Creep mode on Mach-E

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I turned auto hold off. When I pull into the garage even using the camera, I frequently was not getting as close to the staircase barrier wall - I would then try to move forward but subtly pushes on the accelerator was a little difficult - creep solves that problem - modest uphill drive way but flat garage floor - so creep helps. Just my preference.
Yeah, pulling into the garage is when I turn Auto Hold off in my current car. But it's a physical button, so it's easy to turn off when needed.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I would think creep has some use when reversing from a garage on an declining slope driveway or reversing on a decline - with auto hold and 1PD ON - the car takes some acceleration in reverse to back out smoothly in reverse. I have to turn off autohold and 1PD just for those few feet. Same with final few inches parking in the garage - if you stop short and try to finesse the few inches forward its not that easy with 1PD and autohold on. and no simple switch to turn them off on on - several screen touches.

For regular driving on the street , I have not yet found a reason to need the creep mode

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
For those of you that have your car, does it creep forward on a flat surface when you let your foot off of the brake?
The car will creep in normal mode -- meaning when it is not on One-pedal Drive. Any creep or amount you get from one pedal drive depends on how you ease off of the accelerator. I you pull off abruptly, the car will come to a quick stop. If you ease off, it can go a distance at very reduced speeds. Hope this helps.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
I test drove a Mach-E the other day. I didn't know about the Auto Hold so I don't know what it was set at but I did test turning the the 1PD on and off. I was going about 40 mph, give or take, with 1PD on and quickly took my foot all the way off the accelerator to see how quickly the vehicle would slow down and stop. FWIW, it was gradual and comfortable.

What I don't know, and perhaps others with their Mach-E can answer, with 1PD on, do the brake lights go on as soon as your foot pulls back on the accelerator or when you reach a certain speed or duration of slowing down or ... ? And do the brake lights remain on while vehicle is stopped and no foot on the brake (e.g. stopped at a stopped light)?

Just trying to understand when the brake lights go on and stay on with regards to the settings and pedals. E.g. last thing I want is to be stopped at a light with my foot off the brake and without brake lights on and person coming up from behind thinks I'm moving forward and ends up in my truck. Similarly with just slowing down with someone coming up from behind.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Creeping in my garage is the exact place I would never use it. The car creeps too fast. Feathering with 1PD is much more efficient for me (and smoother for my passengers). 1PD is not all or none, it is a continuous gradation.

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
Test drove a Model S when they first came out. Attendant was in passenger seat and I noticed a button labeled "creep". I asked what it meant, but before she could answer I blurted out "Is that where the battery charges the exterior of the car so when pan handlers approach, you do not get asked for money?"

She said "No!"

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Since the car will have a setting allowing you to turn on/off one pedal driving my guess would be when one pedal is off it will creep, when one pedal is on it won't creep.
That's not how it works. I never drive in one-pedal mode and it does not creep. I miss that. I'm a creeper, i guess.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
That's not how it works. I never drive in one-pedal mode and it does not creep. I miss that. I'm a creeper, i guess.
Go into Settings and turn off Auto-Hold (I think it's in the Driver Assistance section of settings).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Turn off Auto Hold also and it will creep.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I test drove a Mach-E the other day. I didn't know about the Auto Hold so I don't know what it was set at but I did test turning the the 1PD on and off. I was going about 40 mph, give or take, with 1PD on and quickly took my foot all the way off the accelerator to see how quickly the vehicle would slow down and stop. FWIW, it was gradual and comfortable.

What I don't know, and perhaps others with their Mach-E can answer, with 1PD on, do the brake lights go on as soon as your foot pulls back on the accelerator or when you reach a certain speed or duration of slowing down or ... ? And do the brake lights remain on while vehicle is stopped and no foot on the brake (e.g. stopped at a stopped light)?

Just trying to understand when the brake lights go on and stay on with regards to the settings and pedals. E.g. last thing I want is to be stopped at a light with my foot off the brake and without brake lights on and person coming up from behind thinks I'm moving forward and ends up in my truck. Similarly with just slowing down with someone coming up from behind.
1) What mode were you in? The deceleration is more abrupt in unbridled mode.

2) Yes, the brake lights are on whenever the car is doing any type of braking. I checked this driving in the dark this morning. Letting off the pedal to the point of feeling the dynamic braking illuminates the brake lights.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yes it is: I turn off 1-P in my Mach-E and it creeps regardless of the autohold setting.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Brake lights go on when you pull back enough to start actively slowing down. I'm sure it's tied to a a de-acceleration rate, but haven't figured out what yet. When you come to a full stop they stay on whether your foot is resting on the accelerator pedal or not. Something I like. In almost 500 miles, I've only have had to use the brake pedal a couple of times when I misjudged the regen in a particular Driving Mode or if somebody does something stupid/unexpected in front of me.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yes it is: I turn off 1-P in my Mach-E and it creeps regardless of the autohold setting.
That is interesting. My car is different. I got into the car with 1PD off and Auto Hold on and put it in D and it didn't move. ??? I had to press the accelerator to get it to move. Once I turned off Auto Hold then it will move without my foot on the accelerator pedal.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That is interesting. My car is different. I got into the car with 1PD off and Auto Hold on and put it in D and it didn't move. ??? I had to press the accelerator to get it to move. Once I turned off Auto Hold then it will move without my foot on the accelerator pedal.
Hmm When I let my wife drive it around we turned off 1-P and it was creeping...especially in reverse.

Maybe it wasn't and she just didn't noticed?? Now I have to go for a ride LOL

Edit: Ok I just took a short drive turning on/off the modes, turns out we're both right:

• 1-P mode on: No creep
  • 1-P mode off, autohold on: creep but to get it to creep after coming to a stop you have to tap the go pedal otherwise it will sit there. Tap the pedal and it will start creeping even if you take your foot off the go pedal
  • 1-P mode off, autohold off: creep if you take your foot off the brake

Last edited:

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Hmm When I let my wife drive it around we turned off 1-P and it was creeping...especially in reverse.

Maybe it wasn't and she just didn't noticed?? Now I have to go for a ride LOL

Edit: Ok I just took a short drive turning on/off the modes, turns out we're both right:

• 1-P mode on: No creep
  • 1-P mode off, autohold on: creep but to get it to creep after coming to a stop you have to tap the go pedal otherwise it will sit there. Tap the pedal and it will start creeping even if you take your foot off the go pedal
  • 1-P mode off, autohold off: creep if you take your foot off the brake
Driving modes may also play a part in this. More creep in Whisper vs Engage or Unbridled?
Sponsored