while shredding my wallet.
Sponsored

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
If you need the reduced / eliminated 5-second acceleration limit and the larger rear motor then wait for the 2024. If these things aren't important to you due to your driving style, etc then definitely save the $$$ and get the 2023s that are on closeout pricing.

IMO the 2024 is what the 2021 GTs should have been and I'd love a 2024 but the low resale value of my 21 GT makes switching to a 24 a financial burden pill that I'm not willing to swallow

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm riding a 21' prem since Nov 2021. Its my first ev and I love it. I been wanting GT forever but the reservation at the time was even a longer list than the prem. Now I see Ford and its dealerships having the prices of the 23 GT/PE at prices I bought the 21' prem at back then. Do you think its better to hop on the good deal now for the GT/PE or wait for 2024 models and later years to come out? I'm hesitating because of the HVBJB recall issues that the GT still experiences and my prem has been so damn lucky it has almost zero issues. No software issues or PAAK problems or windshield misalignments or HVBJB problems. I'm concerned with going from a super awesome lucky happy ride to a problematic car. I enjoy this car so much, I'd hate for it to stain my experience while shredding my wallet.
I went from a 21 premium rwd I had for 2.5 years to a gtpe I ordered and picked up in september (so in terms of price I paid way too much but can't be helped). All that aside, I wish I'd have just kept the 21 and wait for 25 when perhaps real changes will be made, the GTPE is nice but not that much different for me than the 21.

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just pulled off what you're contemplating . Paid $4000 LESS on a new 23 GT than I did for my Select 3 years ago . Id be losing money if I didn't buy the car šŸ˜ (its a JOKE...dont come at me ). I will say I had the same thoughts though . Zero issues with the Select for 3 years

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just pulled off what you're contemplating . Paid $4000 LESS on a new 23 GT than I did for my Select 3 years ago . Id be losing money if I didn't buy the car šŸ˜ (its a JOKE...dont come at me ). I will say I had the same thoughts though . Zero issues with the Select for 3 years
It's funny I got my 21 premium in early 21 and I expected early batch of first year, new tech that it'd be riddled with bugs. Aside from teh roof and windshield recall (I never did it). Zip. My late build 23 first day I put it on the charger at home, it had a charging bug, when it reached target threshold tho it wouldn't send more power to the battery you could hear the onboard hum of the charger and the blue light at the charge port would behave as if still charging. Spent it's first week in the shop and of course it was a software issue they couldn't do anything with. Fortunately after around four months ford engineers came up with a fix, they made an appt with my dealer for me, got me in and updated all the required modules and was out in hour and a half.

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
It's funny I got my 21 premium in early 21 and I expected early batch of first year, new tech that it'd be riddled with bugs. Aside from teh roof and windshield recall (I never did it).
I never did windshield either .Heard too many horror stories and didn't want to part with the car for an extended period of time IF I because the main character in my own horror story.
All the free 3 year stuff was expiring also . Walked away with a better car. Reset the clock on trials and free stuff ...and its RED šŸ˜

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The HVBJB in no more of an issue for a GT than any other Mach since June of 2022. I am not saying the issue is or isnā€™t fixed just that the recall is only for cars manufactured prior to that date. Of course GTā€™s did have a higher failure rate (no issues myself for two years) but there is no difference that I know of to the HVBJB for the 2024. I doubt there will be any change until there is a major upgrade to the Mach. Just saying this should not factor into your decision making. I do think the current low price on 23ā€™s is great but I am not in the market. The thing I like about the 24 is the availability again of the hard top which I have on my GT.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I would jump on the lower prices. I donā€™t see any improvements coming in the next couple of years.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
thank you all! You guys really helped me with my decision. I'll be visiting the dealership soon for that GE/PE :D
The incentives and price drop make it worth while. I had a wonderful black premium and jumped to a GT. Sold my 21 to Carvana and even made a couple bucks. I too wanted a GT from the start, so I'm happy with the move. I leased my new one to take advantage of all incentives available! If you want to buy it, buy out the lease, never turn down extra cash. Moved my wheels over to the GT, they look way better and put OEM back on my premium. Happy hunting šŸ˜

IMG_20231011_160751561_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240307_125946337_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240301_162459777_HDR.jpg

NC-GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance
Remember to do your research on the ford site on inventory. I just purchased my 2023 GTPE past week in NC. The past few weeks there were dealers offering $10k discount on top of the Ford new sticker price reduction (-$12k) and 0% loan -$3k. The 0% loan is huge, and donā€™t expect that will be there for early 2024 models!

Local stock was selling quickly, (I wanted Black with nite pony package) and wound up getting mine from a dealer 100mi away the purchase process was smooth. Had a price from local dealer for the dealer discount which the dealer matchedšŸ‘

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE, 2023 Velociraptor
Occupation
self employed
Country flag
With the beating that the EV sector is currently taking, whose to say that any significant changes will actually even happen in 2025, and won't get pushed back to 26 or even later?

What we DO know is that there is a fire sale on 2023 models. I grabbed one back in October for about 11 grand off sticker, and I think the deals are even better now......

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
thank you all! You guys really helped me with my decision. I'll be visiting the dealership soon for that GE/PE :D
Option 3 is to look for a used 21 or 22 GTPE.

You can save even more getting a low mile one.

Plus that way if you want to upgrade to a newer one later it wonā€™t hurt you as much.

The 2024 is still a little unknown. But at this point we are just assuming itā€™s slightly faster to 60 and a lot faster above 80 (but unknown).

Not sure itā€™s worth $15-20k more for a little more speed.

Just test drive a 21-23 GT and decide if itā€™s fast enough.

We also donā€™t know if or when Ford will fulfill its promise to ā€œchange that limit OTAā€ on 21-23 GTs.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Certainly a better heat system in the 2024 but probably not needed so much in Georgia!
Sponsored