JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
My dealership is pretty useless, it's been there again since Thursday morning and no update. I told them the APIM issue, and of course they said they had Ford protocols to follow. Honestly I think they have no idea and this is what the future will be. I'm driving my 2014 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 this weekend on our family trip to Franklin TN. 122k miles, hauling 6 people easily. I'm not selling this truck for the foreseeable future.
Sponsored

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
10 to 1 odds you need the APIM replaced.
Hey, are you having any issues with connected navigation services not working after the APIM change? I no longer have weather or traffic or live charger status available in the navigation app despite connected navigation showing active and enabled.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Hey, are you having any issues with connected navigation services not working after the APIM change? I no longer have weather or traffic or live charger status available in the navigation app despite connected navigation showing active and enabled.
I haven’t traveled anywhere that would require connected navigation since the replacement. I’ll report back once I get a chance to use it.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I haven’t traveled anywhere that would require connected navigation since the replacement. I’ll report back once I get a chance to use it.
You can see if it works by opening the navigation app, then the settings button on the lower left, then weather. If you get a weather forecast properly loaded your connected nav most likely works.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Still in service, I've been elevated to shop foreman and service manager. They replaced rear camera and no think a module sw is needing update.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You can see if it works by opening the navigation app, then the settings button on the lower left, then weather. If you get a weather forecast properly loaded your connected nav most likely works.
Weather's a good way to test. A bunch of other things fall into the connected navigation umbrella, too. You may notice no traffic color shading, lack of road closures, can't see public charge station availability, and dynamic parking (helps find paid public lot spaces) is unavailable.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I just saw this issue for the first time the other day. I had left the car in a store parking lot for a few minutes. When I started the car, the screen was blank. Never saw that before but I had seen this post. It only lasted for about a minute then it restarted and has worked fine since. Seemed like it had some sort of crash and automatic reboot.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Checked this morning. Connected nav is working fine.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
1 week later I have my MME back, will see if the screen blanking / resetting happens. The phone call is still messed up,basically 1st call, sent or received has to be stopped and redialed to hear the person. OTA updates are shut off, I see no improvements that have made my experience better only more aggravating.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Blank and rebooting screen is back. There is no point in even trying to get these OTA software issues fixed

robs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
CTO, Software dev.
Country flag
Well this is ridiculous, my center screen now consistently is blank and locked up every morning or after sitting for a day at work. Reset has to be done 2-3 times and while all this nonsense goes on the HVAC controls are locked. Also the walk away locks isn't working either.

Have a June 15 appointment, earliest possible, and am less then confirmed Woody Anderson in Huntsville will be able to do anything.

Seems all the OTA updates have been happening. Anyone else have a consistent issues like these?

@Ford Motor Company ever since about 2 software upates ago, this started happening to me. Seriously, I have a blank screen more often than it working. I'd say about 60% of the time it's a blank screen. 5% of the time it's a frozen screen. 45% of the time it works. It usually takes 2 to 3 reboots of the center console for it to finally work.
-The dealer looked at it before. It's a software issue not a hardware issue. They can't do anything.
-Yes I've factory reset and I'm not doing it again. Nothing is more annoying.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Blank and rebooting screen is back. There is no point in even trying to get these OTA software issues fixed
They didn't replace the APIM, did they? It's not a SW bug, it's a HW problem.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
They did not, I gave up. I told them and got no where

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Sorry to hear, this was actually the last straw with my 2021 MME that drove my Lightning upgrade last Friday. OTA are disabled on my Lightning now, I'm convinced this was the driver as until this year of mass OTAs it was working perfectly.
Sponsored