Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Weird situation earlier today…

Driving along highway, BC activated normally.

Suddenly the car like panicked and started prompting and beeping to “resume control”. Couldn’t get it to realize I took control back, turning off cruise control a few times got it to chill out. Then got a warning that BC is not available. Then got a warning that the driver front camera had a fault… then BC suddenly activated again and seemed fine.

Mile or so later, came to a stop (bumper to bumper traffic). Car displayed “stopped” but then felt the car rolling a bit like it was in neutral. Then came to a stop and saw a warning that parking aid failed… then prompt that the parking brake engaged…. Then normal cruise control “press x/c to resume”
Drove manually rest of the trip.

got out of the car, came back… tried again… BC engaged a little bit, then again, “resume control” warning…adaptive cruise unavailable warning…. Then it kicked back in immediately

few hours later drove…. Like 10mi driven via BC… then “resume control”, “adaptive cruise control not available” then automatically BC kicked back in.

only thing to note is that it was rainy….?

something seems funky….
Sponsored

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
This reminds me of a joke that went around in the late '90s.

Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: “If GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.”

Jack Welsh responds: "If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, for no reason at all, your car would crash twice a day. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left-turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, and you would have to reinstall the engine. When your car died on the freeway for no reason, you would just accept this, restart and drive on."

Kind of seems like we might be there now.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Weird situation earlier today…

Driving along highway, BC activated normally.

Suddenly the car like panicked and started prompting and beeping to “resume control”. Couldn’t get it to realize I took control back, turning off cruise control a few times got it to chill out. Then got a warning that BC is not available. Then got a warning that the driver front camera had a fault… then BC suddenly activated again and seemed fine.

only thing to note is that it was rainy….?
I had this happen to me yesterday while driving; same 'resume control' with beeping that continued even when I was fully in control of the car. It was a little panic-inducing because even after braking it continued to happen. I thought I was going to have to pull over and turn the car off, but it did ultimately stop the message and beeping on its own.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I don’t know if this will help but I wipe the cameras off when it is raining because it gets blurry. I’m going to do that more often to see if it fixes the hug to the right it seems to do sometimes in blue cruise.

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I had this happen to me yesterday while driving; same 'resume control' with beeping that continued even when I was fully in control of the car. It was a little panic-inducing because even after braking it continued to happen. I thought I was going to have to pull over and turn the car off, but it did ultimately stop the message and beeping on its own.
This happened to me yesterday. The panic beeping and warning message kept on the screen for at least 5 minutes. I couldn't stop it no matter what I did. The only thing that worked was to pull over onto the shoulder and turn off the car.

FYI... it was a clear day, no rain or smog.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This reminds me of a joke that went around in the late '90s.

Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: “If GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.”

Jack Welsh responds: "If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, for no reason at all, your car would crash twice a day. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left-turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, and you would have to reinstall the engine. When your car died on the freeway for no reason, you would just accept this, restart and drive on."

Kind of seems like we might be there now.
Jack Welch is not really a good example. He was a con man, a scam artist, and a horrible leader who destroyed General Electric (and played a tiny role indirectly in the Great Recession). If the auto industry had proceeded the way General Electric under Welch did, there would be a couple of third world companies making “cars” and many billions of dollars of shareholder value would be gone.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Before blue cruise ever got released for my job 1 car i would fairly regularly have that parking aid failure when in stop and go traffic. Its absolutely terrifying when you are stopped and it suddenly starts moving on its own.
Sponsored