John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Stinger GT2, 17 Vanderhall. 08 Sport Trac Adren
Occupation
Retired teacher
Country flag
I ordered another fob and was considering canceling it with update. Now I'll keep the order! Just a matter of time until it comes in.
Sponsored

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I don't have my car yet (July 3-9). However I was able to download the app this am and do the initial set up of the car without issue.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Infinate Blue
Occupation
Data Management Manager
Country flag
Unfortunately I got my brand new mach e home right as fordpass crashed. Because of that, it appears I’m infinitely stuck at “activation pending” on the app. It says my car should prompt me when I start it but it does not. I see fordpass on my mach e app screen but it doesn’t serve much use since my phone won’t link to it.

tried deleting the carseveral times but it just goes right back to pending when I add it again. Deleted the app as well and nothing. Looks like I won’t be using my phone as key
I'm in the same boat - got it home last night and it still says pending activation. I am going to try and reset it from inside the car - the manual says to do that if it does not connect. Deleting the car and re-adding did not help.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I can not log in to the ford pass app or ford.com. Anyone else having issues?
Hi all! We did have a known issue for some Members with the FordPass app and accessing certain account features. Our engineers are working on a fix. We recommend periodically attempting to load the app, or performing troubleshooting such as uninstalling/reinstalling FordPass and rebooting your phone, to see if the issue has been resolved. Thank you all for your patience with this!

TDAnthony

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER 4x
Country flag
t it home last night and it still says pending activation. I am going to try and reset it from inside the car - the manual says to do that if i
Hi all! We did have a known issue for some Members with the FordPass app and accessing certain account features. Our engineers are working on a fix. We recommend periodically attempting to load the app, or performing troubleshooting such as uninstalling/reinstalling FordPass and rebooting your phone, to see if the issue has been resolved. Thank you all for your patience with this!
Thanks for this update... I just picked up my new Mach-E last night and I am loving it, but so many features are tied into FordPass, that I feel like I am missing out. Thanks to your Engineers for working hard to resolve the issues... the Activation Pending screen on the app is just not very exciting.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
It only fixed for me when I did the following

Remove your vehicle from the app then re-add.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am able to log in today, without rebooting anything.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
You could put your phone on airlplane mode, then turn on just bluetooth, and walk up to the car to check?
This was a good time to test, because this situation also meant that the car itself was also not able to communicate with Ford. This was likely a fully offline test of PAAK.

Just turning airplane mode on your device is good to test the app side, but we didn't know if the car needed to be able to communicate as well.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My PAAK worked fine yesterday with no connection to ford. However, if it is offline for long enough it may time out eventually.

Also, if you signed out of the app or re-installed the app or anything you wouldn't be able to log back in so you would be stuck until the servers were back up. But as long as it was setup and working, just an outage doesn't appear to take down PAAK.

Basically, it should work, but there are some scenarios where it is possible that PAAK will not work. And we probably haven't discovered all those scenarios yet.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I assume you're referring to @ChasingCoral getting stuck on his trip.

Not entirely sure what would have caused that issue. I believe he was in an area with no cellular coverage at all at the time it happened. But it was also very early after the car was released and could be something that Ford has resolved.

It could have been also that the car was sitting long enough with no cellular coverage at all that it triggered some kind of locked down mode.

Or it could have been a bug with the version of FordPass that was out at the time.

Really its just speculation based on how it works, and my history working in IT.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I assume you're referring to @ChasingCoral getting stuck on his trip.

Not entirely sure what would have caused that issue. I believe he was in an area with no cellular coverage at all at the time it happened. But it was also very early after the car was released and could be something that Ford has resolved.

It could have been also that the car was sitting long enough with no cellular coverage at all that it triggered some kind of locked down mode.

Or it could have been a bug with the version of FordPass that was out at the time.

Really its just speculation based on how it works, and my history working in IT.
Yes, I just posted this above. I suspect there is a periodic security token handoff that requires cell service.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The back-up start code should be used in a situation where PaaK is malfunctioning. Anyone relying on PaaK should know what their codes are to access the vehicle and then to start it up.

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Mine still says Activation Pending. I will try resetting Ford Pass on the car and removing and re-adding my car again and see if that works. Otherwise … I am not sure, I’ll probably engage with Ford’s tech support.

Any luck for you @Burnsy8787?
Nope, it's completely broken. This seems like one of those things where I'm going to have to sit on the phone for hours to get fixed and just not worth it for me. I just won't be using phone as key ever.

TDAnthony

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER 4x
Country flag
Nope, it's completely broken. This seems like one of those things where I'm going to have to sit on the phone for hours to get fixed and just not worth it for me. I just won't be using phone as key ever.
But it is not just PaaK... it is many vehicle functions: setting charge schedules, checking charge status when the car is plugged in, using the Ford charging network with unified billing, getting FordPass Reward points assigned to your account, etc. etc. etc.

But as I mentioned above, I'm glad @Ford Motor Company is monitoring this thread and working on it.
Sponsored