problems post 21p22 update

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
Took my 21 premium in for recall of the panoramic roof and windshield. Also had them do the 21p22 software calibration update. this included multiple module updates, too long to list. The windshield and roof repair went ok except for the glue or adhesive they got all over the rear headliner. Dealership is trying to figure out what to do about it.
Biggest problem is that post update, many settings will not stick. I found that many settings had reverted to not being on, so changed them back to how I had them set. In particular the one pedal mode was turned off. I turned it back on, then stopped and parked the car. When I returned it had turned itself off again. I have not had a chance to try this multiple times yet. Anyone else have this experience and have any resolution?
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Holy hell, adhesive on the headliner? Amazing what dealer service departments (advisors) think they can get away with, sounds like a new headliner will be in order.

I noticed issues with satellite radio presets, and profile settings after the p22 update my dealer completed (although they did miss a few modules.) I also had a center console lockup- hoping that many of these issues will be corrected with the 2.5 OTA update. I may have seen the one pedal mode setting go flaky once, but have not seen it since the 2.3 OTA update went through.

A variety of other bugs with FordPass charging settings will also hopefully be corrected with further OTA updates.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
What's worked for most is not using your set profile, delete it and use guest, and set everything as you want it and then save that as your profile. Or you can try setting everything as you want it and re-saving it (pressing and holding whichever memory seat setting you have assigned to it). The latter worked for me after it did it once in my GT PE. You can send me your VIN if you want me to doublecheck they did all the updates.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Took my 21 premium in for recall of the panoramic roof and windshield. Also had them do the 21p22 software calibration update. this included multiple module updates, too long to list. The windshield and roof repair went ok except for the glue or adhesive they got all over the rear headliner. Dealership is trying to figure out what to do about it.
Biggest problem is that post update, many settings will not stick. I found that many settings had reverted to not being on, so changed them back to how I had them set. In particular the one pedal mode was turned off. I turned it back on, then stopped and parked the car. When I returned it had turned itself off again. I have not had a chance to try this multiple times yet. Anyone else have this experience and have any resolution?
Bummer.
I reluctantly took my car in for the recalls and software 'enhancements' but had a change of heart at the last minute and asked for my keys back and drove away. For me the risk vs reward ratio isn't strong enough to encourage me to have these changes applied to my car. Too many negatives for not enough positives so I think I'll pass and stick with my car as-is for now.

I am not having any issues with the vehicle at the moment other than departure times have decided to stop working unless I have my charge setting at 100%. I will switch back to 90% next week and see what happens with the departure times.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Do what we had to do a year ago. Go into your guest profile, set everything exactly how you want it and save. Switch back to your main profile and set everything there the way you want it. Back in “the day”, the car would inexplicably revert to guest settings. This was and is a work around. See if that helps at all.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The internets full of all sorts of crazies.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Have you tried turning off profiles, turning off the car, turn the car back on, and re-enable profiles? That was a fairly common fix for profile settings not sticking for early deliveries.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi there! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these post update concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bummer.
I reluctantly took my car in for the recalls and software 'enhancements' but had a change of heart at the last minute and asked for my keys back and drove away. For me the risk vs reward ratio isn't strong enough to encourage me to have these changes applied to my car. Too many negatives for not enough positives so I think I'll pass and stick with my car as-is for now.

I am not having any issues with the vehicle at the moment other than departure times have decided to stop working unless I have my charge setting at 100%. I will switch back to 90% next week and see what happens with the departure times.
There's plenty of posts now of the recall gone right. Especially now that dealers have had time. If you call your dealer and they balk at wanting to do it and don't have a windshield on hand, then I wouldn't force anything and would find another dealer. I mean, this is a safety thing, so I don't see how any negatives outweigh the positives of your windshield staying in place in a collision... Sounds like you're only thinking of the 21P22 updates, which you can obviously just decline.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There's plenty of posts now of the recall gone right. Especially now that dealers have had time. If you call your dealer and they balk at wanting to do it and don't have a windshield on hand, then I wouldn't force anything and would find another dealer. I mean, this is a safety thing, so I don't see how any negatives outweigh the positives of your windshield staying in place in a collision... Sounds like you're only thinking of the 21P22 updates, which you can obviously just decline.
Actually,
My dealer has called me at least 4 times trying to get me in to do the recall. They have spare windshields on hand so that isn't an issue.

My windshield has already been replaced twice. I have seen the adhesive bond on the pinch weld panels and my car does NOT have the concern scenario that generated the mass recall. Some vehicles may have it but mine does not. I have also smoke tested the pano roof and no leaks.

In my case, I don't see any benefit.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually,
My dealer has called me at least 4 times trying to get me in to do the recall. They have spare windshields on hand so that isn't an issue.

My windshield has already been replaced twice. I have seen the adhesive bond on the pinch weld panels and my car does NOT have the concern scenario that generated the mass recall. Some vehicles may have it but mine does not. I have also smoke tested the pano roof and no leaks.

In my case, I don't see any benefit.
The pano roof isn't about leaks only though, isn't it? It can also come loose? It isn't even about it being loose now, overtime it can come loose and literally detach from the vehicle. To each their own, sounds like you have an actually competent dealer and are causing yourself more trouble than its worth.

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Select with BlueCruise Job 1 21P22 SW Update
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
I had the 21p22 done over a month ago but last week found that the one-pedal drive was off. Found out as I was backing out o my driveway. given the length of time from the update, I can't say it was the cause.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
One pedal got turned off in my car for both my profile and my wife's. Nothing else seemed to be affected by the 21p22 update. Reset it to on in both profiles and it has worked perfectly since then.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
That update seems to make my PAAK way more reliable. Never really had any issues after either

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
Afte the 21p22 update the only problem I had was the Sirus/XM radio would not work. I did a re boot on the screen and then it was back.
Sponsored