7/4/22 Build Week Chat

Bt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mazda 3
Country flag
Anyone in Iowa got a truck that can go pick up all our mach e's in Kansas? 😆 Will pay for diesel.
Maybe we can ask my dealer if we can borrow their lighting. Free publicity for them. 😉
So I joked about this, but apparently my truck is on convoy to Iowa. I guess it left last night according to my friend at Ford that checked their internal system. So maybe yours is also on that convoy!

"Mach E was shipped on a convoy yesterday at 10:48! Convoy #1362571236"

Fingers crossed!
Sponsored

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid. 2022 MME CR1 on order
Country flag
My OCD is getting the best of me. I called the Norfolk Southern automated line again, and I have an update - my MME (on railcar 963903) departed Edgemoor, Delaware at 4:51 this morning. My educated guess is that it went to Port Wilmington to drop of vehicles for shipping (to Europe?) and is now continuing on its journey closer to me. Hey, it's progress.

Reactions: Bt3

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
So I joked about this, but apparently my truck is on convoy to Iowa. I guess it left last night according to my friend at Ford that checked their internal system. So maybe yours is also on that convoy!

"Mach E was shipped on a convoy yesterday at 10:48! Convoy #1362571236"

Fingers crossed!
That's awesome, sadly on my end ford chat just givesme the same old "its in MO since July 18th" and current delivery date to dealer is Aug-19-2022, kind of insane that it takes 1 month to travel 3 hours worth of drive time =/ .

Bt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mazda 3
Country flag
My Mustang is at the dealership! I can't pick it up till tomorrow morning, but very excited that after almost 7 months and 2 days I'll finally have my birthday gift! 🎉

Kevin2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME
Country flag
My OCD is getting the best of me. I called the Norfolk Southern automated line again, and I have an update - my MME (on railcar 963903) departed Edgemoor, Delaware at 4:51 this morning. My educated guess is that it went to Port Wilmington to drop of vehicles for shipping (to Europe?) and is now continuing on its journey closer to me. Hey, it's progress.
My car is at the Wilmington rail yard that is 10 miles away from my dealer. I called the dealer and they aren’t sure when it will be delivered. They said they have about 30 cars from the last 2 weeks still sitting at the rail yard waiting to be delivered. So close but yet no good estimate.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 7/4/22 Build Week Chat 1659666420850

Got a response from my dealer, car's still sitting at the ramp :( Target date shows August 13-19, which of course is the week I had planned to take some vacation time with the family

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I got my charger in the mail today, went with a Lectron V-Box with 48 amp. Hopefully I don't regret getting a charger with just a 1yr warranty on it. I'm still waiting on both my car and my electrician to come wire in the 50 amp fuse to my garage.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bt3

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
... _ _ _ ... still waiting! Also, I'm sticking with the included cables for 1C charging since it's allegedly easier on the EV battery.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
... _ _ _ ... still waiting! Also, I'm sticking with the included cables for 1C charging since it's allegedly easier on the EV battery.
My bad, I guess the included cables do about .1C on 240 volts.

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My MME has made it to the dealership! I will try to pick it up Monday.
Congrats!!

My MME is still at the Port Wilmington rail yard (ramp 2G) awaiting a new rail car to send it my way. I'm still on track for a delivery of 14-20 August, so that's good.

I've got financing lined up, insurance lined up, and I'm very likely going to go with flood ford for ESP protection (unless my dealership can match it). For all who have taken delivery so far - any pitfalls to be wary of at the dealership when finalizing the deal?

zackary_b

First Name
Zackary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Country flag
Finally got rail information from Ford today.. Showed delivery by 8/5. Checking the rail information it is being sent with Union Pacific. Shows that it was loaded, arrived 8/05 and has an estimated time of arrival at industry on 8/13. Origin shows Muncie, KS. Not sure what the arrival time at industry is supposed to mean...

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My MME has arrived at the dealership! Just spoke with my dealer rep about preparation for pickup. Still paperwork (myself and the dealership) to handle, so I'll be picking up Merida tomorrow!!
Sponsored