Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E?

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
maybe you got that as a driver who did something wrong?
Sponsored

adamtbest

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on my Mustang Mach E Select AWD on order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So far no negative comments in person. I see a lot of people look at the car. A few interested and ask questions. I like talking about the car.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Haven't had it long, but it's my wife's car and she has had more positive comments than any car she has had before, and we have had a lot of them.

I agree with most others, more likely you did something that perceived as wrong even if you didn't actually. Like seemed to follow too close for their liking or whatever, which you may have appeared to do because the car is lower to the ground and to SUVs/Trucks, lower vehicles can seem like they are right on your bumper. I have had compact cars basically disappear to my rear view mirror when in the truck.

I imagine Tesla owners get it far worse since everyone knows what a Tesla is by manufacturer even if not by vehicle model. I would expect the Mach-E to mainly get hate from non-Mustang owners that have to tell everyone it isn't a real Mustang. I haven't yet met (although they surely exist) an actual Mustang owner that has a problem with the Mach-E. Mustangs have always been about variety, and most Mustang owners just see the Mach-E as a new variety.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Just yesterday a big Silverado tried to go in front of us and gas it to coal roll us, but he ran out of room to properly hit the gas pedal.

A little further up we pulled into the carpool lane because traffic was getting bad, and he jumped over in front of us just to gas it and properly roll the coal, and then jump back into traffic as we sped away in the carpool lane. šŸ¤”

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Just yesterday a big Silverado tried to go in front of us and gas it to coal roll us, but he ran out of room to properly hit the gas pedal.

A little further up we pulled into the carpool lane because traffic was getting bad, and he jumped over in front of us just to gas it and properly roll the coal, and then jump back into traffic as we sped away in the carpool lane. šŸ¤”
We get that sometimes in my husband's Tesla (still waiting for my MME delivery). We just laugh and shake our heads. Hubby thinks it's hilarious because it's costing them a bunch to do that. Same for when someone tries to race us... they don't realize how much that costs in gas to try to speed past that we can do for pennies when we leave them behind. And we're a lot quieter doing it! Hahaha.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
We get that sometimes in my husband's Tesla (still waiting for my MME delivery). We just laugh and shake our heads. Hubby thinks it's hilarious because it's costing them a bunch to do that. Same for when someone tries to race us... they don't realize how much that costs in gas to try to speed past that we can do for pennies when we leave them behind. And we're a lot quieter doing it! Hahaha.
Yep wife said he just spent $10 to show us what a real man he is šŸ¤£

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
No hate, just an ICE Mustang pulled up at a stop light and revd the engine. I rolled down my window and yelled Vroom, Vroom. The guy started laughing and gave me a thumbs up as I beat him off the line!
The ICE Mustangs are too predictable, every one pulls up next to me revs the engine like clockwork haha

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Comments have all been positive. I did have the one vandalism event. šŸ¤¬šŸ©

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Around 15 months ago when my car was new, I had temporary plates and was one of only 4 Mach-es on the island ā€” nothing to identify the car as electric. I had a Dodge Ram coal roll me while trying to speed away. Unfortunately for him, he did it right at the start of a notorious speed trap here. The opposite direction parked police officer saw the coal rolling, the speeding and ā€œexhibitionist drivingā€ and nabbed him. An expensive mistake on the Ram driverā€™s part. One of those tickets requires proof of correction plus a hefty fine. Iā€™m not sure the Dodge Ram guy knew what the MME was tbh.

More recently I had a crazy lady tourist block me by standing behind my Mach-e while I was trying to back out of the handicapped spot at the grocery store. She started yelling about (in order):

1. The beeping hurt her ears, she was going to call the police. And,
2. ā€œThis isnā€™t a Mustang. You need to take those emblems off. I have a Mustang back home. This isnā€™t a Mustang.ā€ I got out of the car ā€”cane and allā€” and rather curtly told her to move and take her concerns about the carā€™s nameplate up with Bill Ford. We had an audience by the time I got out of the car.

Honestly, those are the only things resembling negative reactions Iā€™ve ever received; everything else has been overwhelmingly positive, even from my Uncle with a 66 ragtop. I also had a very recent conversation at the same grocery store with a guy driving a fully restored 67 Mustang*. He liked the car. I really liked his.

* The last year a real Mustang was made. ;)

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wtf?! Iā€™d ask why but ā€¦ people are axxxxxxx.
No clue why, so I canā€™t say it was EV hate. I parked out in BFE, with the closest car parked near me was 4 spaces over (PG&E truck), nothing else parked out there. I came back to a gouged/scraped front bumper with no change in the cars near my car. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I don't if the guy had hate in his heart, but he sure didn't like my Mach E. Back story: today I was parked at a testing facility waiting on someone to come out.......this older gentleman spots my car from the side and as he is walking toward it, he spots the pony on the front and he stops, stares at the pony for like 20 seconds, looks up at me, stares at the pony again, and then he starts shaking his head. Then he walked to his truck, looks back at my Mach E and he starts to stake his head again.

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag

Iā€™m in NJ. People who donā€™t belong in the HOV lane drive there all the time and NEVER get out of the way.

Iā€™ve never gotten any negative comments just the typical ā€œI wouldnā€™t buy an EV because I donā€™t know the rangeā€. Like, Iā€™m literally telling you what to expect. None of these people are driving road trips but theyā€™re like, ā€˜if I do even though itā€™s been 10 yearsā€™. They just donā€™t understand. Then you try to educate them and then they get all mad.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag

In other words, you saw an idiot on the highway.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
And all those windmills are killing all the eagles.
Sponsored