Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Infinate Blue
Occupation
Data Management Manager
Country flag
Nope, it's completely broken. This seems like one of those things where I'm going to have to sit on the phone for hours to get fixed and just not worth it for me. I just won't be using phone as key ever.
Same here - still no luck. I reset all access and removed car from app and reinstalled it and it got hung up at the same place. Still shows "Activation Pending" on the app and the car still says that I have to use the Ford Pass to set up PAAK. Each one says it is waiting on the other.
Sponsored

moocrab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This whole situation is unfortunate, but give me some hope that it'll just start working once Ford figures things out on their end (I hope.)

I just bought my Mach-E yesterday and this outage has really gotten under my skin. I wasn't really that interested in using the app or PAAK because I didn't understand all of the features that it offered, but my sales agent really talked it up for days and weeks on end. Here comes yesterday and the experience driving the car and filling out the paperwork was a breeze, but then setting up the app just ruined the whole day. My sales agent, bless his heart, insisted that we get it working prior to me leaving. We spent hours adding the car, deleting the car, removing and readding the app, resetting the car and etc. I'm exhausted and this has killed some of my enthusiasm.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
PaaK only needs a bluetooth connection. It is designed with the idea that you might have parked your car in a parking deck several floors underground with no possible hope of WiFi or cellular connection and it *still* has to work.

That said... there are some nuances.

If you try to remote start/lock/unlock/etc. that DOES rely on both the phone AND the car having Internet coverage. Those commands are always relayed via the AT&T cellular radio in the car. It's a nuisance for me because my neighborhood has very poor AT&T coverage and while it can join my WiFi ... they don't take advance of the WiFi connection.

The other nuance is that I'm able to make PaaK stop responding to me approaching the car and unlocking ... the pattern I've noticed is that if I get near the car ... but don't open it ... and then walk away ... then walk closer ... then walk away ... after a few times the car stops responding to me walking up. At that point the only way I get it to respond is by using my FordPass to remote unlock (and this wakes it up and PaaK starts working again). But without an AT&T connection ... that wouldn't work). BUT ... even with all that, you still have the door unlock and start codes. As I recall the vehicle start password is ONLY available if you've set up PaaK. If you exclusively rely on the fob and never set up up PaaK then I don't think you get offered the opportunity to set a vehicle start passcode. So even if you don't want to use PaaK ... you should still set it up just to get the opportunity to create the passcode to start the car.

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Same here - still no luck. I reset all access and removed car from app and reinstalled it and it got hung up at the same place. Still shows "Activation Pending" on the app and the car still says that I have to use the Ford Pass to set up PAAK. Each one says it is waiting on the other.
Yup. Embarrassingly broken system. This is the type of stuff that sets Tesla apart from Ford. They don't cheap out on simple stuff like this. I'm 34 and would consider myself extremely tech savvy, and I can't fathom a way to make this work. I made a new email account and will try that after, but I'm guessing it will tell me my VIN is already associated with my other email (even though I deleted the car from it, since it's very clear that when you delete it, it doesn't actually remove it from your profile)

TDAnthony

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER 4x
Country flag
This whole situation is unfortunate, but give me some hope that it'll just start working once Ford figures things out on their end (I hope.)

I just bought my Mach-E yesterday and this outage has really gotten under my skin. I wasn't really that interested in using the app or PAAK because I didn't understand all of the features that it offered, but my sales agent really talked it up for days and weeks on end. Here comes yesterday and the experience driving the car and filling out the paperwork was a breeze, but then setting up the app just ruined the whole day. My sales agent, bless his heart, insisted that we get it working prior to me leaving. We spent hours adding the car, deleting the car, removing and readding the app, resetting the car and etc. I'm exhausted and this has killed some of my enthusiasm.
I am right there with you. Trying to keep positive for now. Let us know if you or your dealer hear anything or figure anything out.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you try to remote start/lock/unlock/etc. that DOES rely on both the phone AND the car having Internet coverage. Those commands are always relayed via the AT&T cellular radio in the car. It's a nuisance for me because my neighborhood has very poor AT&T coverage and while it can join my WiFi ... they don't take advance of the WiFi connection.
This isn't fully true. Yesterday, with ford servers down, ALL functions in the app worked while bluetooth is connected. If bluetooth is connected the unlock/lock/start go through blueooth. If you're disconnected it goes through cellular.

You can tell because if you're connected to bluetooth the unlock/lock/start are instant, and if you aren't connected to bluetooth there is a delay.

Jim McDaniell

First Name
James McDaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Ford pass app unable to log in. Also tried to sign in on line to Ford account. It’s also down.

kind of wonder what if I was out in grocery store?! Won’t be able to start car and get stranded!
After Ford updated the PAAK you have to reload ford pass and redo you phone as a key from scratch, just like you were doing it for the first time.

Basic Cable

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E FE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I am glad to see this, because I updated to the IOS 15 BETA, and it coincided with the outage. So for about an hour there I thought that some broken API somewhere was keeping the app from communicating back to Ford. It started working after a whole lot of packet inspection, reinstallation and general fun tasks.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So even if you don't want to use PaaK ... you should still set it up just to get the opportunity to create the passcode to start the car.
Remote start and remote charging control/info is in the Fp app and paak and it does not exist anywhere else. If you live in colder temperatures I do not see anyone not installing paak (remote start) as that would be a huge loss.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Still can’t login, FordPass 3.24.0 on iOS.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I was able to login this morning and PAAK seems fine. Weird that some folks are still shut out. I’m also annoyed that my John Candy meme didn’t get more likes but you can’t win em all I suppose.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yup. Embarrassingly broken system. This is the type of stuff that sets Tesla apart from Ford. They don't cheap out on simple stuff like this. I'm 34 and would consider myself extremely tech savvy, and I can't fathom a way to make this work. I made a new email account and will try that after, but I'm guessing it will tell me my VIN is already associated with my other email (even though I deleted the car from it, since it's very clear that when you delete it, it doesn't actually remove it from your profile)
In the vehicle settings, there is an option to delete all existing PaaK keys. I know you are saying you never got to the point where it was successfully set up to begin with, but you may have to reset PaaK by clearing this setting before proceeding, assuming you have not yet tried this.

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
In the vehicle settings, there is an option to delete all existing PaaK keys. I know you are saying you never got to the point where it was successfully set up to begin with, but you may have to reset PaaK by clearing this setting before proceeding, assuming you have not yet tried this.
doesn’t exist. After making a new email and adding the car to that, it still didn’t work so I removed it, uninstalled, reinstalled, used original email, and it finally let me “activate”. Guess what though? Activate phone as key doesn’t exist as an option anymore. I watch the tutorial and it shows it right under remote start… but not on my phone
Sponsored