Anybody else agonizing over color choice?

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
I agonized over my choice for 9 months after the reservation placed at reveal. I became at peace when I could see it on other cars. Then came Cyber Orange on the GT. I no longer regret my color choice, I simply wish the options from Ford would stop changing.
I gotta be honest, I kinda love the cyber orange. I think I might get tired of it eventually...but it’s pretty awesome :)
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I gotta be honest, I kinda love the cyber orange. I think I might get tired of it eventually...but it’s pretty awesome :)
This is why they have different colors @Liv. I’d cancel my order and never look at the MME again if my choices were CyberOrange, Grabber Blue or Rapid Red. I actually like the 587 shades of gray and white we have.

And those choices are why we can all be more or less happy with whichever flavor of Mach-e we choose.

btw, welcome aboard. :)

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
This is why they have different colors @Liv. I’d cancel my order and never look at the MME again if my choices were CyberOrange, Grabber Blue or Rapid Red. I actually like the 587 shades of gray and white we have.

And those choices are why we can all be more or less happy with whichever flavor of Mach-e we choose.

btw, welcome aboard. :)
Hahah fair point! Fortunately it's a pretty gorgeous ride no matter the color!
Thank you!!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
"Is it Carbonized Gray?” The driver smiled (after realizing I meant them no harm) and said “No it’s Magnetic Gray.”

After a quick search online I found that Magnetic gray is at least two shades darker (or more) than Carbonized Gray. WHY did Ford have to change a good thing???:eek:o_O
Here's Carbonized Gray next to Dark Matter Gray. Indoors, but it's all we've got for now.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dark-matter-gray-mach-e-club.1916/post-54308

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
I ended up picking the Infinite Blue. I didn't want another gray car, red and white don't suit me very week. As as black as my gothic soul is, the Mach-E black trim design would disappear.

If Dark Persian Green was offered, I would pick that in a heartbeat. Picture from the Escape.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody else agonizing over color choice? vehicle

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
This is happening as we speak in my garage my boys are wrapping a customer's car, not my choice of color but our MME will be wrapped. It both protects the paint underneath and allows me to play with colors and the price is right the kids labor ?

This is a beautiful color. What is it called?

RobertP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
We were initially attracted by red, but when we saw it in real it wasn't the red we hoped for. The pictures and configurator makes it 'rapid' (race) red, in real it tends towards maroon. The line between red and maroon is thin, but in my opinion a Mustang should not be maroon.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
This is happening as we speak in my garage my boys are wrapping a customer's car, not my choice of color but our MME will be wrapped. It both protects the paint underneath and allows me to play with colors and the price is right the kids labor ?

I really like that color (copper is one of my favorite colors) do you happen to know the brand of film and what that color is called?

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
This is probably the route I will ultimately go. Gray with the addition of tint and stripes.

Do you do vinyl for the stripes?
Yes, they'll be vinyl. My friend had a shop in Gilroy put stripes on his 2013 Mustang GT. I'll find out who the shop was, they did a great job.

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Yes, they'll be vinyl. My friend had a shop in Gilroy put stripes on his 2013 Mustang GT. I'll find out who the shop was, they did a great job.
When you find out let me know! I'm in San Jose, so just a short drive.

Have any photos of the 2013 GT after stripes added?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Note to self, don't allow @Kamuelaflyer in my Cyber Orange GT when I get it

Engijms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X on order
Country flag
The color choice has been my biggest challenge. I wish they would have produced more outdoor shots of all of them versus having to scour threads for months... and even then in person is really needed with paint like this. I ordered Gray, changed to IB after seeing IB. Saw red and liked it and the whites were always there too. I have no issue with shades of gray and like the bold colors too but not quite right for my situation. The good news is the car is really attractive and the paints are interesting. I never thought I'd go with blue. We'll see.
Sponsored