After your current MME, What is your next EV?

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It's tough to say for us. The MME has been flawless so far after just over a year, and we have almost two years left on our Options plan. A lot is likely to happen in that time that would shift our choice.

So we have the MME, but also have an F-150 Hybrid. The F-150 does a lot of hauling duty for normal around home stuff, but also recreation/traveling. It has made our lives so much easier because of how comfortable and capable it is, I don't know of any other vehicle right now that could replace it.

But if Ford launched a BEV Explorer by the time the MME is due back, and if by then (should be 2025) it has a NACS port, basically all the things are aligned that are in play, that may be enough to get us away from the F-150. That would make the choice for what replaces the MME tougher. Do we want to go full BEV at that point, getting another MME or similar. Or do we fall back to another small hybrid SUV, like an Escape or Corsair, so we have our options open still.

I would like to go full BEV. The MME has outperformed in all our expectations. It has been rock solid reliable, virtually no maintenance, and costs almost nothing to operate between our roof mounted solar and ToU electric plans. I think what we buy depends a lot on what Ford offers in two years and what the DCFC infrastructure looks like.
Sponsored

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Want to keep this one forever šŸ˜
Another 275 day today with a 350-miler on Thursday coming up - canā€™t wait.

Cut it a bit fine today, though, did 2.8miles/kWh all day, last leg, a 26 mile stretch with 3 miles to spare, tucked myself in behind a truck doing the double-Nickel and got 11 miles spare left when I got home, last leg returned 4.1miles/kWh, amazing what you can do when you try!!!!

šŸ˜¬

OP
OP
lwilliams0514

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
After the Mach-E I have no idea what the market will look like as we will keep the car another 6 years. But I would LOVE a Maverick EV to replace our 2017 Ford Focus Electric
As a person who works in the car businessā€¦. And was working for a Ford dealer at the timeā€¦. I would like to apologize for the Ford Focus Electric on behalf of @Ford Motor Company lol

miguelcastro67

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT-Perf
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm digging the Fisker. The Cadillac Lyric is very nice too. I'm pretty happy with my MME-GTpe for the time being. Ford, as a company, not so much. I come from driving a 4-door Wrangler for several years and I do miss that car a lot. That said, one I would look at if my MME really starts to piss me off is the Wrangler plug-in Hybrid. If Ford hybrids/E-up the Bronco, I'd look at that too. See a pattern here? :)

jpiazza67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium x
Country flag
Hopefully this is the first and last EV I buy. I love my mustang and would be perfectly happy driving it for decades.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I'm digging the Fisker. The Cadillac Lyric is very nice too. I'm pretty happy with my MME-GTpe for the time being. Ford, as a company, not so much. I come from driving a 4-door Wrangler for several years and I do miss that car a lot. That said, one I would look at if my MME really starts to piss me off is the Wrangler plug-in Hybrid. If Ford hybrids/E-up the Bronco, I'd look at that too. See a pattern here? :)
Agreed. If/when the Bronco goes EV it is a slam dunk. And that is coming from my wife who is the primary driver of the MME!

OP
OP
lwilliams0514

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Wellā€¦ā€¦ Jeep just announced an all electric Wrangler so I would look into that!

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wellā€¦ā€¦ Jeep just announced an all electric Wrangler so I would look into that!
I believe a plug in hybrid already exists, but the full electric is not scheduled until 2028, unless last week's news is incorrect. The Magneto concept is cool tho. With the latest EV landscape I might wonder if manufacturers scale back on EV development and producton a bit.

OP
OP
lwilliams0514

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I believe a plug in hybrid already exists, but the full electric is not scheduled until 2028, unless last week's news is incorrect. The Magneto concept is cool tho. With the latest EV landscape I might wonder if manufacturers scale back on EV development and producton a bit.
I live in CA. I think they may scale back but many of the EVs are purchased here. We have more EVs per resident than any other state by far. So they will keep using us as their Test State lol

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
If you are big on range, be wary of the current iteration of the Wrangler/Grand Cherokee 4xes. On battery alone they are good for about 20-26 miles depending on platform, from about 14-15kWh usable (pack is supposed to be either 17 or 18, not entirely sure). Not exactly great unless you are purely urban. Otherwise, plan to use gas at least some of the time. Granted, the 2.0 turbo really kicks in sport mode, especially when the battery is near 100% (maybe just me, but my experience suggests as much). Not quite MMe performance, but close.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Kind of agree with other post here about owning an EV for daily and ICE for road tripping.
I actually have 5 other ICE vehicles and use them when my wife is out with the MME. Working at home helps. The 220+ range of the MME is more than enough for the 65+ round trip when I do go into the office, lunch and local post-work visits are added to that. Charging at home is a must. Not sure of the range of the Jeep Wrangler/ Magneto full EV, but as long as it is the same or better than the MME, it would work for my use case. I feel PHEVs are a bridge and have little interest in owning one.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
As a person who works in the car businessā€¦. And was working for a Ford dealer at the timeā€¦. I would like to apologize for the Ford Focus Electric on behalf of @Ford Motor Company lol
LOL, thank you for that, but actually we don't regret our purchase. In 2017 the one EVs really out at the time was the Model S & X which we could not afford, the Nissan Leaf which living in Texas I did not want to deal with the Battery degradation, The Chevy Bolt (which I don't know who designed those Park bench seats but after 30 minutes in the car my legs would start falling asleep), and the micro cars I could not fit in (Fiat).
Our Focus has 60,000 miles on it. It has had no issues, still gets about 100 miles of range doesn't rattle, or shake or anything. I also love that in town it easily gets over 5 miles per kWh. Which at our electric rates (if we didn't have Solar) puts our cost at $2.20 for 100 miles of travel. Can't beat that lol.
Only thing I really don't like is the cargo capacity is meh with the battery back there. And it is very strange some times driving a front wheel drive car that has 55% of the weight in the rear (yep she has a big but and she cannot lieā€¦) šŸ¤£
We tell people that our Focus Electric, and our Mach-E is a good example of how fast EVs are evolving. In 5 years the MME is such a better car than the FFE, canā€™t wait for a Maverick Lightning (or Thunder) (Or Thor package whatever they want to call it) hahaha
Sponsored