21P22 (Software Calibration Update) Expanded to Include Vehicles Built Through Sept 30, 2021

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It seems I am now eligible, built August 30. But my guess is that this update is more likely to make my car worse than better. Call me a pessimist.

Can any Job 2 people report noticeable results - favorable or unfavorable - from this 21P22 update?
my August 22 built GT got the update. Thereā€™s noticeable improvements. Specifically on the door buttons responding better including the lock button. New 80% cliff is really nice to know that Iā€™ve got now. Took less than 2.5 hours to complete by the dealer
Sponsored

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
It seems I am now eligible, built August 30. But my guess is that this update is more likely to make my car worse than better. Call me a pessimist.

Can any Job 2 people report noticeable results - favorable or unfavorable - from this 21P22 update?
my 8/30/21 built just got 21P22 Tuesday. haven't noticed much difference, but will do a trip next week with DC charging. will see whether the cliff is still on 80% or up to 90%.

PedalMasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Boxster S, 2010 Mazda CX-9
Country flag
Brought my 21 GTPE in for 10k service last week and specifically asked them to apply 21P22 update. Dealer happily agreed since it was ā€œcovered under warrantyā€. Took 3 hrs or so for them to do everything. What Iā€™ve noticed:
1. Efficiency seems noticeably improved. My trip odometer for all my historical 10k miles went from 2.6 mi/kWh to 3.0 mi/kWh. My range at 100% is now typically 260 (even saw 270 once) whereas before the update I never saw above 235 max, even with driver history reset. Still trying to understand this. Dealer said there was some kind of SW calibration done. Wondering if this affected the reported efficiency and range #ā€™s?
2. 90% charging curve update is great. On SF to SoCal road trip now and new charging curve has been great at EA. Iā€™ve seen 43kwh even at 93% SOC.
3. Smoother 1-pedal drive transition from mechanical brakes, less noticeable when starting from a standstill.
4. Quicker lock button as silverain mentions.
5. getting fewer random sensor faults overall.
6. brighter instrument cluster.
7. CarPlay still glitchy and randomly doesnā€™t auto connect to my phone šŸ˜”

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Motor Company, when will 21P22 be released for vehicles built after 1 Oct 2021?
My dealer says call Ford Customer Service, 800 392 3673.
customer service says, not for your VIN. But we donā€™t know when you will get itā€¦.
This is a significant update for long trips.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ford Motor Company, when will 21P22 be released for vehicles built after 1 Oct 2021?
My dealer says call Ford Customer Service, 800 392 3673.
customer service says, not for your VIN. But we donā€™t know when you will get itā€¦.
This is a significant update for long trips.
Vehicles built after Oct 1st came with newer software including BlueCruise from the factory, so the update doesnā€™t apply. Donā€™t expect it to be expanded again. If you are experiencing a specific problem you should report that to your dealer so they can apply targeted updates if necessary.

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Vehicles built after Oct 1st came with newer software including BlueCruise from the factory, so the update doesnā€™t apply. Donā€™t expect it to be expanded again. If you are experiencing a specific problem you should report that to your dealer so they can apply targeted updates if necessary.
Thanks Mach-Lee,
Was really wanting the 90% charge for fast chargers when traveling. For a 1000 mile trip that gives you about 100 miles more range.
I requested 21P22 from my dealer to improve the charging curve and they said call Ford. And Ford said someday maybe, donā€™t call us weā€˜ll call youā€¦.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
I requested 21P22 from my dealer to improve the charging curve and they said call Ford. And Ford said someday maybe, donā€™t call us weā€˜ll call youā€¦.
That is bad intel, if your build date precedes the extended cut off they are obliged to honor your request until the campaign ends in a couple months. FYI, the 22S41 recall update will also give you the rev'd charge curve, if they will not schedule you for that, find another dealer.

FYI, I had both done in a day at the end of July on my August 2021 built MME.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks Mach-Lee,
Was really wanting the 90% charge for fast chargers when traveling. For a 1000 mile trip that gives you about 100 miles more range.
Recall update will give you the revised charge curve to 90%. Have that done if you havenā€™t yet.
Sponsored

Reactions: ckt