Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I'm jumping on this thread late, but like others have said, I don't see the incremental benefit to BlueCruise over adaptive cruise control with lane centering. I was expecting more. For $600.00, I'll just keep my hands on the wheel -- where they belong.
I would agree with you - if the hand nanny wasn’t so sensitive. As things stand, I can’t merely rest my hand on the bottom of the wheel while using cruise control without getting nagged. So $600 hands free it is. It was either that or using the ankle weight trick but I can afford to skip that bandaid approach.

And now we can all look like this guy! Look at that posture!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise Hands-Free Driving Reviews Are In! 1628465772116
Sponsored

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
I believe it will be great to feel more comfortable when using the display to go through the menus, and to get the pesky lid off the coffee you just got prior to getting on the expressway.

I was contacted by Ford about getting it early and I'm hoping it is here in the next couple of weeks. I plan a trip of some several hundred miles to the upper peninsula of Michigan and I see most of the highways are blue ones even through Canada (COVID test required).
Most of the highways? The only expressway in da UP is I-75 for like 50 miles. Will BC work on non-expressway major highways?

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
You do realize that you have to be prepared to resume control of the vehicle at any time? I’m not sure how anyone would be able to do that with a regular-sized American hamburger, let alone a “big” one. Additionally, I wouldn’t want all of the grease, sauces and other miscellaneous goop dripping all over the interior of my car ?
We've been doing this for years, in manual transmission, manual steering, no cruise control cars for years.
Also, pro-tip to people who eat and drive, keep a small plastic tray in your backseat. Pull it out at rhe drive through Life changing to have a little table in your lap while eat/driving.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Also, pro-tip to people who eat and drive, keep a small plastic tray in your backseat. Pull it out at rhe drive through Life changing to have a little table in your lap while eat/driving.
This is great content, and I am here for it.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
We've been doing this for years, in manual transmission, manual steering, no cruise control cars for years.
Not in my space grey interior! I don’t want it to become a Jackson Pollack of MacDonald’s Fries, Chik-Fil-A crumbs, Burger King sauces, Taco Bell droppings, and god only knows what oozing out of Chipotle “burritos”.

Arjaan

First Name
Arjaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf 40, Fiat Barchetta
Country flag
Ive been reading al the articles, but I get the impression it is US and Canada only. No support for Europa I guess.. It all depends on if a road is "certified" for bluecruise and any map I've seen is from the US and Canada. Does somebody has information claiming something else?
Makes you wonder if all those numbers and percentages they mention about vehicles sold with the hardware available for bluecruise is also US only, or worldwide.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Ive been reading al the articles, but I get the impression it is US and Canada only. No support for Europa I guess.. It all depends on if a road is "certified" for bluecruise and any map I've seen is from the US and Canada. Does somebody has information claiming something else?
Makes you wonder if all those numbers and percentages they mention about vehicles sold with the hardware available for bluecruise is also US only, or worldwide.
Everything I've seen discusses US/Southern Canada, with no mention of plans for any other regions.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I have a Honda. And I can tell you that even the base version lane keeping built into the Mach-E is far better than what Honda is offering. For me, it is a huge improvement. For my wife, who loves driving and views driver automation as a dangerous distraction it is an annoyance.
Agree with efisher. I have two Honda's, both with ACC. My MMe ACC with lane centering is better. Once BlueCruise comes out, Ford leaps further ahead.

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
The blue cruise driving does need some adjustments. I used it within a week of an update on freeway 270 outside of Columbus. Cons... your hands need to be positioned at top of steering wheel or your alerted otherwise. I like the freedom of moving my hands and arms in different positions on the steering wheel for fatigue reasons, especially on longer commutes. Curves is another issue for sure in adjusting your speed. You need to watch for others who can't stay in their lanes, car doesn't adjust for this or does it? Pros... like it adjusts speed for upcoming traffic, also kept the assured distance for you. I used it after leaving a restaurant one evening and momma took me home safely! Like the feature a lot. It does the driving for you, but you still have to be attentive.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The blue cruise driving does need some adjustments. I used it within a week of an update on freeway 270 outside of Columbus. Cons... your hands need to be positioned at top of steering wheel or your alerted otherwise. I like the freedom of moving my hands and arms in different positions on the steering wheel for fatigue reasons, especially on longer commutes. Curves is another issue for sure in adjusting your speed. You need to watch for others who can't stay in their lanes, car doesn't adjust for this or does it? Pros... like it adjusts speed for upcoming traffic, also kept the assured distance for you. I used it after leaving a restaurant one evening and momma took me home safely! Like the feature a lot. It does the driving for you, but you still have to be attentive.
Ummm…. I think you are talking about CoPilot360. Or I did until you started talking about it driving you home safely. I dunno what going on here.

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
Ummm…. I think you are talking about CoPilot360. Or I did until you started talking about it driving you home safely. I dunno what going on here.
Hmmmm. Maybe. From what I'm reading, whats all the difference between the enhancements? They all sound similar in driving experiences. The features accesible in my white pony drove home to its stable!

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Your hands don't need to be on the top--they can be anywhere on the steering wheel. There is a torque sensor to determine if you're hodling the wheel; not a position sensor.

I frequently use the full auto cruise control holding the wheel at the bottom without a complaint from the car.

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
Your hands don't need to be on the top--they can be anywhere on the steering wheel. There is a torque sensor to determine if you're hodling the wheel; not a position sensor.

I frequently use the full auto cruise control holding the wheel at the bottom without a complaint from the car.
Sponsored