Jeffgorwitz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Is anybody else having massive charging issues using EVGO? I tried THREE different charging locations, and each one tells me there is a fault. Other cars can charge, but our good old Mach-Es cannot. Yes, I clicked activate when I got there, and then I plugged in, and it errors out.

This is ridiculous...Do you have any thoughts or advice, or should I drive the Mach e into the ocean?
Sponsored

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
Try a different vendorā€™s charger to test? Call their support number or chat to get assistance. Iā€™ve not had issues at EVGO and theyā€™re fully compatible just like any other CCS DCFC.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Your vehicle might need an OBCC software update at your dealer.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
EVGO is really not doing a good job. Honestly, I donā€™t want to charge at Tesla chargers, but it might soon be the only major player in the space in the US.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
EVGo sucks! Itā€™s not your Mach-Eā€™s fault, itā€™s their chargers.

Even on the infrequent occasions when they work, their chargers are limited to 50 kW. I usually pass on them unless I have no choice.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have had no issues with EVGO, I do use Autocharge on all my EVs. They have many new 350kw chargers in Phoenix. The old 50 kw units are being phased out, they do have some newer 100kw units at some locations.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I have had no issues with EVGO, I do use Autocharge on all my EVs. They have many new 350kw chargers in Phoenix. The old 50 kw units are being phased out, they do have some newer 100kw units at some locations.
Ditto the above. Theyā€™re more expensive than EA, but they seem to work better. Donā€™t sell emā€™ short.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Never had an issue with EVGO chargers. We have a bunch of 100 kW and a few 350 kW units. Always used Autocharge with no issues, including this morning.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Never had an issue with EVGO chargers. We have a bunch of 100 kW and a few 350 kW units. Always used Autocharge with no issues, including this morning.
Same here - EVGo in So Cal is awesome!

Always available and no waiting (unlike EA).

I have AutoCharge+ which is pure plug & charge - no need for your wallet, credit card, phone app or Ford Pass.

Love them a lot!

OTOH I have 300 kW free in my Connected Services account but haven't used it because EA is so terrible.

OP
OP

Jeffgorwitz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Thank you. Ironically enough, I called EvGO last night and they said it was down at the exact time I needed it. I said, "but others were charging," and he said, no they weren't even though it might have said so. The rest of the story includes this tid bit. The car next to me was a new Nissan Altyra or something and I asked how much longer and she said 25 minutes. It was one of the new ones that charges 150kWH an hour. So it makes sense that it wasn't working, because it shouldn't take that long to charge on a 150 KWh charger

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I switched to EVGo from EA a few weeks to a 2-3x a month plan. The EA stations are either not working or they are full.
Fortunately EVGo redid and added stations next city over. Always working and at least a slot free.

I'll use EA as the backup and pay full price of need be.
Sponsored