Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Power lift gate. Memory power seats and mirrors. Folding mirrors. LED headlamps. Hands free cruise. There are probably some more.
Yes but some of these are now available in option on the Select.
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Yes but some of these are now available in option on the Select.
Some can be added. Others not. When I made my decision I added the options I wanted and found that I was better off with a Premium. But actually it didn't matter because I wanted a larger battery/faster charging rates and you can't get that with Select.

Then I looked at CA Route 1. The difference there was about $2K between it and a RWD Premium. The advantage for the Premium was a little interior spiff and the B&O sound system. Seemed reasonable but then decided on the AWD which ruled out Route 1.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Space White Premium RWD ER Purchased Today (2/12/21).
Initial impressions:
1. Acceleration is clearly better than my Bolt but not as good as the Model Y LR I test drove last week.

2. Braking was more sensitive than my Bolt and the Model Y LR.

3. Fit and Finish was about the same as my Bolt and the Model Y LR.

4. Ride seemed more truck-like (stiffer) than the Bolt and Model Y LR.

5. Road noise was slightly worse than my Bolt and Model Y LR.

6. I could hear the slight whine that others have mentioned that is not present in the Bolt or Model Y LR.

7. MME is more luxurious than the Bolt and Model Y LR but not top level quality.

8. The MME is definitely more attention-grabbing than the Bolt and Model Y LR. Of course, the MME is more feature-rich than my Bolt and on par with Model Y LR. I especially like the adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist and memory seating. I still need to explore the other features available on the MME. I do wish the MME had paddles on the steering wheel like my Bolt to augment regen. Also, I like the floor stick shift on the Bolt better than the dial on the MME and the column shift on the Model Y LR. Time will tell if the MME is worth the higher cost than my 2019 Bolt Premiere, which cost about half as much as my MME.

Reactions: ARK

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A friend who works for GM said it would come with, what GM calls, “Super Cruise”.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
5. Road noise was slightly worse than my Bolt and Model Y LR.
The Bolt and Mach-E are in such different classes that I can't see the point of comparing them. One is basic transportation and a great price and one is a fantastic ride.

As far as noise is concerned, we must live in separate universes. There is no possibility that the Bolt is quieter than the Mach-E. I mean not remotely close. I can't have a conversation using a normal voice in the Bolt after it hits about 68 MPH. No problem in the Mach-E at 80 MPH.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
The Bolt is a front wheel drive car. It's smaller and is not sporty at all. It likely has less range.

At the current MSRP they are not comparable given price and performance, though Chevrolet may offer deals to correct at least some of this.

On a feature and performance level there is no comparison ever.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The Bolt EV can do 75kW or something on regen. The problem is they cheaped out on the CCS hardware & cabling on the 2020 revision. If Chevy does the same on the 2021 refresh and EUV (they said they did in March 2020) then they're just determined to neglect that car.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Bolt and Mach-E are in such different classes that I can't see the point of comparing them. One is basic transportation and a great price and one is a fantastic ride.

As far as noise is concerned, we must live in separate universes. There is no possibility that the Bolt is quieter than the Mach-E. I mean not remotely close. I can't have a conversation using a normal voice in the Bolt after it hits about 68 MPH. No problem in the Mach-E at 80 MPH.
I agree with you that the Bolt and Mach-E are in different classes. I compared them because I have one and it was a point of reference for me. At about 65 mph I could hear a tire/road noise that I haven't heard in my Bolt. Maybe I was trying too hard to listen for noise on the MME and when driving my Bolt I have the Donna Summer turned up so loud that I don't hear the noise on my Bolt. My comparison was definitely not scientific.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I agree with you that the Bolt and Mach-E are in different classes. I compared them because I have one and it was a point of reference for me. At about 65 mph I could hear a tire/road noise that I haven't heard in my Bolt. Maybe I was trying too hard to listen for noise on the MME and when driving my Bolt I have the Donna Summer turned up so loud that I don't hear the noise on my Bolt. My comparison was definitely not scientific.
No worries. I have both as well. It's just that three things which were instantly noticeable were: (1) how easy it is to go really fast in the MME; (2) how much HP and torque it has; and (2) how much quieter it is. (Seats and room also were noticeable).

Love the Bolt BTW. It's a super well put together vehicle with some nifty features, like the camera in the rear view mirror, that the MME lacks. It's just that the MME is a beast.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
They bumped up the battery pack capacity by 10% and revised the charging profile to go from steps to a tapering curve.

Don't get me wrong, the Bolt EV is a tremendous car and was ahead of its time with the charging ability of 55kW when most CCS stations were 24-50kW back in 2016. It's just they could see where things were going by 2019 and did nothing for it when the 2020 was released.

In March 2020, GM said that they were not going to change its DC charging ability for the 2021 refresh. Hopefully that's been changed after the COVID delay.
Sponsored