DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
By far the biggest problem I have with my MME 4X is that I cannot take her anywhere without having people stop what they're doing to stare, take pics, wave, etc, and I basically end up giving a tour of the car to complete and total strangers who just can't help but walk over and ask about her.

Lol.. ??

Basically I just wanted to start a thread where you folks can share your random encounters with the public, because I sure as hell know I'm not the only one getting this much attention lol.

I love my MME and the public does too! Great job Ford, you've really hit on something very special here, and I hope someone at Ford is reading this because whoever decided to use the Mustang brand was on this car is a freaking genius ans deserves a raise! ?

With that said here's my random encounter for the day. I took the family out for a road trip (house hunting) today. We stopped for ice cream at a popular ice cream parlor that had a 15 min lineup outside the parlor. While waiting in line my two girls (4 and 8) kept pointing out people who were starring at our car, coming over to take a closer look. One of them was a family of 4 that had sort of congregated around our car to eat their ice cream (clearly waiting for the owner to come by). They waited 15 minutes while eating around my car lol.. While they were waiting another car stopped infront of them to ask about the car thinking it was theirs, and I could hear them say.. "no no I wish.. isn't it gorgeous though?"

We eventually got served and head back to the car, where I ended up giving them a tour showing them the interior, how spacious it was despite looking so sporty etc.. and answering their questions.

It's hilarious because this happens at least half the times I take her out and my kids feel like we're "famous" lol..

So let's hear your random story!
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've started noticing the paparazzi, too.

Yesterday's parking lot encounter was a five year old and her dad. I imagine dad must've been pointing out the hot wheels and she became so entranced that he had to tug her along as I was approaching the car. (People are sometimes embarrassed when they notice they've been noticed. Haha)

Today I was briefly driving alongside an older, ICE Mustang. The driver seemed annoyed (jealous?!) and decided to throw his car out of gear and make a ton of noise.

Last edited:

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Tesla drivers seem to love it, as I've had multiple great 15-20 minute conversations talking about our BEV experiences. Overall it's gotten tons of positive comments and looks, and no "not a mustang" remarks (yet lol).

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
The first afternoon I got mine GB FE, I took it to the local In-n-Out for dinner. When I came out, a couple of 20 something guys were looking at it. We talked for a few and they thought it was a cool car. Yesterday, went to lunch with my old boss and co-worker. A couple of 50+ y.o. gentlemen we taking pictures of it. I asked if they wanted to pose with it and I’d take their pictures ?. We talked a bit, they didn’t think it should be called a Mustang, but really liked it. My old boss is thinking of putting in an order, I kind of thought that it was quite the coincidence that he just happened to see if I wanted to get lunch less than a week after I got it ? Oops, he’s been reading this site to get some info, “Hi Shawn”

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Was driving in right lane of expressway today, car pulled up in left lane and paced me for a bit, when I looked over the guy driving was making his female passenger recline her seat so he could get a better picture of my MME with his phone. I gave them a big smile, he gave me a thumbs up, she gave me a death stare. She must be a Tesla fan.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
It's incredible how much attention this car gets! People pulling out their phones to take pics, slowing down to gawk, it draws attention everywhere it goes. The studio knocked this one out of the stratosphere.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I had two just today...

First one, we stopped to grab some food on our way back from the mountains. We were about to leave when someone pulled up right next to us in the basically empty lot. Then both the front and rear windows roll done. The kid in the back is yelling, "Your car is siiiiiiick!!!!" And the dad in the front just gives a thumbs up as he looks it over.

Then on I-70 just west of Denver, someone passed us at about 70 and the passenger has his head OUT OF THE WINDOW to get a better look! It was crazy!

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Tesla drivers seem to love it, as I've had multiple great 15-20 minute conversations talking about our BEV experiences. Overall it's gotten tons of positive comments and looks, and no "not a mustang" remarks (yet lol).
Yes, they are the curious types. I've had a guy and a gal driving in their M3 beside me for 10 minutes pointing fingers in my direction and discussing something. Ford is going to eat Tesla's lunch this year.?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yes, they are the curious types. I've had a guy and a gal driving in their M3 beside me for 10 minutes pointing fingers in my direction and discussing something. Ford is going to eat Tesla's lunch this year.?
If they iron out much of the early bugs and problems they most definitely will. And I fully expect them to do so.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Was driving in right lane of expressway today, car pulled up in left lane and paced me for a bit, when I looked over the guy driving was making his female passenger recline her seat so he could get a better picture of my MME with his phone. I gave them a big smile, he gave me a thumbs up, she gave me a death stare. She must be a Tesla fan.
I've had mine for about 8 hours and I've seen this a lot. I'm driving in the right lane, and someone paces me in the left lane so they can get a better look, preventing me from passing the slowpoke in front of me.

On my way home from the delivery, I pulled to a red light and an ICE Mustang convertible pulled up along side. The two gentlemen, both probably in their late 50s were checking me out, so I rolled down the window and had a pleasant chat with them. They were less concerned about the "bastardization" of the Mustang name (they really like the look of the Mach-e!) but rather if Ford was not making ICE mustang coupes anymore.

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
When I was having my windows tinted, some younger guys were checking out the car and taking pictures. One of the kids asked me what I had under the hood. I said oh its just stock....I have an ice chest a Go bag, and some frisbee golf disks. He just looks at me like what... I said its an all electric car and opened the frunk. He had a good laugh.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
I don't have my car yet but felt this warranted a mention. My local outdoor mall (Irvine Spectrum for those who live in Orange County) has the Mach E on display. It was crazy how many people have gone up to the car to check it out. The lone Ford rep. had a hard time talking to everyone who had questions while also trying to keep the car sanitized ? I asked her if a lot of people were checking out the car and her response was "You have no idea."

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Like the rest I've gotten it as well.

My first encounter was at a charging station where a guy in a 2015 Guard Green mustang GT came up and talked to me about it for 20 minutes.

The latest story:
Today I was with a buddy outside of his work comparing the Lucid red to his Rapid red 2020 Mustang GT (hint they're identical colors). We had a local cop who knew him show up in her patrol car and started talking to us about cars. 3 different cars pulled off into this empty parking lot to stop and ask about the car briefly. One was so confused "I never thought they'd make a mustang SUV". Others knew exactly what it was and wanted a closer look. A cop car with my MME and a Mustang GT had a bunch of people just taking pics as they drove by. It was pretty entertaining.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Oh man, I cannot take the smug smile away.
Soo much attention, soo many picture requests, asking about range, frunk space, cool factor, never seen this before, etc etc.
Loving it and helps spread awareness.

The Batman theme makes it even more irresistible.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My biggest problem with my MME 4X 20210320_140826
Ford Mustang Mach-E My biggest problem with my MME 4X 20210313_174117
Ford Mustang Mach-E My biggest problem with my MME 4X 20210320_140957 (1)

Last edited: