Car not charging when plugged in

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
I signed up for my local power companies charging profiles initially. Realized that it was a pain charging at their times. Deleted their profiles. Went back to charge anytime.

Now it won't charge unless I unplug it and plug it back in or go to app and select resume schedule. It shows not charging if I don't with a power line icon. There is no trace of power company profiles left.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I signed up for my local power companies charging profiles initially. Realized that it was a pain charging at their times. Deleted their profiles. Went back to charge anytime.

Now it won't charge unless I unplug it and plug it back in or go to app and select resume schedule. It shows not charging if I don't with a power line icon. There is no trace of power company profiles left.

Any thoughts?
Did you try setting a charging schedule for 23 hours per day? I found in the past that 'anytime' was no time and the car wouldn't charge on the weekends for me (my anytime schedule for the utility rates was set to 24 hours per day on weekends). Changed the weekends schedule to charge 23 hours per day and have not had any issues since.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Did you try setting a charging schedule for 23 hours per day? I found in the past that 'anytime' was no time and the car wouldn't charge on the weekends for me (my anytime schedule for the utility rates was set to 24 hours per day on weekends). Changed the weekends schedule to charge 23 hours per day and have not had any issues since.
Yes, tried that. Does nothing.

Here is a picture of what it shows.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car not charging when plugged in Screenshot_20220505-212723_FordPass

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Yes, tried that. Does nothing.

Here is a picture of what it shows.

Screenshot_20220505-212723_FordPass.jpg
So what happens when you press “Resume Schedule”? Still nothing? Are you using the mobile charger? Heard people have issues with that. (amber lights, dongle not plugged in all the way).

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
So what happens when you press “Resume Schedule”? Still nothing? Are you using the mobile charger? Heard people have issues with that. (amber lights, dongle not plugged in all the way).
When I press resume schedule it works, but have to do it everytime now to get car to charge. Using chargepoint and schedule turned off.

Only thing I cn think of is delete ford app, wipe cache, delete chargepoint and start from scratch.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I would start by sitting in the car and going through the charge settings. Make sure the car (not the app) shows no schedule.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
Are you using a "smart" charger that also has a schedule that also needs to be deleted?

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Maybe try deleting charge location “home” and then reestablishing that by charging at home again?
=====================================================

That is what I had to do.

I deleted the charge schedule and the home location. Let the car charge up to 100% for two days. Then re-established the Home location and set up a new schedule. I use 10PM - 6 AM for all days of the week and charge to 90%. That fixed it.

Jim

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
So after deleting everything and nothing working figured out I had to go into ford online, Login and opt out of power company program. Even though I deleted all charging profiles from app it was controlled from the cloud.
Sponsored