kayzoqueen

First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E GT, Jaguar F-Type, Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
Stalking another build thread and a customer spoke to their dealer today who alerted them they probably won't be able to pick up their car until October/November... Please wake me from this nightmare

javierhe

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT,2020 F-150 Raptor,2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Since my car is still in Mexico I was hoping it will not have the issue... but according to etis.ford.com my VIN is affected... 👿👿👿

And btw, what the fuck about the "1.4L Zetec-S EFI" line... that does not inspire much confidence about this information. Maybe the fix is to replace the electric motors with an ICE one? I'd prefer a V8 XD

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat 1655232036466

I will try to get more information from the dealer, but I guess I already know the answer 😭

awaters

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Black
Country flag
Since my car is still in Mexico I was hoping it will not have the issue... but according to etis.ford.com my VIN is affected... 👿👿👿

And btw, what the fuck about the "1.4L Zetec-S EFI" line... that does not inspire much confidence about this information. Maybe the fix is to replace the electric motors with an ICE one? I'd prefer a V8 XD

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat 1655232036466

I will try to get more information from the dealer, but I guess I already know the answer 😭
That's what's confused me about this whole situation. We saw the new HVBJB part number released quite a bit ago, so it would make sense that they were holding the GTs to update since they were the most prominent failure, but it sure doesn't sound like that's the case given what everyone is saying here and how all our VINs are showing as part of the recall.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
This was shaping up to be a big delivery week for this group. It's been crickets from my dealer and I'm not rushing any conversations until I know my car is sitting on the lot. I stopped tracking my car I'm so distracted. Is anyone talking with their dealers?

Ninja4hire

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
I don't think the actual VINs have been sorted yet, since the public recall has not actually been released. We are still going off of the dealer-only notification. Also it looks like ETIS just shows every MME, since every MME is potentially effected. However I still believe (hope), that any of the late builds will already have this updated part on them. (if an actual part is needed).

I guess we will find out the hard way as usual.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
This was shaping up to be a big delivery week for this group. It's been crickets from my dealer and I'm not rushing any conversations until I know my car is sitting on the lot. I stopped tracking my car I'm so distracted. Is anyone talking with their dealers?
Honestly...I don't trust the dealers to know anything. I think we have more knowledge collectively as a forum than they do on the issue, due to the individuals with NDA's from FMC who have now confirmed more information since the recall notice went out.

My dealer made a comment that they hope to see me in a few days, yet, told me they don't know much about the recall currently. They did say, they'll let me know when the car arrives, so I gave up on tracking constantly throughout the day, as there really is no rush anymore to pick it up as FMC Chat confirmed my vin for the recall.

Fingers crossed we'll see some clarity from FMC in the coming days, that'll help give us some insight on what to expect.

I'm seeing mixed reviews from people who have their car, have their car in the factory, and are mid-transit. Personally, my assumption is those at the factory are more likely to have their vehicles completed and available sooner than those of us (myself included) who will have to wait for a Service Tech to fix/install any necessary updates or corrections to the vehicle. To those who have received their vehicles already, fingers crossed you can truly enjoy the MME- and I hope you read the forums to see what you can do to prevent any possible issues.

We Got This, Y'all.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
Looks like Ford is expecting a fix for the recall within the month.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat 15AD2EF7-5D25-4274-8249-EF8EE86A3949

machEfan1

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have decided to hedge my bets. I placed a $250 deposit for a Tesla Model 3 today, supposedly will be available September-December. If my Mach E isn't ready by September, I will at least have a backup.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I have decided to hedge my bets. I placed a $250 deposit for a Tesla Model 3 today, supposedly will be available September-December. If my Mach E isn't ready by September, I will at least have a backup.
Good move. I did the same today with a Tesla Model Y Performance. ETA AUG-OCT. it was worth the $250 and it took me under two mins to complete. My MME was supposed to deliver this week, my current car is now sold and my financing expires in 30 days.

MGHTYDX

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 BMW i4 M50; '24 Mustang GT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I hedged mine as well and put down a deposit on a Polestar 2 yesterday.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Guessing the other EV makers are going to see a small bump in orders now.

Ninja4hire

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
What sucks for me is that I don't like any other EV that is currently available and that I can currently afford. I kinda like some of the new ones coming out, but those won't even be here until 2023/24.

E=IR

First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Radiant Red
Occupation
Seeker of Fun
Country flag
Bets are now hedged… I put down a deposit on a Fisker Ocean this morning. If my 10/4/2021 order ever gets to me, I’ll decide then what to do. The reality that Ford cares so little about customer impressions has finally done its damage. Oh well…

MGHTYDX

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 BMW i4 M50; '24 Mustang GT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Bets are now hedged… I put down a deposit on a Fisker Ocean this morning. If my 10/4/2021 order ever gets to me, I’ll decide then what to do. The reality that Ford cares so little about customer impressions has finally done its damage. Oh well…
On top of my Polestar 2 hedge, I now also have a Fisker Ocean and a Fisker PEAR hedge! Got so many hedges, I think I need to hire a gardener. :)
Sponsored