Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
I went to the dealer, he took note, he saw nothing in the system.

But I made a few more test. The real problem is that the car won't unlock as I approach. And pushing the driver's door button don't unlock it either.

If I push the driver's door, I don't hear anything but clearly the car wants to open the door because if I quickly push the rear door button or the unlock button on the keybob, the door pops open each time.

Easy fix for now until I go to the dealer is to unlock the car with the button on the fob like we did back in the days in 2008 :). The driver's door button clearly works,the problem is with the unlocking.
I have the exact same problem, and it began on 3/18 (after I got an OTA update this past week). I'm convinced it has something to do with the update. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next update. In the mean time, I will use the fob to unlock the car.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I have the exact same problem, and it began on 3/18 (after I got an OTA update this past week). I'm convinced it has something to do with the update. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next update. In the mean time, I will use the fob to unlock the car.
Sounds like the front driverside antenna is not recognizing the Fob. I think thats the best explanation.

Last edited:
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - Premium
Country flag
I just started noticing this problem over the weekend. I took my car to the carwash on Saturday and when i tried to get back in the auto unlocking wasn't working.

Now I am having the same issue as the OP. When I walk up to the car with the fob on me, all the other doors unlock, and the mirrors rotate into position. But I can't unlock the front door I manually hit the button on the fob, or open another door first.

At first I thought the car washers changed some setting by accident. After searching the menus and talking to Ford's service chat I couldn't find anything to resolve that specific issue. Seems like an update went out that caused the issue. ( and it was just weird timing).

I was going to wait a few days and if it didn't resolve I will take it into the dealership. Anyone get a fix for this yet?

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How does the door open from the inside?

I mean by pulling the Handle half way. And full way.

Is the door pusher working?

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - Premium
Country flag
For me it opens just fine from the inside.

I just went out there with my phone only. Got closed to the car and pushed the Driver side circle button. It lit up and I can hear some sounds but it didn't open the door. If I pull on the handle no dice either. I then went to the back door tapped the button and it popped open just fine. Then back to the front and it opened fine.

Seems like there is a bug affecting the front door, like it recognizes the car should be unlocked but can't unlock the door.

The door works 100% fine if I manually hit the unlock button on the fob, this is just for auto unlock.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I searched but didn't find similar issue. I had my Mach-E on February 12th. Until March 5, nearly everything works great (got a few bugs and wind noise and a low windshield washer light that doesn't come off).

But since last week, the car doest seem to detect my keyfob. When I approach the car, mirror doesn't unfold, keypad doesn't light and nothing happens if I try to open the door. Even if I push unlock on the keyfob, the doors unlock but I can't still open it. There are few walkaround
- Open the trunk first
- Open the rear passenger door first
- One time (I have this on video), after several unsuccessful attempts, I push unlock on the fob and it opens the door without touching it

One weird thing that happens a few times while doing the rear passenger door walkaround is that after I tried to open my door first without succes, I go to the rear passenger door and when I push the rear button, both rear passenger and driver's door opens at the same time. I don't have it on video, I tried twice but it didn't work.

But in short, since 4 days, I can't enter the car withouth opening the trunk or another door first. I can live with a few bugs while I wait for the first OTA but not being able to enter in the car bothers me a lot. I wasn't a fan of those door handles at first, why change door handles that worked since 100 years. My fear are now real. I don't know how it will be corrected and I now think about how much that kind of trouble will cost after the warranty expires?
I'm having a similar problem but with the front passenger door:

Using either the fob or my phone (with FordPass open), I get the same results. I can approach either door on the driver’s side, the lift gate, or the rear passenger door, press the button and that door opens. However, if I approach the front passenger door with fob or phone and press the open button, it does not open the door and the circle inside the button doesn’t light up — however, I do hear some sounds in the door. If I press any other door button, Marlin wakes up, the door opener buttons light up, the doors unlock, and the front passenger door button works fine. If I wave my foot under the lift gate, Marlin wakes up and the door button lights all come on but the passenger door still won’t open until another door button has been pressed.

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - Premium
Country flag

Using either the fob or my phone (with FordPass open), I get the same results. I can approach either door on the driver’s side, the lift gate, or the rear passenger door, press the button and that door opens. However, if I approach the front passenger door with fob or phone and press the open button, it does not open the door and the circle inside the button doesn’t light up — however, I do hear some sounds in the door. If I press any other door button, Marlin wakes up, the door opener buttons light up, the doors unlock, and the front passenger door button works fine. If I wave my foot under the lift gate, Marlin wakes up and the door button lights all come on but the passenger door still won’t open until another door button has been pressed.
Sounds similar. I am taking mine into the dealership to have them chat with the Ford Technicians. I'll report back with what they say.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am having a similar problem intermittently. My alarm never went off but I had to open the back door or the trunk to get it to activate. I was in to my dealership today to get the recall done. I asked them to apply SSM 49676. So far when I approach the driver door with my FOB it recognizes it the open button lights up and I can press the button and the door opens. Since it was intermittent before I will have to wait and see. But it seems encouraging.

I thought I would add the procedure:
The dealership did the following:
1) access battery through fronk to add a charger to the battery
2) programmed the BCM to the latest level
3) cleared error codes
4) retrain TPM sensors due to lost calibration during programming
5) tested for normal operation

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

I talked with the local Field Service Engineer and he suspects this is part of SSM 49676 and will require reprogramming the Body Control Module (BCM).
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...witch-not-lighting-up.4576/page-2#post-145801

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’ll just chime in that I’m having a similar problem. For me it is the front and rear passenger doors. The car recognizes my fob or phone because the lights come on, but I can’t unlock the car by pushing the door buttons for the front or rear passenger doors.

Once the car is unlocked (by using the fob or by first opening the driver door), the passenger doors open fine.

It is WEIRD that people are experiencing the same issue but with different doors!!!

FYI - I had my BCM reprogrammed once already in an effort to hunt down the problem of my alarm occasionally going off when opening the door. I wonder if the reprogramming actually caused this issue? It used to work fine for me.

LTJOHNJ60

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I searched but didn't find similar issue. I had my Mach-E on February 12th. Until March 5, nearly everything works great (got a few bugs and wind noise and a low windshield washer light that doesn't come off).

But since last week, the car doest seem to detect my keyfob. When I approach the car, mirror doesn't unfold, keypad doesn't light and nothing happens if I try to open the door. Even if I push unlock on the keyfob, the doors unlock but I can't still open it. There are few walkaround
- Open the trunk first
- Open the rear passenger door first
- One time (I have this on video), after several unsuccessful attempts, I push unlock on the fob and it opens the door without touching it

One weird thing that happens a few times while doing the rear passenger door walkaround is that after I tried to open my door first without succes, I go to the rear passenger door and when I push the rear button, both rear passenger and driver's door opens at the same time. I don't have it on video, I tried twice but it didn't work.

But in short, since 4 days, I can't enter the car withouth opening the trunk or another door first. I can live with a few bugs while I wait for the first OTA but not being able to enter in the car bothers me a lot. I wasn't a fan of those door handles at first, why change door handles that worked since 100 years. My fear are now real. I don't know how it will be corrected and I now think about how much that kind of trouble will cost after the warranty expires?
Mine started doing exactly the same thing after about 1 week. I enter the access code on the door pillar and it unlocks and will open. Also opened the back door and they opened at the same time. If I find a fix, I will post.

OP
OP
Wildthing

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Mine started doing exactly the same thing after about 1 week. I enter the access code on the door pillar and it unlocks and will open. Also opened the back door and they opened at the same time. If I find a fix, I will post.
There is an update for that :

SSM 49676 - March 18, 2021 - 2021 Mustang Mach E - Alarm Activates When Unlocked Door Opened - Driver Door Does Not Unlock/Open - Door Activation Switch Not Lighting Up

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may experience a concern of the alarm activating when an unlocked door is opened, the driver door does not unlock/open when pressing the door activation switch, or the door activation switch not lighting up. This may be due to a software configuration in the body control module (BCM).To correct the condition, reprogram the BCM using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 15604 and applicable labor times in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

END SSM
Sponsored