John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
It was just about 79/80 today and car was left in the sun for 2 hours, I check the temp at 12 noon using infrared thermometer. Windshield and all side glass 80 D. Pana roof and back glass 89 . Seats were 80 D. So interior was 80 ? Will check again tomorrow to compare today's readings. On Monday getting
Lummar Stratos tint installed. Tues I will test again. Temp should remain about the same for the next 4/5 days.
Sponsored

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
Black or tan interior?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’ve driven in direct sunlight numerous times with my Mach-E with the pano roof. I also park outside full time.

It is now May and I have to say, I have not been bothered by the sun coming through the pano roof nor have I felt the vehicle get excessively hot under the sun.

I am generally pretty crazy about this sort of thing and I fully expected to have to get some sort of sun shade before I got the Mach-E. I have done a complete 180, based on how good the infrared tinting is that Ford put in, I have zero intention of putting a shade in, it is that good.

Hopefully I will still feel this way once summer gets underway, but we are not so far off from the summer solstice at this point and at the very least feel the tint is holding up extremely well in keeping the bright sun out.

OP
OP
jsteach

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Here is my problem the sun was hitting the front windshield a much a the pano roof, yet a 10 degree difference in temperature. I don't believe the pano roof has as much IR rejection as the Windshield. . The reason I'm questioning this, is I actuality feel heat on top of my head, and Its only 80. Getting information from any manufacturer on specs is like pulling
hen's teeth. Only one person knows !! and they forgot !!!!

Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Here is my problem the sun was hitting the front windshield a much a the pano roof, yet a 10 degree difference in temperature. I don't believe the pano roof is IR. The reason I'm questioning this, is I actuality feel heat on top of my head, and Its only 80.
Dunno what exactly they coated the pano roof with but Ford says “The benefits of this available panoramic fixed-glass roof go beyond its expansive view. Special coating is designed to help the interior stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.” - see Ford link.

OP
OP
jsteach

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Dunno what exactly they coated the pano roof with but Ford says “The benefits of this available panoramic fixed-glass roof go beyond its expansive view. Special coating is designed to help the interior stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.” - see Ford link.
Don't mean to be sarcastic. Talk is cheap !! specs say a lot. 10% IR rejection is nothing !!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Don't mean to be sarcastic. Talk is cheap !! specs say a lot. 10% IR rejection is nothing !!
Your experiences are your own. If the panoramic roof bothers you get an aftermarket shade for it or tint it and see if helps.

For many others, including those of us living in perpetual summer, the roof is fine as is. But those are our experiences not yours.

OP
OP
jsteach

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Your experiences are your own. If the panoramic roof bothers you get an aftermarket shade for it or tint it and see if helps.

For many others, including those of us living in perpetual summer, the roof is fine as is. But those are our experiences not yours.
Thanks. I agree. I just wish Information was as available as great advise !!!

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I just put Llumar Stratos 70 on everything but the panoramic roof today. I haven't had a chance to do a test on it, but on the drive home the Stratos seemed to perform about the same as the factory coating on the roof, except that the Stratos is almost clear.

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
I just put Llumar Stratos 70 on everything but the panoramic roof today. I haven't had a chance to do a test on it, but on the drive home the Stratos seemed to perform about the same as the factory coating on the roof, except that the Stratos is almost clear.
That stuff has impressive stats!

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think there are several good brands out there that make great ceramic tint. My tint guy uses Solar Gard Vortex nano ceramic tint. I went with 70% on the windshield and glass roof, 50% on the front side windows and 20% on the rear side windows and hatch window. This particular tint rejects up to 96% IR rays, blocks more than 99% UV rays and has an SPF of 285+.

I had the car tinted before the weather started getting warm so I don't know what the temps were like before. Now that it has been in the upper 80's, low 90's, and after leaving the car in the sun for a few hours the last couple of days, I was surprised the car wasn't baking inside. I did not check any actual temps but I'm pretty sure it made a difference and happy I went ahead and had it done.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
That stuff has impressive stats!
I'm planning a road trip next week through Nevada, so I plan to post a review on the performance of the tint and ceramic coating I just had applied to it as well. I literally drove the thing straight from the tint shop to the custom shop for the Ceramic Pro.
Sponsored