jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
When you guys say "Hands free works" do you mean it consistently works? I am still trying to figure out why mine only works part of the time. My route to work and back, half the time I'll get the BCHF notification, half the time I won't. Yesterday, I got the notification just as I got on the highway, and then it went away before I could get in my lane and activate cruise.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did any of these tricks in the thread fix it for you? I can't even use it enough to determine if I want to pay for it in the future, it's like I get a 15 minute trial twice a week.

ddeluce

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Vapor Blue
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My hands free has never worked. It only works with hands on the wheel. Car went to the dealer today, and they cannot fix it. They are waiting for Ford to deliver a fix. They told they have quite a few Mach-E's coming in with the same problem and they are unable to fix them.

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
When you guys say "Hands free works" do you mean it consistently works? I am still trying to figure out why mine only works part of the time. My route to work and back, half the time I'll get the BCHF notification, half the time I won't. Yesterday, I got the notification just as I got on the highway, and then it went away before I could get in my lane and activate cruise.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did any of these tricks in the thread fix it for you? I can't even use it enough to determine if I want to pay for it in the future, it's like I get a 15 minute trial twice a week.
Hi, mine has worked since last week when I finally did the fuse pull trick. However, I too have noticed it sometimes allowing full hands free and sometimes not on the same stretch of interstate. I think it's due to one or more combinations of lighting, weather, and maybe even traffic. I think speed too could be a factor. Here is the biggest factor, if its dawn or dusk or its a very bright (i.e., contrasty) day throwing shadows all over the road it makes it harder for the computer to distinguish the lines. Here is the way I look at it. if it's a little tougher for me to make out the lines and I have to rationalize to understand its a shadow or low contrast making it harder for me, then I know it's gotta be hard for a computer that still can't infer like we humans can. For now, we are still in the lead over computers. 😁

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
My hands free has never worked. It only works with hands on the wheel. Car went to the dealer today, and they cannot fix it. They are waiting for Ford to deliver a fix. They told they have quite a few Mach-E's coming in with the same problem and they are unable to fix them.
Well I was one of the ones all lined up for an appointment to fix too until I did the fuse pull trick. I hope most of the ones with problems will be solved by getting a final OTA update.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
It keeps telling me no updates are available. I know I have the feature that will drive for you as long as you keep your hands on the wheel.
if i understand it right, the difference between hands-free bluecruise and hands-on-wheel bluecruise is the presence of an valid bluecruise map in the computer. my car came from the factory with the map already expired, and since my OTA updates are apparently not working at all, i prevailed upon the dealer to install the latest BC maps for me. after that, hands-free did work, but i've only used it once.

ddeluce

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Vapor Blue
Occupation
retired
Country flag
if i understand it right, the difference between hands-free bluecruise and hands-on-wheel bluecruise is the presence of an valid bluecruise map in the computer. my car came from the factory with the map already expired, and since my OTA updates are apparently not working at all, i prevailed upon the dealer to install the latest BC maps for me. after that, hands-free did work, but i've only used it once.
My maps are current, and dealer still could not get it to work. I also tried pulling fuse 21 prior to going to the dealer. Didn't fix it either.

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
My maps are current, and dealer still could not get it to work. I also tried pulling fuse 21 prior to going to the dealer. Didn't fix it either.
Did you also pull fuse 11. I had to do both at same time to get update.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yeah i believe it, there's lots of bugs in the software.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Magically, BCHF decided to work today. Have no idea why. Worked great.
the first time i tried it after the maps were updated, it took a couple of minutes to decided that HF was ok. i was pleasantly surprised when the display changed to HF mode.

Ice.White.Aerial

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD Mustang Mach E
Country flag
For those that go to the dealer to get the BC map updates, did the dealer charge you $? If so, how much?

I have a 2022 Premium, got it in October
my BC date in the car says “Hands-free driving mode available through 10-09-2022”
BC hands free has never worked

I’m going to the dealer next Monday to see if they can push the map update but I don’t want to be charged for it since they’re the ones that never pushed the map update in the first place.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
For those that go to the dealer to get the BC map updates, did the dealer charge you $? If so, how much?

I have a 2022 Premium, got it in October
my BC date in the car says “Hands-free driving mode available through 10-09-2022”
BC hands free has never worked

I’m going to the dealer next Monday to see if they can push the map update but I don’t want to be charged for it since they’re the ones that never pushed the map update in the first place.
I would call Ford Connected Services (866-861-0420). They’ve helped me with a couple issues.
Sponsored