Anybody else agonizing over color choice?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks,

So that is exactly my thought about both the red and gray.... that they are too washed out and light under direct sunlight. If it weren’t for that I think i’d be happy with either color.

I am in California. Just currently visiting Vegas for a couple days.
I had the same concern with RR until I had seen it in person. When in the sunlight the RED really stands out. I like the Infinite Blue too but it's was not available on the FE and Grabber was just too loud for my old school color pallet. I have now a White leaf, Grey Metallic Wrangler and Blue Grand Cherokee Limited, so I figured RR was a good fit. I never had a RED car ever, figured now was a good time, I liked seeing RED on sports cars. AM I CRAZY? :)
Sponsored

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance on this, but is that much of a big deal or expense to just take your car to a shop and have it painted any color you wish? I've never done it before, so I have no idea. Clearly, more options at launch would have been awesome, but if it's not that expensive, go get whatever color is your "dream color" (someone mentioned grabber lime for example :rolleyes:).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
After a quick search online I found that Magnetic gray is at least two shades darker (or more) than Carbonized Gray. WHY did Ford have to change a good thing???:eek:o_O
Probably more similar to the Dark Matter Gray coming in the GT.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance on this, but is that much of a big deal or expense to just take your car to a shop and have it painted any color you wish? I've never done it before, so I have no idea. Clearly, more options at launch would have been awesome, but if it's not that expensive, go get whatever color is your "dream color" (someone mentioned grabber lime for example :rolleyes:).
Or the modern approach -- a full body wrap like this one:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody else agonizing over color choice? wrapped-blue-Premium-NY

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
To get back to the original title of this thread: I would venture to guess that everyone here has debated and had second thoughts about their color choices. Some have switched colors after ordering. Some have switched back again. Some have even made color changes after their build was scheduled.

Yeah. We feel your pain.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Or the modern approach -- a full body wrap like this one:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody else agonizing over color choice? wrapped-blue-Premium-NY
Whoa...who wrapped one already?!?
Honestly, with the lame standard colors Ford has given us, I wouldn't be against a wrap.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have to ask this rhetorical question in all caps...WHYYYYYY?!?
Because they liked it when Ford did the same thing in London for the reveal?

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
I saw the MachE at the Milwaukee car show and fell in love with Space White. But... the lighting was terrible so I thought it was whiter than the palest grey it seems to be. So I've been bugging my dealer since I placed my reservation in February to "show me the colors...." As time is going on, I'm so thankful the forum has sections for each of the colors where we can see pics of MachEs. With the latest post in the Space White forum, I'm even more sold on it, since it seems to have a chameleon quality while still being a striking visual. Meant to be.... And no unicorn jokes, please!

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It's not a realistic option. Aftermarket paint is rarely of decent quality, and to get a truly OEM quality paint, you'd have to strip the car down back to body in white, same with a wrap, otherwise you end up with this:

Ford wrapped a Mach-E into "Grabber Blue" for UK media events, but look at this still from Fully Charged's review of Robert getting out of the "Grabber Blue" Mach-E - the door jamb is white.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody else agonizing over color choice? 1609944304797

That's what's not practical about the "just repaint it" solution for a brand new car.

I would never be able to look past those details, and it's just not affordable to have it wrapped/painted *completely* so that there will never be a situation where you can tell the original color.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
It's not a realistic option. Aftermarket paint is rarely of decent quality, and to get a truly OEM quality paint, you'd have to strip the car down back to body in white, same with a wrap, otherwise you end up with this:

Ford wrapped a Mach-E into "Grabber Blue" for UK media events, but look at this still from Fully Charged's review of Robert getting out of the "Grabber Blue" Mach-E - the door jamb is white.

That's what's not practical about the "just repaint it" solution for a brand new car.

I would never be able to look past those details, and it's just not affordable to have it wrapped/painted *completely* so that there will never be a situation where you can tell the original color.
Eh, the white jamb doesn’t bother me that much. Two-tone car!

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

It just seems odd to me that in 2021 you can't get a quality paint job - even OEM paint. Weird.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Eh, the white jamb doesn’t bother me that much. Two-tone car!
Those sorts of imperfections would drive me absolutely up the wall. I couldn't handle it. I need factory paint or nothing, which is why I wish they'd offer more interesting colors, even if there's a premium for them. I'd pay far more than the $400 they want for the red if I could get the Grabber Yellow from the gas Mustang on a Premium Mach-E painted at the factory.