Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That's interesting. It would be nice to know what the algorithm factors in, whether it is size of vehicle or its proximity to the lane markings next to you, or some blend of the two?
Indeed, and to be clear, I've only had about 100 miles on the freeway with it, most of which was very light traffic. And almost all of that was without hands free mode activated, though hands on mode seems to behave the same except with prompts to keep your hands on the wheel of course.

In other words, those are just some initial impressions that could change with more experience/data.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The lane position did move to the left of the lane when passing a semi, at least when I was in the left lane. I'm not sure what it will do yet if I'm in the center lane passing a semi while other cars are in the left lane passing me. The instrument cluster graphic actually shows the car's position in the lane move over to the left when it engages.

It also seems to be primarily (or only?) when passing semi's. I didn't notice any difference around normal cars/pickups.
Thanks. Last question I have is in regards to curves. The current version drops out of hands-free a lot on curves, so not sure if the new version is better there. But it is supposed to slow down on curves which it didn't do before. Maybe you haven't driven it on a curvy road yet but any impressions about the curve speed reduction? Too much or too little?

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
How responsive is the display? Does it crash/lag a lot launching things like youtube? I wonder if they've upgraded the snapdragon chip on 23's or if it's still running the old 820A.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks. Last question I have is in regards to curves. The current version drops out of hands-free a lot on curves, so not sure if the new version is better there. But it is supposed to slow down on curves which it didn't do before. Maybe you haven't driven it on a curvy road yet but any impressions about the curve speed reduction? Too much or too little?
I haven't tried that part yet since the setting is tied to the automatic cruising speed changes based on speed limit sign recognition. My commute to work is in an express lane with a different speed limit than the non express lane, and the speed sign recognition would see both signs and alternately adjust the cruising speed for each. It got really annoying so I just turned the feature off in our 22, and likewise turned it off when we picked up the 23.

We have a weekend trip planned in two weeks so I can turn it on for that trip and see what it does. I'm a little disappointed that they tied it to the cruising speed adjustment setting since I would likely use it if it was a separate setting.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How responsive is the display? Does it crash/lag a lot launching things like youtube? I wonder if they've upgraded the snapdragon chip on 23's or if it's still running the old 820A.
It's kind of laggy when it first starts up but seems ok after it's been running for a few minutes. That said, it feels about the same as our 22. No crashes yet but we obviously haven't had it for long. Our 22 only crashed/rebooted a few times over ~7k miles so it was reliable enough. I haven't tried YouTube on the 23 yet but it was pretty slow in the 22.

I doubt they've updated the chipset but I have no way to check that. Newer chips and by extension newer process nodes are in high demand so sticking with an older design on a presumably older node would make sense for volume availability, as long as it works well enough and TSMC will keep making them.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I haven't tried that part yet since the setting is tied to the automatic cruising speed changes based on speed limit sign recognition. My commute to work is in an express lane with a different speed limit than the non express lane, and the speed sign recognition would see both signs and alternately adjust the cruising speed for each. It got really annoying so I just turned the feature off in our 22, and likewise turned it off when we picked up the 23.

We have a weekend trip planned in two weeks so I can turn it on for that trip and see what it does. I'm a little disappointed that they tied it to the cruising speed adjustment setting since I would likely use it if it was a separate setting.
To be clear, the curve speed reduction isn't based on signs, it's based on the radius of curvature? BlueCruise 1.2 is supposed to know how sharp the curve ahead is based on map data and should slow down a few MPH going into the curves. The old software could not tell how much to slow down until it was actually turning and measuring the steering angle. As a result BlueCruise would sometimes go too fast through a curve or brake suddenly going into it.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
To be clear, the curve speed reduction isn't based on signs, it's based on the radius of curvature? BlueCruise 1.2 is supposed to know how sharp the curve ahead is based on map data and should slow down a few MPH going into the curves. The old software could not tell how much to slow down until it was actually turning and measuring the steering angle. As a result BlueCruise would sometimes go too fast through a curve or brake suddenly going into it.
That's my understanding for the logic, but the setting to enable/disable it is the same setting for enabling/disabling cruising speed adjustment based on speed sign recognition. Maybe I'm missing something but as far as I can tell, the same setting controls both unfortunately.

I would prefer separate settings because I would disable cruising speed adjustment while enabling the curve speed reduction. I'll try to get a picture of the setting and description for you. That might help make it clearer.

Edit:
The setting is "Predictive Speed Assist" as shown in the pictures.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any 2023 Mach-E deliveries yet? PXL_20221205_032044039
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any 2023 Mach-E deliveries yet? PXL_20221205_032057462

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
That's my understanding for the logic, but the setting to enable/disable it is the same setting for enabling/disabling cruising speed adjustment based on speed sign recognition. Maybe I'm missing something but as far as I can tell, the same setting controls both unfortunately.

I would prefer separate settings because I would disable cruising speed adjustment while enabling the curve speed reduction. I'll try to get a picture of the setting and description for you. That might help make it clearer.

Edit:
That’s a bummer! What happens when you turn it on and go to the “Speed Limit Assist” category below? Does that only let you set the tolerance now or could you possibly turn that off and it leaves predictive speed assist on?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I’m really looking forward to 1.2 being pushed to my car. Any thoughts on when that will be?

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag

Edit:
PXL_20221205_032044039.jpg
PXL_20221205_032057462.jpg
Do you have the mustang symbol showing when you walk up to your car that come from the side view mirrors and u see it on the ground?

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Do you have the mustang symbol showing when you walk up to your car that come from the side view mirrors and u see it on the ground?
If the car is locked and I either have the fob or PAAK is connected when walking up to the car, yes.
Sponsored