Avoid FordPass app?!?

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I’m anxiously awaiting my FE, and I know the issues posted on the forum aren’t necessarily representative of most MME’s. But it seems almost ALL of the issues are somehow related to the app? Especially the charging issues. Would we avoid a ton of issues for now by just using the car like a car and avoid the app at all costs until these early issues are fixed? I’m fine not scheduling charging, happy to avoid pre conditioning, can skip remote starting, avoid plug and charge and just use charger apps instead, not worrying about max charge percentage for now, etc. I can tell you that MyFord Mobile app with my Fusion Energi is so slow and glitchy that it’s practically worthless.
Sponsored

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I was thinking my home charging issues could be something relating to the Ford Pass charging schedules getting corrupted. But I did do a Sync Master Reset and deleted the car from the Ford Pass app. I then tried to charge without setting up the Ford Pass app or having any home locations and it would still not charge. Now there is a chance that there is a deeper issue which the Master Reset doesn't erase. So, I can not answer your question definitively but based on my troubleshooting I am not able to fix my issue by not using the Ford Pass app.

Reactions: JSW

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
MyFordMobile for my 2017 Focus Electric and 2015 C-Max Energi has been great. Slow, but works great.

I recommend you wait until you are with your car and then download FordPass. For me, it didn't connect that first night but later the next day it started working better. After 2-3 days it was nearly functional. I still can't get access to my trips but it says that feature is coming. The charge session information is there now.....don't remember seeing that before.

I say you give it a try and see how it works for you after a few days....

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
You can set all the charging schedules at the car directly. So you really don't need the FordPass app.

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
The FordPass app is trash. I have no intent on using it going forward. It's a privacy nightmare as well.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
MyFordMobile for my 2017 Focus Electric and 2015 C-Max Energi has been great. Slow, but works great.

I recommend you wait until you are with your car and then download FordPass. For me, it didn't connect that first night but later the next day it started working better. After 2-3 days it was nearly functional. I still can't get access to my trips but it says that feature is coming. The charge session information is there now.....don't remember seeing that before.

I say you give it a try and see how it works for you after a few days....
This is exactly what I did at the dealer and it works. I don't see a lot of the problems people discuss here.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I was thinking my home charging issues could be something relating to the Ford Pass charging schedules getting corrupted. But I did do a Sync Master Reset and deleted the car from the Ford Pass app. I then tried to charge without setting up the Ford Pass app or having any home locations and it would still not charge. Now there is a chance that there is a deeper issue which the Master Reset doesn't erase. So, I can not answer your question definitively but based on my troubleshooting I am not able to fix my issue by not using the Ford Pass app.
I too did a master reset, but the car seems to remember the old delayed charge settings anyway. I still get “insufficient time to charge” prompts even though it’s fully charged to my setting of 80% (it seems to still remember the old 90% despite the reset).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I’m anxiously awaiting my FE, and I know the issues posted on the forum aren’t necessarily representative of most MME’s. But it seems almost ALL of the issues are somehow related to the app? Especially the charging issues. Would we avoid a ton of issues for now by just using the car like a car and avoid the app at all costs until these early issues are fixed? I’m fine not scheduling charging, happy to avoid pre conditioning, can skip remote starting, avoid plug and charge and just use charger apps instead, not worrying about max charge percentage for now, etc. I can tell you that MyFord Mobile app with my Fusion Energi is so slow and glitchy that it’s practically worthless.
You can and should enjoy your Mach E without depending on the FordPass App. You can try the App and now that you are aware of all the challenges with it, you can at least be walking into with very low expectations. Try to use the Fob and main screen to set up stuff and off you go.

The main FordApp page is passable for just open doors, close doors and start/stop. Anything more than that is a hit or miss. So if you dont want to worry about all the stuff - its very doable. And saves you anguish. I have turned off FordPass to be On all the time as it sucks battery. I can live without it running in the background. When I am ready to drive I will turn it on and see if it works. But thats just me. I keep trying to use it only to see all the issues with it , so that I know what I like or dont like or what I would like it to do. But I dont want to rely on it.

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If we avoid setting up FordPass altogether, could we avoid any charging issues at EA. I could care less about plug and play if that’s creating charge faults at EA.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
If we avoid setting up FordPass altogether, could we avoid any charging issues at EA. I could care less about plug and play if that’s creating charge faults at EA.
Yeah others have posted that turning off plug and charge and/or using EAs app works fine.

You will lose out on the 250 kWh for what its worth.

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah others have posted that turning off plug and charge and/or using EAs app works fine.

You will lose out on the 250 kWh for what its worth.
Yep. True. Happy to wait til it all works to use the kwh. It’s not that big a bonus really. Dependable charging on the road is more important. I will need to take this car on a few >200 one-way trips. Need range and charging.