Build Date Overdue and No Updates

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I’ve been very fortunate with my dealer. They are really great about returning emails and love talking about things with me (apparently most of the early info they had came from me via this forum).

Even this afternoon they responded immediately to an email. The only issue is I’m not sure they are tapping into the right tool to access the status. They tell me the system only updates on Tuesday’s and Friday’s. Does that sound accurate?
The dealers get a preview every Tuesday of what will be scheduled that week, and scheduling occurs on Thursday barring some system error. It's possible that *he* only goes in on Tuesday, checks the preview report, and on Friday he checks what orders actually got scheduled on Thursday. Vehicle Visibility is updated in near real-time though for things other than new order scheduling (Thursdays).
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just wanted to provide an update to this thread since I started it.
Admitting fault requires self-awareness and humility. Thank you for being so brave. ?

I got a text from the dealer stating the vehicle was produced on Jan 6 and I got the VIN number from them.

Shipping is less of a concern for me now since I know transportation is messed up. The postal service alone is dealing with record volumes since the pandemic began.
I'm impressed that the postal service can even manage to fit a Mach-E in my mail slot. It's volume is far greater than any vinyl record that I've ever seen. I suppose the folding mirrors are helpful for this, but I'm guessing there are some other tricks to it that I haven't heard about yet.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Admitting fault requires self-awareness and humility. Thank you for being so brave. ?

I'm impressed that the postal service can even manage to fit a Mach-E in my mail slot. It's volume is far greater than any vinyl record that I've ever seen. I suppose the folding mirrors are helpful for this, but I'm guessing there are some other tricks to it that I haven't heard about yet.
Oh don’t be silly. They’ll leave you a little slip telling you to come by the branch post office and pick it up because you weren’t home to sign for it. Duh. :p

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Oh don’t be silly. They’ll leave you a little slip telling you to come by the branch post office and pick it up because you weren’t home to sign for it. Duh. :p
Is that branch office in Kansas City by any chance?

Hold up, I'll be right there!!!

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
As my dad says "it is all about leverage"

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Nice!
Your Secondary Status is "Sent to Plant" (almost certainly).
The various steps that comprise "In Production" are
  1. Sent to Plant (usually 3-10 working days)
  2. Body Shop (1-2 days)
  3. Trim Line (1 day)
  4. Produced (1 day)
Then the car needs to be Released for shipping. When that happens, the Primary Status changes again.

Hope this helps.
this helps understand the process, but is not visible on any customer facing portal I have found. 'My Order' webpage has shown 'in production' for 3 weeks now. I was hoping there would be an official email confirming 'built', and then another 'shipped'... What I am aggravated by is there has not been anything confirming date 'built'.

Greddy1

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Grabber Blue First Editio
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I work for a auto group with a ford store that I ordered my FE through. The manager there told me it was built 12/17 but since then no update. The site says not built, I have a VIN, I have a window sticker, the palsapp shows a freight bill and louisville for the last week, I've called ford customer service twice and they know nothing. I have no idea at this point where my car is or if it actually has even been built. Very frustrated

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I work for a auto group with a ford store that I ordered my FE through. The manager there told me it was built 12/17 but since then no update. The site says not built, I have a VIN, I have a window sticker, the palsapp shows a freight bill and louisville for the last week, I've called ford customer service twice and they know nothing. I have no idea at this point where my car is or if it actually has even been built. Very frustrated
Call your general manager. they have reps that can get better info.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
this helps understand the process, but is not visible on any customer facing portal I have found. 'My Order' webpage has shown 'in production' for 3 weeks now. I was hoping there would be an official email confirming 'built', and then another 'shipped'... What I am aggravated by is there has not been anything confirming date 'built'.
Yeah, unless you have access to the dealer's database you are going to have to piece it together yourself. First you need a VIN. Get it from your dealer or mine it from the data in your ford.com owner's website (assuming you got a reservation and then converted it to an order using that new system).

When you have the VIN, enter it in the tracking website shown here:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Build Date Overdue and No Updates 1610556464782

In that screen....if you see a date here, then it is built.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Build Date Overdue and No Updates 1610556569686

I have long suspected that our "My Order" webpage won't update to "Built" status until it actually is released for shipping. I think the programming is such that it activates that icon once the status changes away from "In Production".

If I was a manufacturer then I wouldn't tell my customer their product is ready until it's out the door and on a truck. Just thinking out loud a bit....

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Call your general manager. they have reps that can get better info.
The point is we should not have to 'piece things together' and ask for updates.... It is NOT difficult for the Ford IT team to trigger auto-email updates to Owners at every checkpoint along the way. They have our order number, emails.... It would take them almost zero additional effort once the email triggers are in place as a specific car order/VIN passes a milestone.... and we'd stop bugging everybody. ;)

I have made this suggestion to the [email protected] , and encourage ya'll to echo the request, and maybe they'll get the hint.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The point is we should not have to 'piece things together' and ask for updates.... It is NOT difficult for the Ford IT team to trigger auto-email updates to Owners at every checkpoint along the way. They have our order number, emails.... It would take them almost zero additional effort once the email triggers are in place as a specific car order/VIN passes a milestone.... and we'd stop bugging everybody. ;)

I have made this suggestion to the [email protected] , and encourage ya'll to echo the request, and maybe they'll get the hint.
Well, I'd have to disagree here. It would take me about a dozen paragraphs to explain some of the massive hurdles to achieve your suggested goal. There are people on here that WORK for Ford and even they don't know or have access to all the tracking systems. If you saw all the data....it would scramble your head a little bit. I'll try and get a data dump of one of my deliveries and you will see what looks like 2 or 3 hundred entries. Wading through all that info for just one vehicle is not a task that anyone wants to take on....believe me, I have tried.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

The train tracking systems used to be publicly available but many of them were moved to internal viewing only several years ago.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Well, I'd have to disagree here. It would take me about a dozen paragraphs to explain some of the massive hurdles to achieve your suggested goal. There are people on here that WORK for Ford and even they don't know or have access to all the tracking systems. If you saw all the data....it would scramble your head a little bit. I'll try and get a data dump of one of my deliveries and you will see what looks like 2 or 3 hundred entries. Wading through all that info for just one vehicle is not a task that anyone wants to take on....believe me, I have tried.
Let me couch this first by saying I have no issues with the communication from Ford or my dealer. I understand that database and tracking software is difficult and creating a consumer facing portal is difficult to wrangle together. Yes I refresh the tracking pages at least 30 times a day now hoping to see a ship date on my MachE but I can fully understand that it may have shipped and the system isn't updated yet. Or that it's just getting a tan on the lot. Just kind of comes with the territory...

That said...it's the 21st century. Apple can sell 7 million iPhones online between 7:00 and 10:00 AM the day of a product launch and all of those orders get assigned serial numbers, the customer data is linked to that order along with any additional purchases or services. They know precisely what pallet that device is sitting on and push that info to UPS or FedEx, tracking is created and I get updates telling me exactly where it is in its journey and eventually that the driver is 5 stops away. My phone arrives, I turn it on and my carrier permissions switch to that phone and is activated with my warranty service in place already.

Now there are maybe more moving parts for car building and transportation (maybe?) and no car company has anything close to resembling a smooth customer experience in this regard...but it could feasibly be possible.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm just talking about major milestones.....
when a package, or car, or anything gets passed between one team and the next... if it's recorded in a database, it can trigger an email automatically. No person has to dig around or make any extra effort once the IT get it set up; all triggered by the database itself.

Just like UPS or amazon tracking emails when you order something.
Sponsored