First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Called Ford Customer Support just now. It's not activated fully. The support rep looked at my VIN account and said I should receive an email in March offering me 1 year free full hands free Blue Cruise. Once I accept the offer it will then be totally functional.
? I think they're confused... My Mach-E is "job 1" and will eventually get that 1 year of BlueCruise turned on. Your car is "job 2" and shipped with BlueCruise software already loaded and ready to go, prepaid for three years.

What speed limit did you set for cruise control?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nacho

Nacho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE
In 1,500 miles mostly in the mid 70's. Never over 80.
The Ford customer support rep said just this morning they had their third class on Blue Cruise so it was fresh on her mind

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The Ford customer support rep said just this morning they had their third class on Blue Cruise so it was fresh on her mind
It may be fresh on their mind, but I'd wager the wrong info is fresh on their mind.

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Speaking of blue cruise.... Is there a detailed map that actually shows the highways yet? Ford's website has said the map is coming soon....for about 6 months now.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Log into your Ford Account, then Vehicle Dashboard, and go to Connected Services and click on Manage Services (on a computer, not in the FordPass app). It should show you BlueCruise and you should be able to activate it.

Rep is wrong.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
The activation should be the issue. I received my GTPE at about the same time but I had already activated BlueCruise so I have been able to use it with no issues until yesterday. I was trying to get the IOS FordPass app to recognize that PAAK is active (even though PAAK works fine) and in the multiple resets and reactivations I lost my BlueCruise. I just went in to Connected Services again and clicked "manage" which now has BlueCruise as activation pending. Hopefully it will reactivate before my 800 mile drive tomorrow.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Just use the link I sent you and activate it. She's just plain wrong, you already paid for 3 years when you bought the car that starts from when you officially activate BlueCruise.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
are you sure your also pressing the right side "ok" button after turning on BC?
That's completely unnecessary and has no effect on its functionality. It will go away if you don't hit ok.

@Nacho ... The rep even said in March you should have received an email. The GTs didn't even exist in March which immediately means she's not well informed. Take the steps outlined by everyone else.

Ensure that you're on a Bluecruise handsfree enabled road. Even if the road doesn't have handsfree it still says "Bluecruise available" and it's very confusing.

Since I assume your location is AL. Look at this map. Does the road you're driving appear to be one in blue?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hands free BlueCruise?? Screenshot_20220211-111049

Last edited:

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
My GTPE has it activated, and it works really well on the roads that it works on :). Communication that it doesn't support the road isn't great.

No hands required on the wheel, but it complains really quickly if you "take your eyes off the road" for any length of time.

madcobra07

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Did you ever get your hands free BlueCruise to work? I was in a similar situation since I got mine for about 2 months now, and Ford finally activated it last week after several calls to Ford Connected Services.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Along the same topic of BlueCruise, did anyone notice that their is an experiation date on Bluecruise? I was setting up my Blue Oval and noticed that BlueCruise expires in about 2 years (on my 2022 MME). Does that mean I have to pay Ford for a yearly subscription, after the experiation?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Along the same topic of BlueCruise, did anyone notice that their is an experiation date on Bluecruise? I was setting up my Blue Oval and noticed that BlueCruise expires in about 2 years (on my 2022 MME). Does that mean I have to pay Ford for a yearly subscription, after the experiation?
Yes, but it remains to be seen what the price will be. Hopefully it stays at $200 annually.
Sponsored