Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
No clue why, so I can’t say it was EV hate. I parked out in BFE, with the closest car parked near me was 4 spaces over (PG&E truck), nothing else parked out there. I came back to a gouged/scraped front bumper with no change in the cars near my car. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I had a dent in the driver's door about at the crease that was fist-sized. The paintless dent guy said it was a series of small dents. All came out fine and worth the price but ... vandalism? Hard to say. One argument for a sentry mode on a dash cam, so at least you'd know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Slowmotion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
Country flag
I had a dent in the driver's side door right about at the crease that was fist-sized. The paintless dent guy said it was a series of small dents. All came out fine and worth the price but ... vandalism? Hard to say. One argument for a sentry mode on a dash cam, so at least you'd know.
Only questions and positive comments in the first couple months for me so far.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I don't if the guy had hate in his heart, but he sure didn't like my Mach E. Back story: today I was parked at a testing facility waiting on someone to come out.......this older gentleman spots my car from the side and as he is walking toward it, he spots the pony on the front and he stops, stares at the pony for like 20 seconds, looks up at me, stares at the pony again, and then he starts shaking his head. Then he walked to his truck, looks back at my Mach E and he starts to stake his head again.
I showed my then 92-year-old father pictures of my 2021 Job 1 Mach-e just after I bought it. He asked what was under the hood, so I told him it was electric. I could see the gears turning -- he probably was thinking electric golf carts, so I told him 300 miles on one charge. His comment? "What will they think of next?" If a 92-year-old can figure it out and not have problems, so can everyone else.

Last edited:

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Around 15 months ago when my car was new, I had temporary plates and was one of only 4 Mach-es on the island — nothing to identify the car as electric. I had a Dodge Ram coal roll me while trying to speed away. Unfortunately for him, he did it right at the start of a notorious speed trap here. The opposite direction parked police officer saw the coal rolling, the speeding and “exhibitionist driving” and nabbed him. An expensive mistake on the Ram driver’s part. One of those tickets requires proof of correction plus a hefty fine. I’m not sure the Dodge Ram guy knew what the MME was tbh.

More recently I had a crazy lady tourist block me by standing behind my Mach-e while I was trying to back out of the handicapped spot at the grocery store. She started yelling about (in order):

1. The beeping hurt her ears, she was going to call the police. And,
2. “This isn’t a Mustang. You need to take those emblems off. I have a Mustang back home. This isn’t a Mustang.” I got out of the car —cane and all— and rather curtly told her to move and take her concerns about the car’s nameplate up with Bill Ford. We had an audience by the time I got out of the car.
Bad karma has a way to rebound back at you. I hate to see anyone get a ticket but when you act like a dumb**s...

Wow, someone standing behind you an yelling out you. Sounds like a crazy Karen. What is wrong with people. Too much anger and not enough love and understanding. I am talking about respect and patience, not standing around holding hands and singing kum by ya. 😀 Wow anger in in one of most beautiful places on earth and while on vacation. Have a drink, eat some spam and relax brah. 🤙

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
They don't call them Massholes for nothing... Two ice cars parked at a convenience store charging location with plenty of other (and closer) parking. They left then this guy pulled in making sure he filled up two of the four charging spots.

I just got back from a 4k mile trip and was asked by host in NH not to talk about my car at her gathering as it would not be received well. 🙄
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E? 20220919_120205

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Nothing but admiring looks and nice comments for me.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
They don't call them Massholes for nothing... Two ice cars parked at a convenience store charging location with plenty of other (and closer) parking. They left then this guy pulled in making sure he filled up two of the four charging spots.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E? 20220919_120205
They're just asking for some "key artistry" if you ask me. I'm so sorry... I tripped and my key just happened to catch my fall down the side of your teeny peen mobile... ;)

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I have gotten a little hate. You haven't really experienced hate until you spend time in a Prius. People try and run us off the road.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Got fingered while driving in Pittsburgh. I was wearing a Baltimore Ravens cap. So I figured it was a reaction to my hat, and not my MME. What do you think?
Yes, it was the cap. I am a Browns fan (yes, I know...but someone has to support them) and I would have done the same. ;)

sborsch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME; 2020 Lexus NX300 Hybrid
Occupation
I.T. Consultant
Country flag
No hate, just an ICE Mustang pulled up at a stop light and revd the engine. I rolled down my window and yelled Vroom, Vroom. The guy started laughing and gave me a thumbs up as I beat him off the line!
All of my interactions with others (in my now two months of owning my MME) have been overwhelmingly positive. I did, however, have the same experience with a young guy in a Dodge Charger HEMI and I beat him off the line … for about 1/8th of a mile and then he smoked me (or I chickened out on going too fast in a 55mph road…yep…that was it). :cool:

OP
OP
Olds442

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
maybe you got that as a driver who did something wrong?
i posted in the OP. we were putting down a 30 mph street. to elaborate i had cruise on and set for max distance. i did nothing, i drive this thing like a grandma. the "whoosh" of EV driving is long over for me, i've been driving elec for 8+ years. i don't hot rod a car i just plopped down +60k for.
No clue why, so I can’t say it was EV hate. I parked out in BFE, with the closest car parked near me was 4 spaces over (PG&E truck), nothing else parked out there. I came back to a gouged/scraped front bumper with no change in the cars near my car. 🤷‍♂️🐩
that's ev hate.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had one Black 5.0 Ice Stang run up in the inside lane slow mdown rev it up a few times and roar off. Lucky for him I had the Granddaughters in the back seat or I would have smoked him quietly. Had a few green light encounters off the line but they ended well:cool:

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
I’ve had 1 bad encounter, 2 encounters that I would classify as passive aggressive, and some dirty looks. Being in Oklahoma, I expected a little of that. What I didn’t expect was the amount of questions, thumbs up, conversations, etc. Its truly amazing how many people want to talk about the car, ask about the car, tell me how great the car looks, on and on. I’ve had the car since March, and I’d say I’ve had at least 30 people pull over when I‘ve been charging, or walk over when I’m parking.
Sponsored