kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
If you've got a 2019 or later Mustang GT with FordPass access, and want to test the app with your coupe, send me a DM and I'll hook you up with a beta I would like to test.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you've got a 2019 or later Mustang GT with FordPass access, and want to test the app with your coupe, send me a DM and I'll hook you up with a beta I would like to test.
Uploaded version 2023.01.03 to GitHub and Play Store. The only addition is support for Mustangs without direct testing other than checking that the graphics look mostly correct. Some other minor changes under the hood.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My widget has not updated since 01/01. I am running 2023.01.03. I tried a force stop and that did not help. I am running from the Play store. Phone restart also did not help.

Suggestions?

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My widget has not updated since 01/01. I am running 2023.01.03. I tried a force stop and that did not help. I am running from the Play store. Phone restart also did not help.

Suggestions?
You can enable logging and send me the log in a DM (let it run for a while, and also force a refresh). But it you were using the app before the API change, I'd suggest wiping your data and starting over fresh.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can enable logging and send me the log in a DM (let it run for a while, and also force a refresh). But it you were using the app before the API change, I'd suggest wiping your data and starting over fresh.
I went ahead and wiped my data, created a second Ford Pass account to login to the Ford status app, and all is good now.

Thanks for the detailed help and a great tool!👍

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I went ahead and wiped my data, created a second Ford Pass account to login to the Ford status app, and all is good now.

Thanks for the detailed help and a great tool!👍
So did your first FordPass account get locked by Ford? You'll know if you can't log into Ford.com anymore.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So did your first FordPass account get locked by Ford? You'll know if you can't log into Ford.com anymore.
No, I was not locked out, so I have 2 working Ford Pass accounts. I use one for Ford Pass and one just for the widget app. This way, if the app gets me kicked off all I'll lose is the widget.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Uploaded version 2023.01.22 to GitHub and Play Store. No major changes, just slight tweaks to the appearance of the widgets and some bug fixes.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Uploaded version 2023.01.25 to GitHub and Play Store. No major changes unless you own a European Ford Focus, or would like to have more control over the units displayed in the widgets.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Uploaded version 2023.01.25 to GitHub and Play Store. No major changes unless you own a European Ford Focus, or would like to have more control over the units displayed in the widgets.
Hey Louise and Ken,

I've been using your great Mach E widget since mid-Summer. Well designed and I look at it every day. Thank you for the "upkeep" to the widget.

QUestion: for the 1st time in months (maybe 1st time ever) my widget has stopped car updates... the last car info it shows is from 19 January. My FordPass though, from whose information the widget draws its data, is up to date to today. Any suggestions to get the widget up to date?

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Louise and Ken,

I've been using your great Mach E widget since mid-Summer. Well designed and I look at it every day. Thank you for the "upkeep" to the widget.

Question: for the 1st time in months (maybe 1st time ever) my widget has stopped car updates... the last car info it shows is from 19 January. My FordPass though, from whose information the widget draws its data, is up to date to today. Any suggestions to get the widget up to date?
The two issues I've been seeing the most lately causing this are 1) running an older version of the widget, or 2) not turning off battery optimizations. If neither of those are applicable, you can open an issue on GItHub and send a logfile for me to check.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The two issues I've been seeing the most lately causing this are 1) running an older version of the widget, or 2) not turning off battery optimizations. If neither of those are applicable, you can open an issue on GItHub and send a logfile for me to check.
OK thank you - let me try the battery optimization.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Uploaded version 2023.01.27 to GitHub and Play Store. A bug fix for one important null pointer exception.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My widget has stopped responding again, this time for over a week. Are there clues in the log? Thanks.

Screenshot_20230215_143859_One UI Home.jpg

Attachments

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My widget has stopped responding again, this time for over a week. Are there clues in the log? Thanks.
Today's update should fix this. You may need to log in again, but first just try a manual refresh.
Sponsored