tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Strange… the Auto Ambient Lighting toggle under Drive Modes is gone. I can change it in the Settings > Ambient Lighting but it doesn’t automatically switch any more.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.3.1 Power-Up SYNC Software Update BBAEDAF3-2F00-4CD5-AC2E-BA2DBCFC775E

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Dual phone actually sounds modestly useful. I wonder if Job 1s will get this?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Dual phone actually sounds modestly useful. I wonder if Job 1s will get this?
Jim Farley said it was a popular customer request and that it’s coming with the Frunk button update.

Footage of the announcement:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.3.1 Power-Up SYNC Software Update 1659813205101

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Strange… the Auto Ambient Lighting toggle under Drive Modes is gone. I can change it in the Settings > Ambient Lighting but it doesn’t automatically switch any more.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.3.1 Power-Up SYNC Software Update 1659813205101
Hmm, same here.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So the Lightning OTA team is clearly taking a different approach to rolling these out. Meaning there is no EA. Everybody is getting them. 3.1.0 was last week and then 3.2.0 two days ago and now 3.3.1 yesterday. For everybody.
I think there are less customers with Lightnings than there are customers with Mach Es that are in EAP. No need for an EAP in Lightning yet.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I think there are less customers with Lightnings than there are customers with Mach Es that are in EAP. No need for an EAP in Lightning yet.
Well as long as they're sending out updates to everybody at the same time I guess we're all in the Lightning EA program. đź‘Ť

Also while on that topic...what is the benefit of sending out a recall OTA for 22S41 to an EA group and not the wider population...but also providing those same updated files for the PCM, BECM, SOBDM, SOBDMB, and SOBDMC as availble updates in FDRS?

If it's in FDRS for wider distribution, why is the OTA limited to just an EA group?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well as long as they're sending out updates to everybody at the same time I guess we're all in the Lightning EA program. đź‘Ť

Also while on that topic...what is the benefit of sending out a recall OTA for 22S41 to an EA group and not the wider population...but also providing those same updated files for the PCM, BECM, SOBDM, SOBDMB, and SOBDMC as availble updates in FDRS?

If it's in FDRS for wider distribution, why is the OTA limited to just an EA group?
Because EAP provides a large Beta test environment before sending the update to tens of thousands of cars. When the BlueCruise OTAs went through, the 2.5.x series was tested on EAP members, then it was updated, and 2.8.x went to everyone. Testing is a good thing.

Volfan615

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cyber Orange GT Performance
Country flag
Don't get too excited over the dual phones. Still not working like it should. They also took away the ability to select a phone as a favorite. So it connects automatically to the last phone connected and you have to manually connect the second phone. In a household where my wife and I share the Mach E this doesn't work out too well. For should put some better thought into this.

Also today for the first time, it didn't auto select my profile when I unlicked the car. Didn't notice until we were driving and noticed my presets were all screwed up. Tried changing to my profile but wouldn't do anything. Had to wait till we were home, turned off the car, locked it, etc. and the profiles were working again.

I love this car but the software is driving me crazy!

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
2022 GTPE here. Just got 3.3.1 at around 1pm PST. After checking, everything works fine. Dual phone bluetooth is much appreciated.

Cheers,

RobbW
What are the pros of having dual phone? Besides not having to find phone in settings to switch.
I just plug and go in my current vehicles.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Don't get too excited over the dual phones. Still not working like it should. They also took away the ability to select a phone as a favorite. So it connects automatically to the last phone connected and you have to manually connect the second phone. In a household where my wife and I share the Mach E this doesn't work out too well. For should put some better thought into this.

Also today for the first time, it didn't auto select my profile when I unlicked the car. Didn't notice until we were driving and noticed my presets were all screwed up. Tried changing to my profile but wouldn't do anything. Had to wait till we were home, turned off the car, locked it, etc. and the profiles were working again.

I love this car but the software is driving me crazy!
I thought the Driver's Seat Module (DSM) update was supposed to fix that problem?

Mike
Sponsored