azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
edit: how do you feel the 1PD compares between the two cars? which mode, if any, do you feel approximates the tesla's feel?
I think Unbridled 1PD (the most aggressive regen) is closest to the Model 3’s and probably not far off, but Tesla’s is a bit stronger and the 5-0 mph is far smoother and more seamless than the Mach-E.
Whisper and Engaged 1PD are ok if you can keep a consistent 3+ second cushion behind the next car or if you’re ok with just stabbing the brakes when something unexpected happens. I try to never use the brake pedal, but there are definitely situations in all modes where that’s the better and/or safer option.

In Unbridled 1PD aside from spirited driving, I generally have a “Braking score” 99-100% meaning 99-100% of possible energy is recovered with regenerative braking. Downhill stops are the main area I find the Mach-E could use a bit stronger regen to fully stop.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
i understand the MME now only comes with one key fob. i wonder if you can buy a 2nd one? 'typically' doesn't seem good enough; i'd hate to find myself out somewhere and not be able to get the car started.
Originally the MME only came with one keyfob. All cars made after July 6th, 2021, now come with 2 keyfobs. When I picked up my 2022 Premium, it came with two keyfobs.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
i understand the MME now only comes with one key fob. i wonder if you can buy a 2nd one? 'typically' doesn't seem good enough; i'd hate to find myself out somewhere and not be able to get the car started.

the tesla has never once let me down with the phone and we've never had to use the key card.

edit: how do you feel the 1PD compares between the two cars? which mode, if any, do you feel approximates the tesla's feel?
We didn't get a fob at all with the M3 and still don't have one. We had the Tesla first, so it didn't bother me that the MME only came with one fob (2021 Job 1). Ford then allowed owners to get a second fob. I believe 2021 Job 2 and after come with two fobs.

I did have to use the key card recently on the Tesla. Had to use it that entire day. I agree - the Tesla app is far and above more consistent than the MME but I am fine using the codes if needed. Although since one of the last updates, PAAK on the MME hasn't been working at all with my Android, and I'm not fine with that. Works fine with our Apple phone. I said "typically" only because it did scare me once by not allowing me to put in a passcode for a few minutes.

1PD on the Tesla has a smoother stop. I use Engaged on the MME but nothing that I have found gets it as smooth as the Tesla.

All said, I prefer driving the MME but both are fun.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
I currently own both a Dual Motor 3 purchased in 2018 and a Premium AWD Extended MME purchased at the end of September.

My initial thoughts upon purchasing are in this post

I've come to like the MME and there are a few features like the 360 camera, and auto-camera when creeping into a parking stall, that I find pretty cool - but after a couple months, when I walk into the garage I still turn to the 3 every time I drive. For me, the 3 is the clearly superior vehicle unless you need the extra room of the MME CUV form factor.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
I currently own both a Dual Motor 3 purchased in 2018 and a Premium AWD Extended MME purchased at the end of September.

My initial thoughts upon purchasing are in this post

I've come to like the MME and there are a few features like the 360 camera, and auto-camera when creeping into a parking stall, that I find pretty cool - but after a couple months, when I walk into the garage I still turn to the 3 every time I drive. For me, the 3 is the clearly superior vehicle unless you need the extra room of the MME CUV form factor.
shoot - i have the stealth performance M3 so it sounds like the MME could be a step down. the lease is ending on the M3 though so it is what it is.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
We have a MY AWD (3/31/21) and have had the MME Premium AWD for several weeks now. What I would add to what's already been said here is that I far prefer the driving experience of the MME. The steering feel is lighter and I like it's "road manners". The MY is solid but not as much fun to drive.
Sponsored