Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Of course!

If you chart my happiness correlated to those numbers there is is a positive upward slope for sure!

But really it was more about Ford saying they’re “targeting at least…..” If the new horsepower number is the same as the old one, it’s just Ford giving people false hope.

Usually manufacturers up the numbers when they use verbiage like that.
Just kidding with you! I laugh at that vague marketing crap too!
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Wow, I'm not even a year old yet and under water by over $10k. Thanks, Ford, for putting me and thousands of others under water. If you own your own GT like me, you cannot get GAP insurance to cover the difference if somebody smacks into you. That is only coverage to protect a lender. Anything that "totals" the value of the car today leaves many of us under water. I get that this can happen in many other situations, but this is cutting new ground stuff!
If you own your car and it gets totaled….. you could buy another used one for cheap right now.

Someone with an orange premium here just got theirs totaled and the insurance gave them plenty to buy another used same year Mach E.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, where's the three of you that are highly anticipating to buy a Rally, fess up!

Lets see that performance boost and some actual GTPE improvements.
Well I am not highly anticipating it, nor am I in the market for 2 more years, but there are many unsaved roads here in Alaska and I am a bit interested in the increased road clearance. Of course the stupid spoiler is a bit ridiculous! But as I said I can wait and see what develops user the next two years.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
If you own your car and it gets totaled….. you could buy another used one for cheap right now.

Someone with an orange premium here just got theirs totaled and the insurance gave them plenty to buy another used same year Mach E.
Yup, I would be fine with mine being stolen, totaled, or bought back due to issues, I would scoop up a GT or Premium ER in a sec, prices soooo cheap.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Which says something about the way we still want the MME even if the one we currently have is a pain in the ass.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Which says something about the way we still want the MME even if the one we currently have is a pain in the ass.
Only if you sit in the back seat.

🤣

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I'm very confused by the information here on the GT. The claim is made that the GTPE has been discontinued for MY24. The MY23 specs for the GT/GTPE are:
GTGTPE
Torque600 ft-lb634 ft-lb
Horsepower480480

What are the specs for the MY24 GT? Will there be any enhanced performance options or versions available? Ford is saying that the Rally will have "at least" 650 ft-lb of torque. Does this mean that that there will be a similar spec bump for the MY24 GT?

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm very confused by the information here on the GT. The claim is made that the GTPE has been discontinued for MY24. The MY23 specs for the GT/GTPE are:
GTGTPE
Torque600 ft-lb634 ft-lb
Horsepower480480

What are the specs for the MY24 GT? Will there be any enhanced performance options or versions available? Ford is saying that the Rally will have "at least" 650 ft-lb of torque. Does this mean that that there will be a similar spec bump for the MY24 GT?
Doesn't the rally (with slightly higher torque) simply take the place of the GTPE?

As for the price cuts, well, my $70k '22 GT is about to take another drop in value once these prices filter through the market. Fingers crossed that the depreciation slows down after this latest change. Luckily not planning on selling it soon.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doesn't the rally (with slightly higher torque) simply take the place of the GTPE?
No.

The GT comes standard with mag ride. You can get upgraded wheels and a “performance upgrade” for a few grand more. That’s basically the PE.

The Rally is just something different altogether.

From the order guide-
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2024 Mach-E Rally official price: $59,995. Mach-E GT price cut to $53,995 IMG_9867

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
How is a car new with 3 or 4 thousand miles on it?
It is new for the registration and warranty purposes. I'm sure you already knew that. I have never bought a car with 0 mile. My new cars had 10+ miles to 300+ miles. The dealership that I bought MMEs from has 300+ loaners for customers who bought cars from them. Most of them are new high trims. They get pulled out from loaner service at around 3k miles.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
It is new for the registration and warranty purposes. I'm sure you already knew that. I have never bought a car with 0 mile. My new cars had 10+ miles to 300+ miles. The dealership that I bought MMEs from has 300+ loaners for customers who bought cars from them. Most of them are new high trims. They get pulled out from loaner service at around 3k miles.
The mannequin/loaner GT I bought last week as a new vehicle in Ohio started its warranty and Connected Services subscriptions last June when the dealer took possession. It only had 32 miles on it. Warranty start date may differ by state for these cars.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I paid $53K for my '21 CA/RT1. I should have waited for a $53K GT!!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I paid $53K for my '21 CA/RT1. I should have waited for a $53K GT!!
3 years is a long time to wait for a price to drop.

Especially considering that it’s pretty rare that prices go down on new cars.

You can always order a new GT now!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag