Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I'm finally getting my Mach-E taken care of tomorrow. It required a call to Ford Customer Service and a case number from the BEV Team. I'll have a loaner car for at least two days and will report back when it gets resolved.
Sponsored

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
If you change the amperage on your home L2 charger to under 50A it should charge fine. I've had zero issues since I did that. Prior to that change my car would stop charging every 40 minutes or so.
I don’t suppose I can do that at the car itself? I can’t exactly change the amperage of my work chargers, which is my primary charging source.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Post Power-up 4.2.6 charging issue persists after setting the ChargePoint back to 50A. This time I stayed and watched how long it took before the charging fault occurred. It took almost exactly 2 minutes and 30 seconds multiple times in a row before the orange lights appeared on the charge port. I switched the ChargePoint back to 40A, charging resumed and completed without issue.

I wonder if anyone else having the issue can test to see how long it takes before it charge fault occurs.

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I thought I’d drop a note here and say that after waiting 8 months for my dealership to get the necessary part to fix this issue, they fixed it last week. They did it in one day, kept it overnight to charge it and confirm it was fixed. I’ve had no issues since with charging at 40a on my wallbox charger

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought I’d drop a note here and say that after waiting 8 months for my dealership to get the necessary part to fix this issue, they fixed it last week. They did it in one day, kept it overnight to charge it and confirm it was fixed. I’ve had no issues since with charging at 40a on my wallbox charger
First off, that's absurd it took that long to get a part. Second, what was the fix?

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Update on my situation...

My Mach-E was given to the dealer on Wednesday and was told a field engineer would be handling it. They gave me a loaner car and was told the repair would take two days. Just got word that they are keeping it through the weekend, and I received an email from Ford Customer Service saying that they would follow up with me on Wednesday. I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

I watched my Ford App last night and today and it showed that it was slow charging over night at what I'm assuming is 32amps.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Final Update... Ford paid for the repair under warantee and replaced the charge connector. No issues and it is currently charging just fine. They even performed the parking break recall and updated all software.

Wideguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Post Power-up 4.2.6 charging issue persists after setting the ChargePoint back to 50A. This time I stayed and watched how long it took before the charging fault occurred. It took almost exactly 2 minutes and 30 seconds multiple times in a row before the orange lights appeared on the charge port. I switched the ChargePoint back to 40A, charging resumed and completed without issue.

I wonder if anyone else having the issue can test to see how long it takes before it charge fault occurs.
Car updated 6/16 to Priority Update 23-PU0415-BLM-VIS. Still not sure if this includes 4.2.6. Since then I have had the charging sessions end prematurely on my home charger. A Charge Point 50 Flex hardwired with a 60amp breaker. Helpful folks on this forum informed me that there is a code P0E5F for my car. Overheating charge port. The 30amp system at the dealer worked fine. I will try to reduce the amperage of my home charger for now. It could be a software issue but will contact the dealer to be sure.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Car updated 6/16 to Priority Update 23-PU0415-BLM-VIS. Still not sure if this includes 4.2.6. Since then I have had the charging sessions end prematurely on my home charger. A Charge Point 50 Flex hardwired with a 60amp breaker. Helpful folks on this forum informed me that there is a code P0E5F for my car. Overheating charge port. The 30amp system at the dealer worked fine. I will try to reduce the amperage of my home charger for now. It could be a software issue but will contact the dealer to be sure.
I don't think mine was software related. The engineer confirmed it was a bad temperature sensor, and it has been working just fine since the charge coupler has been replaced.

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
This happened to my first edition. Random charging errors at 40+ amp. Worked fine on the dealers 30amp charger so they didn’t fix anything. Complained again and they found that it was overheating and replaced the charge port. I was able to lower my home charger to 32amp so the car could still be used before the fix.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This happened to my first edition. Random charging errors at 40+ amp. Worked fine on the dealers 30amp charger so they didn’t fix anything. Complained again and they found that it was overheating and replaced the charge port. I was able to lower my home charger to 32amp so the car could still be used before the fix.
Did you even check to see how long it takes before charging stopped? Mine stops at the exact same time, everytime on my ChargePoint when set to 50A (2 minutes and 30 seconds). In my case I have a hard time thinking that's related to heat. My charge port isn't even hot to the touch. I would think with a heating issue that there would be some variance in when charging stopped based on other variables (ambient temperature, temperature of the car, etc.).

stratigary

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
Did you even check to see how long it takes before charging stopped? Mine stops at the exact same time, everytime on my ChargePoint when set to 50A (2 minutes and 30 seconds). In my case I have a hard time thinking that's related to heat. My charge port isn't even hot to the touch. I would think with a heating issue that there would be some variance in when charging stopped based on other variables (ambient temperature, temperature of the car, etc.).
My charging would stop around the same time each charging session as well but it still was a fault charge port in the car. It's not so much that the charge port is actually getting hot, there's a faulty temperature sensor that is thinking it is getting too hot and shuts down the charging.

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I just had this happen for the first time ever in the 21 months of owning the car. Back on 4/2, I got the amber ring and the service vehicle soon message. Found this thread and it worked to reset and I haven't seen the amber ring or service vehicle soon message since.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ng-service-vehicle-soon-while-charging.26983/

Fast forward a couple days, after about an hour or two I keep seeing the "Plugged in not charging" message in the FP app when I am charging. I look at the car and no amber ring, Charge Point Home Flex has the blue light. In fact, there are no lights on the car charge port when I go look (I think it is because after 30 seconds it turns off) until I unplug and the ring turns white (like normal). The handle of the charger is not hot (just the usual warm as it always was). After unplugging - about an hour or so - I get the accidental unplugged email in the FP app.

I've waited over night and then try again and sometimes it works and sometimes it does the same thing. I have no clue what is causing it. No error lights or messages. We are thinking about re-setting the charge point home flex to use less amps (and slower charge) to see if that makes a difference. It is hardwired on a 60amp breaker.
I know this thread is a bit older but I just installed my charge point flex and I checked in 1.5hr after it started charging and it did th exact same thing. Just randomly stopped charging, no red ring, Charge point is blue I had to unplug and let it reset then put it back and it started up again, mine is hardwired to a 50amp so I that’s what I have amp set to. Did you ever find a resolution?

Sully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I know this thread is a bit older but I just installed my charge point flex and I checked in 1.5hr after it started charging and it did th exact same thing. Just randomly stopped charging, no red ring, Charge point is blue I had to unplug and let it reset then put it back and it started up again, mine is hardwired to a 50amp so I that’s what I have amp set to. Did you ever find a resolution?
tl;dr - No, this still isn't fixed. Waiting for software update and/or hardware fix.

I took it to service in April and they told me it was related to the SSM-51513 (which is now SSM-51783) and to wait for the software update. The original SSM was stating the update would come in June - but now it looks like it was pushed back now. I turned my charge point down to 32A from 48A and it was fine until June (see below).

You can read about that here ->

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mil-and-dtc-p2c94-stored-in-the-sobdm.29237/

My Charge Point is hardwired on a 60A breaker, but always had it set to the 50A breaker (48amp setting). It's been set to the 40A breaker (32amp setting) since April.

However, now I am seeing the same issue as others were it is derating when it charges. When charging, it is fluctuating between 7.5kWh and just about 5.5kWh. The car is going in tomorrow to verify that the charge port on the car or the temp sensor is not causing issues (or throwing codes). It sounds like this issue is either hardware, software or both.

You can read about this issue here ->

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/l2-charging-speed-recently-dropped-33.28779/

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
tl;dr - No, this still isn't fixed. Waiting for software update and/or hardware fix.

I took it to service in April and they told me it was related to the SSM-51513 (which is now SSM-51783) and to wait for the software update. The original SSM was stating the update would come in June - but now it looks like it was pushed back now. I turned my charge point down to 32A from 48A and it was fine until June (see below).

You can read about that here ->

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mil-and-dtc-p2c94-stored-in-the-sobdm.29237/

My Charge Point is hardwired on a 60A breaker, but always had it set to the 50A breaker (48amp setting). It's been set to the 40A breaker (32amp setting) since April.

However, now I am seeing the same issue as others were it is derating when it charges. When charging, it is fluctuating between 7.5kWh and just about 5.5kWh. The car is going in tomorrow to verify that the charge port on the car or the temp sensor is not causing issues (or throwing codes). It sounds like this issue is either hardware, software or both.

You can read about this issue here ->

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/l2-charging-speed-recently-dropped-33.28779/
Thank you for replying. Iam
Taking mine in on the 21st of this month so I am just reading up on possible issues. Mine is set to 50amp and and I’m getting about 9.9kw but then I check the ford app because It’s supposed to stop charging at 85% and it will just say stopped charging without notice. So if I didn’t check It it would be wt whatever it stopped at. I can click resume schedule as I did last night and then it charged without issue. I’m also having an issue with the departure time not starting. I got an alert that said my car did not charge as schedule this morning but I don’t have a morning schedule as I have TOU plan so I charge in the wee morning hours. Not sure if that’s also because the departure time or what. So I appreciate the feedback so I can better talk with tech. My current software just says priority update 23-PU0314-DCM-LAT and just a refinements according to the notes.
Sponsored