Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ, 4Runner
Occupation
Ranger
Country flag
I haven't seen this discussed here but has anyone read or know how the Mach-E will behave when stopped in Drive mode and you lift off the brakes -- will it creep or will it sit neutral? Will it have a creep mode that you can enable / disable like in Teslas?

I'd personally prefer having the car creep. Because even if it didn't creep automatically, I'd still have my foot on the brakes anyway at lights to guard against some inattentive driver hitting me and pushing me into an intersection. Also like having creep to prevent car from rolling backwards on decline.

What do you guys prefer?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I haven't seen this discussed here but has anyone read or know how the Mach-E will behave when stopped in Drive mode and you lift off the brakes -- will it creep or will it sit neutral? Will it have a creep mode that you can enable / disable like in Teslas?

I'd personally prefer having the car creep. Because even if it didn't creep automatically, I'd still have my foot on the brakes anyway at lights to guard against some inattentive driver hitting me and pushing me into an intersection. Also like having creep to prevent car from rolling backwards on decline.

What do you guys prefer?
The vehicle will come with a function called auto hold. The car will stay in place if you take your foot off of the brake pedal if the car is stopped for 3 seconds or more. Even with one pedal driving. Don’t know if the auto hold can be disabled. I would prefer the car stays in place.

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Since the car will have a setting allowing you to turn on/off one pedal driving my guess would be when one pedal is off it will creep, when one pedal is on it won't creep.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
Since the car will have a setting allowing you to turn on/off one pedal driving my guess would be when one pedal is off it will creep, when one pedal is on it won't creep.
Makes sense. I think this is how it'll work too. I like the engineer's approach of something for everyone -- one pedal driving or not, creep or not.

AceSpades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang GT
Country flag

What do you guys prefer?
I think I would prefer creep as well but have to see how it feels. My concern is ramps and roads that aren't perfectly level. If you stop the car at a light or stop sign and the road isn't perfectly level the car will start to roll forward/backward once your foot is off the brake. You'd have to hold your foot on the brake so the Creep Mode on/off is irrelevant?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I think I would prefer creep as well but have to see how it feels. My concern is ramps and roads that aren't perfectly level. If you stop the car at a light or stop sign and the road isn't perfectly level the car will start to roll forward/backward once your foot is off the brake. You'd have to hold your foot on the brake so the Creep Mode on/off is irrelevant?
Once the auto hold is engaged you can remove your foot from the brake pedal. The auto hold function will not let the vehicle roll forward or backwards.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
For those of you that have your car, does it creep forward on a flat surface when you let your foot off of the brake?

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I
The vehicle will come with a function called auto hold. The car will stay in place if you take your foot off of the brake pedal if the car is stopped for 3 seconds or more. Even with one pedal driving. Don’t know if the auto hold can be disabled. I would prefer the car stays in place.
believe it can be canceled. I think i have the option and will check it later.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
For those of you that have your car, does it creep forward on a flat surface when you let your foot off of the brake?
Yes, but you have to turn off Auto Hold and 1PD.
I have tried all the various settings. I prefer turning off Auto Hold and 1PD because I like the vehicle to creep when I lift off the brake.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I have tried all the various settings. I prefer turning off Auto Hold and 1PD because I like the vehicle to creep when I lift off the brake.
Same boat here. I like the creep so I turn off auto hold and 1pd.

Recently I went thru a fast food drive thru and realized that it would be great to take my foot off the brake and keep the car still. Looked around for a physical auto hold button like most cars have and didn’t see one. Ended up putting the car in park. I debated turning on auto hold for this reason but decided against it because at stop lights I like to creep forward.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I drive almost all OPD, so no creep. I did find maneuvering around tight spots, like at the EA charge stations when I had to keep moving to try another, it was a lot easier to move around tight spaces with hold and OPD off.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I think this is what I'll do for when the kids drive it. I can only imagine someone not verifying whether it's in D or R and backing (or driving) into something like the garage.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Looked around for a physical auto hold button like most cars have and didn’t see one.
Yeah, this is another thing that's buried in menus, so it's not easy to turn it on and off on the fly. I use Auto Hold in my current car frequently, but turn it on and off when needed with a physical button. I really hope that Ford adds the ability to set custom shortcut buttons on the screen that are always there. Auto Hold and trunk open would be high on my list.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Yeah, this is another thing that's buried in menus, so it's not easy to turn it on and off on the fly. I use Auto Hold in my current car frequently, but turn it on and off when needed with a physical button. I really hope that Ford adds the ability to set custom shortcut buttons on the screen that are always there. Auto Hold and trunk open would be high on my list.
I turned auto hold off. When I pull into the garage even using the camera, I frequently was not getting as close to the staircase barrier wall - I would then try to move forward but subtly pushes on the accelerator was a little difficult - creep solves that problem - modest uphill drive way but flat garage floor - so creep helps. Just my preference.
Sponsored