Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, I emailed internet salesman yesterday. I was firm about what I wanted from him ( out the door price with no add ons or badging) His reply to me was ā€œ I will be in the office tomorrow and will check concepts.ā€ WTH is concepts? I tried to google it and came up empty handed. Any ideas?
@AKgrampy @Reign of Ravens @FLmac @RickMachE or anybody.
Concepts is the program they use to order vehicles. So sounds like salesman is being straight with you. They may have to work with the sales manager to get the info you are requesting.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
You 100% need to get a purchase agreement, and even that agreement does not fully save you from ADM.
My situation was exactly the same. I had all the printouts, several conversations where they reassured that they don't do that shit. But when I came to pick up my car, they added 1k extra to the car price (they just don't call it ADM) plus addons. I was able to negotiate it down to 500 but the experience was ruined

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I believe it mainly depends on the market situation in your town at the moment of picking up the car.
If they have a plenty of interested buyers ready to pay 5+ k extra to get the car ASAP then of course they would prefer to refuse to give you that car.....
Although I believe purchase agreement does have some power, not much however

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I believe it mainly depends on the market situation in your town at the moment of picking up the car.
If they have a plenty of interested buyers ready to pay 5+ k extra to get the car ASAP then of course they would prefer to refuse to give you that car.....
Although I believe purchase agreement does have some power, not much however
So far, Iā€™ve been pleased with my salesman. He has been very responsive to my emails. I asked up front ( my only in person visit in Jan) do they have ADM. Gave me a firm no. I will follow up once he sends me the numbers. I think Iā€™m the kind of customer they hate. I communicate by email so they canā€™t haggle things out with me. Dealerships IMO will take the online buying process hard.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
So far Iā€™ve been pleased with my salesman. He is been very responsive. I asked up front do they have ADM. Gave me a firm no. I will follow up once he sends me the numbers. I think Iā€™m the kind of customer they hate. I communicate by email so they canā€™t haggle things out with me. Dealerships IMO will take the online buying process hard.
Dealers like this usually like to be rewarded for their responsiveness and efforts to be nice ;)

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Thanks, thatā€™s a nice approach. I will do that. I didnā€™t want to sound like they couldnā€™t be trustedšŸ˜‚ I knew you guys would help me.
Absolutely do that. I also changed my color and I have both the original and the altered order. It's your right, they won't be offended. It's how the business work.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Dealers like this usually like to be rewarded for their responsiveness and efforts to be nice ;)
If he plays nice, so will I. šŸ˜œ Iā€™m not one for any BS

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I didnā€™t want to sound like they couldnā€™t be trustedšŸ˜‚ I knew you guys would help me.
There is nothing wrong in not trusting car dealers šŸ˜

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I do not think you have anything to worry about. However, to ease your mind contact them and just mention you do not have a copy of your order that includes the price and your deposit. Tell them you would appreciate having a copy. Should be no issue to provide this.
That copy wouldn't do much. The problem is not that they are trying to deceive you. The problem is that they may decide to refuse to sell you a car for previously negotiated price because "the situation on the market changed" since then.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I havenā€™t had time to crunch the numbers.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I used the search function on this forum to search my dealer's name to see if they were on the 'No ADM Dealer List'. Fortunately, my dealer was on the thread and doesn't charge ADM.. Try it! Hopefully, you'll get your answer from the thread.

Official List: No ADM Mach-E Ford Dealers | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions
For what it's worth, that list may be inaccurate. I know I submitted an entry to that list when my dealer said no ADM on internet orders, but two or three months after that, they changed that policy. Or rather, they claim Ford did: supposedly Ford was prohibiting (or at least, strongly discouraging) ADM on internet/customer orders, but my dealership told me that Ford is now allowing it. Not sure if they were lying and maybe they just couldn't figure out how to put in ADM on the website before, who knows - but if they were right and it was a change at Ford, then other dealerships are probably doing the same. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit that ADM list, so I know my inaccurate entry is still on there...

@TonyaE what did you order, and when did your order go in (order accepted by dealer)? I can't say if the numbers look right without that information. The Advantage Program might be unnecessary depending on your car insurance; I know my insurance covers a fair bit of what they offer. But if my dealership offered me something similar, I'd probably just take it. Not that $900 isn't a nice sum of money but compared to the rest of the vehicle it's nothing, and the benefits are decent. I'd probably just throw it to my dealer and not fight over that one, but it's your money and not mine :p

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
For what it's worth, that list may be inaccurate. I know I submitted an entry to that list when my dealer said no ADM on internet orders, but two or three months after that, they changed that policy. Or rather, they claim Ford did: supposedly Ford was prohibiting (or at least, strongly discouraging) ADM on internet/customer orders, but my dealership told me that Ford is now allowing it. Not sure if they were lying and maybe they just couldn't figure out how to put in ADM on the website before, who knows - but if they were right and it was a change at Ford, then other dealerships are probably doing the same. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit that ADM list, so I know my inaccurate entry is still on there...

@TonyaE what did you order, and when did your order go in (order accepted by dealer)? I can't say if the numbers look right without that information. The Advantage Program might be unnecessary depending on your car insurance; I know my insurance covers a fair bit of what they offer. But if my dealership offered me something similar, I'd probably just take it. Not that $900 isn't a nice sum of money but compared to the rest of the vehicle it's nothing, and the benefits are decent. I'd probably just throw it to my dealer and not fight over that one, but it's your money and not mine :p
My insurance is awesome. They cover most of what the advantage program offers. My deductible is only$250, needed it twice since driving (30 years) Windshields covered at 100%. I canā€™t see where I would use this. If they make it 1/2 price, Iā€™ll take it. I ordered on 1/25, went to dealer on 1/26, order accepted on that date.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Here goes. What dealer sent me today. What do you guys think?
@AKgrampy @rcechinel @Rt1AWD @MachEMaster and others

789DC5AE-7094-4332-BA87-642A7FD88DC9.png
I think that is sufficient. It specifies all the costs associated with buying the car, and the agreed "out the door" price. That is what everyone should get from their dealer. If you don't have that, they can say you didn't have an agreed price. In the past Ford has been willing to help customers who have signed purchase agreements, like this one, but they cannot help if there is no agreement that itemizes all the costs and provides the agreed OTD price.

You should sign it also, of course.