astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
Can confirm it does NOT work with CarPlay routing, which I expected. Only noticed it kick on with Ford Nav.
My hope is that we eventually can do DCFC pre conditioning via Apple Maps routing. I’m not too fond of the Ford Nav.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My hope is that we eventually can do DCFC pre conditioning via Apple Maps routing. I’m not too fond of the Ford Nav.
I don't think there's a way to tell the car from CarPlay spec that it is heading to a DCFC, but it may be possible? Mach-E is still the only vehicle that works with CarPlay EV routing, so they've got some special sauce working with Apple at the moment.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
It’s official. Why they posted this in the 4.1.2 poll, though?
2ECF0EE4-A746-4E3F-B1C1-0B6C422FB730.jpeg
Because posting it in a proper announcement or the release notes would make too much sense. Instead they let us know we'll have more "phew" and less "uh-ohs"

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It’s official. Why they posted this in the 4.1.2 poll, though?
They posted it in the 4.1.3 thread too. Now we'll have discussion about DCFC preconditioning fragmented across even more threads. But not this one that's actually about that? I know the social media team that posts from that account doesn't know much about the cars. But shouldn't they know how to properly use an Internet forum?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
They posted it in the 4.1.3 thread too. Now we'll have discussion about DCFC preconditioning fragmented across even more threads. But not this one that's actually about that? I know the social media team that posts from that account doesn't know much about the cars. But shouldn't they know how to properly use an Internet forum?
That’s why I put the screen clip in this thread!

Toy_collector

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Tesla model Y Chevy bolt
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Someone please tell me how I can tell what update I'm on. I can't find 3.6.1 or 4.1.x anywhere on the screens in my car or in the app.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Heat pumps are typically at least twice as efficient at lower temps (though can go lower), however the warmer it is they can really skyrocket up to 4x more heat per given input unit of power.

Resistance heating is always the same though, 100% efficient. Seems a bit odd, but heat pumps move heat, they don't generate it.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
So turn off the heater and use Ford navigation. Ok. Will try that.

Reactions: ckt

SFC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Someone please tell me how I can tell what update I'm on. I can't find 3.6.1 or 4.1.x anywhere on the screens in my car or in the app.

An easy way in the App:

Vehicle >> Features and Settings >> Software Updates >> Recent Changes

Click on the date it has listed below recent changes, and it should tell you what the last update that was applied is. That is your current version. The only time I would expect those could possibly differ is if you went to the dealership and had an update manually applied or manually did an update yourself. If you're just getting OTA updates, whatever is listed there should be your current version.

Toy_collector

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Tesla model Y Chevy bolt
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks. Mine just says it was applied on Nov 2, 2022 but other than that under what's in this update it is blank. Kind of mind boggling how bad Fords app and software is.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Because posting it in a proper announcement or the release notes would make too much sense. Instead they let us know we'll have more "phew" and less "uh-ohs"
Its just laughable how bad the update details are. Many of the best improvements we've received, like CarPlay EV routing, better charging >80%, and now this have gone completely unannounced in the update notes. Not to mention the disservice it is doing to the <99% of customers who aren't active forum users.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Cruise 1.2 arrives like this too. They're really missing out on some easy and much needed positive PR for the Mach-E by not doing press releases on this stuff.

Last edited:

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Its just laughable how bad the update details are. Many of the best improvements we've received, like CarPlay EV routing, better charging >80%, and now this have gone completely unannounced in the update notes.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Cruise 1.2 arrives like this too. They're really missing out on some easy and much needed positive PR for the Mach-E by not doing press releases on this stuff, not to mention doing their customers a disservice.
To be fair, wasn't carplay EV routing a carplay update?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I guess this is a step is the right direction but... damn. This is both insufficient and overly complicated.

Simple solution would be to give us a button that allows manual preconditioning when we want it. Ford blows right past that and instead gives us this automatic preconditioning based upon route planning, which is a nice idea, but starting only 20 miles to destination doesn't seem like it's gonna make a meaningful difference, and I'd prefer a manual option to Ford nav route planning.
Sponsored