Declined First Edition in Livermore Ford in Nor Calif

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Sorry, it didn't work out for you. Can you tell us why you didn't complete the purchase? It's a shame the dealer can flip it like that and add that ADM. It will give them an incentive to talk people out of the car.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry, it didn't work out for you. Can you tell us why you didn't complete the purchase? It's a shame the dealer can flip it like that and add that ADM. It will give them an incentive to talk people out of the car.
Sorry...not me.... I'm still on order for a red Prem. RWD I just got a call from them to see if I was interested in that one. I went to see it. It has 18 miles on it. I guess I was next in line on the phone tree.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I talked to the salesperson about it tonight, no test drives unless serious enough to do a credit check, noticed $5k ADM, another person on the forum mentioned they talked them down to $2k, but of course it's all part of the usual car buying shuffle now.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I talked to the salesperson about it tonight, no test drives unless serious enough to do a credit check, noticed $5k ADM, another person on the forum mentioned they talked them down to $2k, but of course it's all part of the usual car buying shuffle now.
Yea... It's a good bet they will get it. They are going through the list of current people who have one on order. I did not check if the are doing X plan, (can't see why they would not). They are not on the California Clean vehicle Assistance Program - so I'm out. I also noted the they had a $795 "scotch -guard" product. Again it should sell soon.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I believe the A/D/X-Plan program terms "prevents" them from ADM. Another member said they would not do Options through Ford either, only regular financing.

Yea... It's a good bet they will get it. They are going through the list of current people who have one on order. I did not check if the are doing X plan, (can't see why they would not). They are not on the California Clean vehicle Assistance Program - so I'm out. I also noted the they had a $795 "scotch -guard" product. Again it should sell soon.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I believe the A/D/X-Plan program terms "prevents" them from ADM. Another member said they would not do Options through Ford either, only regular financing.
It just gets worse and worst and worst.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I'm the other forum member that has been getting info on the car. I went yesterday and texted/phoned back and forth for hours today. Here are the details:

- They want $5500 ADM
- Talked them down to $2500 ADM
- They won't honor X-plan
- They won't honor any Ford incentives whether purchasing or leasing
- They won't reduce the residual value by the $7500 tax rebate credit they will receive if I decided to lease it
- Their lease offer came out so much more expensive than their financing option o_O
- They won't participate in the California Clean Fuel Rebate program
- They added a ~$400 theft deterrent system (yikes!) and a $900 door guard fee for clear plastic added to where you would grip the doors... this comes out somehow to $1400 in additions they've added to the price of the car that can't be removed...
- They WON'T DO FORD OPTIONS (sorry if I am shouting... this is why I haven't purchased the car).
- They somehow were able to offer me a 96 month financing option when I told them that I wanted lower payments (never heard of anything longer than 72 months).

The sales guy thinks they are going to sell it to someone as is without honoring any incentives and rebates. Every time I tried to bring up any known incentives or rebates he shrugged them off.

I was ready to bite the bullet at $2500 ADM and no incentives if they were ready to do the deal with Ford Options (which also should include a set APR and incentive) but he claims that his finance manager couldn't see Ford Options as an option. I've sent an email to Ford Finance but honestly the whole think just feels disappointing like a matter of "tough luck." Most likely someone will take the car with the premium markup, and I'm happy for anyone who gets it. It's such a beautiful car.

I wasn't sure I'd like the rapid red as much as the gray or white exterior color, but honestly it is insanely good looking and inspired me to try to take it home. But the more stunning quality of the car is the interior with the red stitching. I was convinced from the photos that I did not like the stitching. Boy was I wrong. The interior of the Mach E is incredibly nice. I think I was at 9/10 mentally about how much I like the car. Now I am easily at 11/10. It's a dope car and I want it yesterday :)

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I'm the other forum member that has been getting info on the car. I went yesterday and texted/phoned back and forth for hours today. Here are the details:

- They want $5500 ADM
- They won't reduce the residual value by the $7500 tax rebate credit they will receive if I decided to lease it
- Their lease offer came out so much more expensive than their financing option o_O
- They added a ~$400 theft deterrent system (yikes!) and a $900 door guard fee for clear plastic added to where you would grip the doors... this comes out somehow to $1400 in additions they've added to the price of the car that can't be removed...
- They WON'T DO FORD OPTIONS (sorry if I am shouting... this is why I haven't purchased the car).
- They somehow were able to offer me a 96 month financing option when I told them that I wanted lower payments (never heard of anything longer than 72 months).

The sales guy thinks they are going to sell it to someone as is without honoring any incentives and rebates. Every time I tried to bring up any known incentives or rebates he shrugged them off.

I was ready to bite the bullet at $2500 ADM and no incentives if they were ready to do the deal with Ford Options (which also should include a set APR and incentive) but he claims that his finance manager couldn't see Ford Options as an option. I've sent an email to Ford Finance but honestly the whole think just feels disappointing like a matter of "tough luck." Most likely someone will take the car with the premium markup, and I'm happy for anyone who gets it. It's such a beautiful car.

I wasn't sure I'd like the rapid red as much as the gray or white exterior color, but honestly it is insanely good looking and inspired me to try to take it home. But the more stunning quality of the car is the interior with the red stitching. I was convinced from the photos that I did not like the stitching. Boy was I wrong. The interior of the Mach E is incredibly nice. I think I was at 9/10 mentally about how much I like the car. Now I am easily at 11/10. It's a dope car and I want it yesterday :)
Nothing illegal here, AFAIK. They can sell the car for whatever price they can get, but I would want no part of enabling/promoting this (IMO) laundry list of questionable behaviors. Easy for me to say, since I have a car on the way, but being treated like this before the sale also wouldn't give me any warm fuzzies about post-sale treatment.

Sorry, but I hope they have the thing on the lot for months.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Nothing illegal here, AFAIK. They can sell the car for whatever price they can get, but I would want no part of enabling/promoting this (IMO) laundry list of questionable behaviors. Easy for me to say, since I have a car on the way, but being treated like this before the sale also wouldn't give me any warm fuzzies about post-sale treatment.

Sorry, but I hope they have the thing on the lot for months.
I'm with you 100%.

Maybe they will have to back down a bit if no one bites because everyone understands what they should get the car for when their orders come in.

But then again, I guy/gal without a pending order may bite just for the "cool factor."

Car dealers are really the worst :rolleyes: lol

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

- They want $5500 ADM

While they can do all they want - its a bit ridiculous by not wanting to finance through Ford Options - they need to still treat a customer well and it cant be my way or no way. someone will buy it I am sure.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lets all make sure ...This is Livermore Ford, 2266 Kitty Hawk Rd, Livermore, CA 94551. Be advised that if you have an order with them - you may not get the best deal that Ford has to offer. Clearly they don't want to be in the BEV business at this time.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm with you 100%.

Maybe they will have to back down a bit if no one bites because everyone understands what they should get the car for when their orders come in.

But then again, I guy/gal without a pending order may bite just for the "cool factor."

Car dealers are really the worst :rolleyes: lol
This really comes down to Ford enforcing the "sell it like a Tesla" model. It also counts on us as consumers to hold any dealer feet to the fire on how this car needs to be sold. The old sales model is dead - long live the new sales model.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

- They want $5500 ADM

Makes me feel really good about my RR FE that is somewhere on the way with no ADM and X plan good to go!
Sponsored