Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
This was a pretty scary experience for me. I've been in wrecks that didn't bother me as much as this. 60 miles from home and suddenly zero control. I couldn't even use the emergency flashers once I stopped. If I was about 300 or so yards farther up the bridge, I would have been stuck on the road because there isn't a shoulder at the top.

I have 140 mile round trip commute and now I'm wondering if I can trust the car.
It's an interesting single point of failure for the car.

At the same time, tightening the lug so it doesn't come lose seems like a high likelihood of success.
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
The car bricked at the Audi dealer and the Mach and Cheese just in the last few weeks on the forum?

I generally don’t prefer to have a car cut out to black going 55…
what would you like them to say?

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Unfortunately, you now officially have the most bricked brick on the forum. Here’s to better times in the days ahead. 🥂

Its going to be really interesting to see how they get into the car to perform repairs!
I would not want to win this award. This situation is terrifying, I would freak the hell out.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
A58C2EF5-4838-4013-8FE6-55DED332611A.jpeg

Heres the connector. 1.8 volts on it
These 12v batteries are making me nervous. How in the world did that happen?

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Opinion/speculation: Most likely, at time of build, someone did not properly tighten the nut. It might have looked "snug", so QA signed it off (the blue mark).

Something like this happened with the gen 2 Chevy Volts. I think there may have been a recall, or at least a note to dealers to check a 12V cable ground bolt.

Last edited:

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
This is terrifying.

Imagine being in a bad neighborhood stuck outside of your flashy "I've got money" 2021 car.

Or worse ...

I drive my car up to my cabin ALOT and would be horrified to be stuck outside of my car at night in the middle of the mountains and wilderness. I wouldn't be able to even sleep in my car waiting for help.

What if your phone was stuck in the car while you are locked out of it ??? Can't call for help ?!?!!

Yep, like you reading this, I'd break the window and hop in.
Can you say horror movie🤦🏽‍♀️

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's an interesting single point of failure for the car.

At the same time, tightening the lug so it doesn't come lose seems like a high likelihood of success.
Exactly, it is electrically analagous to a broken shaft or a wheel coming off.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Guess I am tearing my frunk out again just to check that terminal. Better safe than sorry since I’ll be going for a drive up the coast to Washington in a couple of weeks. 🤪🐩
I’m sure this post made Ford’s ass pucker. I hope they will follow up in house and make sure QC is on point…. but I could be wrong. I would NOT be as calm as OP.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Still checking the 12v battery with my Innova 3721 tester. The MME should have easy access points to charge it but in this case that would not have helped. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to anybody else!!

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
I'm back up and running no thanks to Ford or 4 different tow companies. After 6 hours and no tow, I decided to have a go at it. BTW, It's a pain in the ass to remove the frunk with minimal tools on the side of the road.

The wire on the right was reading 1.9 volts on the terminal but 12.5 on the actual wire. It took about 4 full turns to tighten it up.

image0.jpeg
Whisky Tango Goddam Foxtrot.

Great differential diagnosis, @Jon

Note to self: carry a set of hand wrenches. And a flashlight. And maybe a volt-ohm meter.

Looks to me like the skills collected driving that high-mileage '74 Superbeetle back in the day may come in handy again.

4 freaking turns before it was tight???

Again, kudos to the OP for diagnosing and fixing this and for posting the whole sad saga for our benefit. If you ever find yourself slightly South-Southwest of Southeast MI, look me up and I will gladly buy you a beer or several!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car Bricked While Driving. Any Thoughts on This idiotsguide

Last edited:

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Whisky Tango Goddam Foxtrot.

Great differential diagnosis, @Jon

Note to self: carry a set of hand wrenches. And a flashlight. And maybe a volt-ohm meter.

Looks to me like the skills collected driving that high-mileage '74 Superbeetle back in the day may come in handy again.

4 freaking turns before it was tight???

Again, kudos to the OP for diagnosing and fixing this and for posting the whole sad saga for our benefit. If you ever find yourself slightly South-Southwest of Southeast MI, look me up and I will gladly buy you a beer or several!
You forgot your 12v jump pack, your 12v battery for lead jumping hidden behind the access panel, towing instructions, oh and a whole f***ing spare tire and jack kit.

Ford... Come on man. Bring us in for some q&a and feedback breakouts before you settle on your list of improvements for the inevitable refresh.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford... Come on man. Bring us in for some q&a and feedback breakouts before you settle on your list of improvements for the inevitable refresh.
That ship sailed awhile ago

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Remarkably common.
The lower ball joints on our Jeep Wrangler weren't torqued to spec and start making a clicking noise. There is a TSB on this and as soon as I mentioned the symptom the service advisor knew what the remedy was right away.

Similar with the turbos on the Super Duty trucks. Those bolts were known to come loose on some vehicles.

That stud was marked, which means the digital torque wrench illuminated green when assembled. Either the spec is too low or the stud had a burr on it and it caused the wrench to read incorrectly. Usually the tool will identify damaged threads but in this case it was missed.

It is probable that several vehicles left the factory with this issue. How many is anyone's guess.
Sponsored