TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
DTE also requires to switch to a time-related plan to get this $500. Is it always better? It has lower off-pick, but higher pick hours rate.
House always wins...
DTE has three time-of-use plans. Two of the three cover your entire house. The one that does not requires that you install a second electric meter dedicated to EV charging.

I opted for the dedicated meter for EV charging. Since I work from home I didn't want the cost of things like AC to go up during the daytime hours.

BUT... my ChargePoint Home Flex was basically free. I bought it the week after Thanksgiving when everything was still on sale. Instead of the normal $700 price tag, the sale price was $650. The tax incentive that covers 30% of the cost of equipment would have shaved $195 off the price -- making it $455. But then I got the DTE rebate for $500 ... basically they paid me $45 to take it off their hands. :D (not really... there were so many other expenses getting the garage & house switched over that it still cost me a bundle.)
Sponsored

Mike B

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD EXT, 1969 C-10, 2019 Tahoe
Country flag
Mine shipped today from Amazon. Looks like more stock available soon.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
they don't hang around, got an email yesterday from amazon they were back in stock and sold out again.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Its back in stock right now.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
FYI anyone wanting a ChargePoint should just order one on their website rather than playing the Amazon game. Everyone I've seen gets theirs in about two weeks after ordering (event though the site says 4 weeks). I got mine in 2.5 weeks. Don't pay more than $700 either.
Same here. Got mine in a week and a half. Was not playing that amazon whack a mole while dodging low inventory mark ups.

5bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Automotive
Country flag
Been posted a few times...

First, check with your utility company to see IF they offer rebates, and if so whether they restrict what you can buy to get the rebate.

In SE Michigan, DTE provides a $500 rebate for a ChargePoint Home Flex OR a Enel X JuiceBox. Period.

A challenge on any unit is to look at availability, warranty, and track record.

Ford's charger was pulled from market at one point...
I'm with DTE . Did you go with one of the models they offered ? thx. Trying to figure out which one I should get.
Sponsored