Can't open driver's door first

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
This has happened very sporadically to me (maybe 3-4 times over the course of 2.5 weeks). I always have both PaaK and fob on me at all times. Guess I'll have to take it to a dealer then
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have the opposite problem of the drivers door lock button not responding. I wonder if it is related.

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My similar condition. The car sensed me approaching with Fob/Paak by turning on the marker lights. But I could not unlock the driver's door by pushing the button. I had to use Unlock on the Fob/Paak and then the door button. would open the door.

I do not remembering the mirrors unfolding on approach only on unlock.

The dealer reset something yesterday and approach is doing the unlock again.

LTJOHNJ60

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had this issue as well, took to dealership and they did the following: Ran Oasis, found SSM 49676 for concern. Performed BCM software update per SSM. Performed TPMS Sensor training after programming. Cleared codes and tested for operation. All locks OK.

So far so good, everything working properly.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I took my car into the service center this morning and received a number of updates. One of them fixed my problem with the passenger doors not auto-unlocking on approach. Not sure which update it was because I received something like eight updates. I can tell you that the first OTA update did not fix it. And I haven't received the second OTA update - at least OTA - it is possible this was among the updates the dealer installed today.

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
21 MME, 65 Mustang Too Many to List!
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I went to the dealer, he took note, he saw nothing in the system.

But I made a few more test. The real problem is that the car won't unlock as I approach. And pushing the driver's door button don't unlock it either.

If I push the driver's door, I don't hear anything but clearly the car wants to open the door because if I quickly push the rear door button or the unlock button on the keybob, the door pops open each time.

Easy fix for now until I go to the dealer is to unlock the car with the button on the fob like we did back in the days in 2008 :). The driver's door button clearly works,the problem is with the unlocking.
O have the same issue. Started the day after the last OTA update. I approach the locked car, it knows I'm there, but the mirrors don't unfold and the door won't open until I uock them with the fob.

Very frustrating.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I had this issue with the front passenger door. Updating Marlin per the SSM solved it.

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
I took my car into the service center this morning and received a number of updates. One of them fixed my problem with the passenger doors not auto-unlocking on approach. Not sure which update it was because I received something like eight updates. I can tell you that the first OTA update did not fix it. And I haven't received the second OTA update - at least OTA - it is possible this was among the updates the dealer installed today.
My car doesn't auto unlock just by me walking up to it. The marker lights come on and the DRl on the front come on, but the mirror's don't unfold until I hit the button to unlock the car. That's the way it has worked since day 1. Does the Mach E have a auto unlock feature, where it unlocks just by you walking up to it? Or when you say auto unlock you mean that you shouldn't have to use the fob to unlock the car?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My car doesn't auto unlock just by me walking up to it. The marker lights come on and the DRl on the front come on, but the mirror's don't unfold until I hit the button to unlock the car. That's the way it has worked since day 1. Does the Mach E have a auto unlock feature, where it unlocks just by you walking up to it? Or when you say auto unlock you mean that you shouldn't have to use the fob to unlock the car?
What you are describing is correct. Your presence awakens the car an makes it alert but you have to activate a door opener (circle on door, button or foot wave for lift gate) for it to actually unlock and open.

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
What you are driving is correct. Your presence awakens the car an makes it alert but you have to activate a door opener (circle on door, button or foot wave for lift gate) for it to actually unlock and open.
Correct. And to be absolutely clear, the car needs to detect a fob (or possibly phone when it is working) in order to “wake up.” The pony lamps should come on at this point (as long as the fob / phone has been out of range for a while) but the mirrors will stay folded and the car will stay locked until you press a door button or “kick” the rear bumper, which should then unlock the car and open the door.

bublite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
Country flag
Looks like mine has started having the problem as well after an OTA update. If I use the keypad it opens it or it I press the button on the rear passenger door it pops both the passenger door and the driver door. Looks like I am going to have to get it into the dealer - again.

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
I had the same issue with my front door. It would only open if I opened any other door first or physically pushed the FOB unlock button. Whatever caused it happened about 2 weeks ago. It was enough of an annoyance that I brought it into Ford (instead of waiting for an update), and 30 minute later, it was all fixed.
Whatever the problem is, it's something the dealer can fix.

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I bought at Towne Ford in Redwood City, CA. I have an appt June 3rd for the BCM recode.

Gotta say, I love the car, Towne could up their game. At pick up, they had no clue about the Electrify America deal. I called about this issue and left a phone number, never got a call back. And when I did get a human, they acted like "Never heard of it before" and "nothing shows in the service database". I gave them the service bulletin number that they just added to the visit notes.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
This started happening to me last week after the latest OTA which was for the PowerUp1.4 and SecuriAlert. Since then the driver door only won't unlock with a push of the button after the car recognizes either the FOB or PAAK unless I open any of the other doors first or use the FOB or App Unlock buttons. First real issue I have had with the Mach-E. Will call the dealer tomorrow.

Thank you for this thread! Thought I was going crazy.

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
So, I had this issue, also showing up after an OTA update. Dealer service first claimed a bad drivers side antenna, confirmed I had the latest Body Control Module SW, and found the root cause was a low charge on my 12V battery! Been fine ever since!
Sponsored