Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm fine with passengers filming and photographing but I think I'm going to take a new tactic whenever I realize the driver is filming with a hand-held phone. I'm going to demonstrate the effectiveness of the accelerator or brake and disappear from their screens. That'll give them something to narrate on their video.
Sponsored

Basic Cable

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E FE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I've given a quite few ICE Mustang owners mini-rides in mine (usually while at my local Walmart, so go figure). ALL of them are shocked on
  • the smoothness (there's a lot of curvy country roads in Alabama)
  • the speed (there's a lot of straight country roads in Alabama)
  • the room

75% say that they are going to get one. 100% said that they've discussed it with their Mustang buddies and that the group was torn on the idea of an electric Mustang. I enjoy being the local ambassador for EVs. Especially blowing the expectations of a slow, not so fun to drive boxy car.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Same for me. I am trying to move over to make my exit and other drivers are just pacing me. I get boxed in a lot and it's a bit un-nerving at times. Hopefully Ford can build and ship more cars soon so they can bother those people. :)
I'd be happy to take some of the load off of you here in the Valley. Can you put a good word in with Ford to get me my MME quicker??? ? ? :cool:

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Took my daughter to skating and when I was coming back to the car there was about 8 people gathered around asking my wife questions. I tried to stand back to let her enjoy the crowd but she quickly pushed to me went for a walk. They were mainly EV owners who had been waiting to see the MME (Tesla and Kia) and a V8 owner in the process of switching. All favorable responses from this group.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I have most definitely never owned a head-turner. I’ve never even owned a car that wasn’t white. Not gonna lie, now I can see the appeal.

Yes, there are many bugs. Yes, it is annoying that Ford is taking so long to even acknowledge them, let alone fix them. Yes, the public charging is unreliable. And yes, there are some extra software features I would like to have that don’t seem too difficult for Ford to implement.

But overall this thing is FUN to drive.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'm starting to think a lot of the people here have never owned a "head-turner" of a car ?
my '95 GT Convertible was a head-turner when I first got it; the '94 redesign was a major one, and between the V8 and a convertible top that was often down drew a lot of attention. including sometimes the wrong kind. ;) ?‍♀?‍♂????????

nowadays of course nobody would care ;)

COLabLover

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Anyone encounter gawkers while driving their Mach-E? It’s flattering, although a little scary when you nearly get sideswiped.
1) Guy stopped me in Starbucks to ask about it. After we got our orders I gave him a quick tour. He loved but it is getting a non EV. he's worried about taking it on trips and not finding a charge station.
2) young kid riding his bike in my neighborhood. He stopped really quickly and got out his phone. I rolled down my window and asked if he wanted me to stop so he could take pics.
3) several gawkers while driving, but so far no accidents.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I've given a quite few ICE Mustang owners mini-rides in mine (usually while at my local Walmart, so go figure). ALL of them are shocked on
  • the smoothness (there's a lot of curvy country roads in Alabama)
  • the speed (there's a lot of straight country roads in Alabama)
  • the room

75% say that they are going to get one. 100% said that they've discussed it with their Mustang buddies and that the group was torn on the idea of an electric Mustang. I enjoy being the local ambassador for EVs. Especially blowing the expectations of a slow, not so fun to drive boxy car.

I had an older gentleman who owns an ICE mustang come over while I was waiting outside the grocery store. He asked for the full tour and while I was showing the front someone else came over to see if my car was ok and if I needed help lol

MidwestElectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Maybe I am too observant but this car gets a lot of attention. Lots of people checking it out. On the road or while parked. Grown ups and younger folks as well. Novelty? Anyone else notice?

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
My wife and I were making our yearly pilgrimage to the Georgetown County Library in Pawley's Island (they have a much better e-book selection than our local Horry County Library, I know, I live an exciting life) which is about an hour's drive south of NMB and we were in the middle lane of the Carolina Bays Parkway when I noticed a car hanging back off my left quarter panel. A little bit later he pulled up beside us with his phone in landscape mode making a video of the MME. After a bit he stopped recording, lowered his phone and took off after he gave a thumbs up and a smile. :cool:
I thought the concept of e-books was so you didn't have to go to a library? Don't you just download them onto a device to read? Are you sure you weren't just looking for a reason to go on a long drive in your new pony?

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I thought the concept of e-books was so you didn't have to go to a library? Don't you just download them onto a device to read? Are you sure you weren't just looking for a reason to go on a long drive in your new pony?
This particular library won't renew you library card online and you have to renew it every year. It was a good excuse for a drive though. ?

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
This particular library won't renew you library card online and you have to renew it every year. It was a good excuse for a drive though. ?
We're on our way home from Charlotte. Charged to 100%, drove 180+ miles there and drove around for three days, had 28% left. Went to an EA station at a Walmart with 10 stations. Plug & Charge worked but a 150 kw station was only putting out 31 kw. Called customer service and she suggested one of the two 350 kw stations. P&C connected at 150 kw, settled down to about 125 and charged to 80% in about 25 minutes. BTW, at 4:00 on a Monday afternoon, we were the only car there.
Sponsored