Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Maybe I am too observant but this car gets a lot of attention. Lots of people checking it out. On the road or while parked. Grown ups and younger folks as well. Novelty? Anyone else notice?
Did a road trip from Colorado to Arkansas and got lots of “looks”. A couple driving at the same speed gave me big grins and Thumbs up.
Several people in drive thru and car wash have made comments as well.

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Pre-pandemic I used to drive my 69 mustang to different coffee shops so I could work away from the house for a bit. Every time I'd park there'd be someone coming out to take pictures. I've even started a photo album on my phone of "people taking pictures of my car".

I can't imagine the popularity of the Mach-E being as much as my classic mustang. But who knows. I also get a lot of people asking me to rev the engine, which no one will ask an EV driver to do.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Pre-pandemic I used to drive my 69 mustang to different coffee shops so I could work away from the house for a bit. Every time I'd park there'd be someone coming out to take pictures. I've even started a photo album on my phone of "people taking pictures of my car".

I can't imagine the popularity of the Mach-E being as much as my classic mustang. But who knows. I also get a lot of people asking me to rev the engine, which no one will ask an EV driver to do.
You say no one...I've had at least a half dozen give me some variation of the "hand cupped to ear trying to hear" as I went by...which to me is kind of the EV equivalent :p

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I'm starting to think a lot of the people here have never owned a "head-turner" of a car ?
There's a difference between a "head turner" (i.e. a nice convertible, a luxury coupe) and a car where strangers will actually come up to you and talk about your car. I've seen many Benz convertibles on the street and I can definitely appreciate them as a beautiful car - from a distance.

But with the Mach-E people are stopping me pretty much anywhere to ask about it. Parking lot? Check. While I'm at a red light in the middle of Manhattan? Check. Driving to whole foods? Oh definitely.

That's unreal for a car well south of $100k. Sure it's because there's so few of them on the road and for many people it's likely the first time they've ever heard of it, let alone seen it in person. But that's all part of the allure of this vehicle, and something unique about driving one in early 2021.

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
You say no one...I've had at least a half dozen give me some variation of the "hand cupped to ear trying to hear" as I went by...which to me is kind of the EV equivalent :p
Haha ok. Fair.
I’m looking forward to driving the ME. And comparing the attention it gets.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I'm starting to think a lot of the people here have never owned a "head-turner" of a car ?
I've had cars in the past that might get a comment or two over the life of the car, the the MME is no joke. Pretty much everyday leave my house I get people staring, asking me questions, or just positive feedback on the car in general. I work about half a mile from a Tesla dealership, and I get plenty of looks even from them. I can only imagine how many looks you guys with the Grabber Blue are getting, I have an Infinite Blue and this is more than enough for me.

I keep telling my wife these stories each time they happen, then I realized in all but the rarest encounter, these are all dudes giving me and my car attention, so much for the "chick magnet" ?.

Last edited:

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
This the future and you owners are in the driver's seat.
We can't stamp out "impending global catastrophe" if we're too snooty to be "salemen... uh, salespeople" for this new technology.

The Mustang, as one of America's and the world's most famous and recognizable, continuously manufactured nameplates (recognized by even its haters), we have to be prepared to be Ambassadors.
You think the Mach-E draws the looks, try being a DeLorean owner for 13 years... and that car, unlike the MME when it got boxed in by gawkers, didn't have enough power to zip by or around anything, let alone get out of its own way!!
Bwhahahaha. But it sure looked nice!

As I always said with the DeLorean, I couldn't ever be in a hurry to get somewhere because at any stop or gas station I had to be prepared and patient to put on a one-car car show!

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
This the future and you owners are in the driver's seat.
We can't stamp out "impending global catastrophe" if we're too snooty to be "salemen... uh, salespeople" for this new technology.

The Mustang, as one of America's and the world's most famous and recognizable, continuously manufactured nameplates (recognized by even its haters), we have to be prepared to be Ambassadors.
You think the Mach-E draws the looks, try being a DeLorean owner for 13 years... and that car, unlike the MME when it got boxed in by gawkers, didn't have enough power to zip by or around anything, let alone get out of its own way!!
Bwhahahaha. But it sure looked nice!

As I always said with the DeLorean, I couldn't ever be in a hurry to get somewhere because at any stop or gas station I had to be prepared and patient to put on a one-car car show!
As a first time Ford vehicle owner I wear my salesmen name badge with pride ?.

I've only see a DeLorean in the wild once in my life, it was in perfect condition. It was many years ago and I remember asking the owner if I could take a picture of his car. He said yes with a big smile. I always remember that when people do the same with my car, so I don't mind the attention or having to answer questions at all.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
There's a difference between a "head turner" (i.e. a nice convertible, a luxury coupe) and a car where strangers will actually come up to you and talk about your car. I've seen many Benz convertibles on the street and I can definitely appreciate them as a beautiful car - from a distance.

But with the Mach-E people are stopping me pretty much anywhere to ask about it. Parking lot? Check. While I'm at a red light in the middle of Manhattan? Check. Driving to whole foods? Oh definitely.

That's unreal for a car well south of $100k. Sure it's because there's so few of them on the road and for many people it's likely the first time they've ever heard of it, let alone seen it in person. But that's all part of the allure of this vehicle, and something unique about driving one in early 2021.
It's not "unreal" for a car south of $100K...
Plenty of cars below that price point that will cause a stoplight conversation. Heck, my Kia Stinger GT was a stoplight/gas station/cars and coffee/parking garage/restaurant valet conversation piece ? Looking forward to it with the Mach E, too!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe I am too observant but this car gets a lot of attention. Lots of people checking it out. On the road or while parked. Grown ups and younger folks as well. Novelty? Anyone else notice?
Almost every time I drive Marlin.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag

I did get asked to rev the car up on the way out of a carpark.
The person was even more excited when I said that would never happen.

Weapon X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
I've had a few people approach me and ask questions about the car and I'm happy to answer them. I've also had two knuckleheads nearly get into accidents while driving by as I saw one of them mouthing, "What the fuck?"

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
My favorite gawker experience was when I was with my wife, we stopped to get gas (remember this is my 69 Mustang, I dn't have my MME yet) and this guy walked out of the gas station and was walking over to his truck, then he made this really awkward curved path over to my car. We start talking, he didn't even notice my wife in the car until he bent over to look inside.

Then after we finished talking he wanted to follow me out of the gas station and back on to the highway so he could hear it rip down the highway.

My wife loves the attention the car gets cause it's always guys, so she knows when I'm on my own it'll never be a "chick magnet".

All this being said, the MME will be her car, so I'm hoping she's got enough practice with car gawkers when she's on her own :)
Sponsored