Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Jump starting from a running vehicle should get it going again so you don't have to tow it. Show up with jumper cables.

Gaining access to the battery is not difficult, nor does it require any tools. Just pull off the panels by hand.

Sponsored

CA RTE 1

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RTE 1 ER, Escape, and Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine is a late 2021 build and it goes into deep sleep all the time because I donā€™t drive every day. Totally fine.
The for me as well.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
And the car is a brick. Its going to be a long day.. Tow driver does not know if they can get a flatbed in the parking garage.
Fords isssue at this point.

Was kind of pisses me off the most is it was in about a month ago getting the PAAK UPDATE. Guess no one thought to apply the 12v batter tsb.
I have a curious thought...
I wonder if they will find a failed OTA when they bring the car back to life? I suspect the OTA process is hard on the LVB.

OP
OP

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium on Order
Country flag
Well just to provide an update. Tow never came even though he called me and said he was in route when I still at the airport. Ford would text me every few hours asking if he ever came -- Always responded with No -- I would get an update every few hours that he was "30 minutes out" -- Last one received was last night at midnight local, about 11 hours after I was told he was "in-route". Tried to call and text the tow-company myself -- Nada -- Called Ford this AM and they tried to call the tow driver-- Right to VM -- He offered to get another company to deal with it at which point I said I will handle it myself.

So understand Ford contracts this out but one would think if the car is not picked up in 20 hours something might be wrong. Completely blown away at how crappy this service has been and its not worth the paper it is printed on. I have a daughter that will be learning to drive next year and I can tell you that I will NEVER rely on this Ford "Non-Roadside Assistance" if she ever needed help.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've been surprised at the number of people posting how crappy the towing assistance has been for them. We used it a few years ago when my wife had a blowout on the highway, and they came rapidly. I don't know what network @Ford Motor Company uses, but clearly it sucks for many.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP
OP

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well just grabbed a spare battery at the house and some cables. To go jump it at the airport. I guess I will go ahead and drill access holes in the panel so I can hook up a trickle charger until I can get the TSB applied. Last time it took over a month to get into any dealer in the C-Springs / Denver area so I expect I will be living with the unknown for a while before I can get it addressed.

Or perhaps I should just sell the damn thing and get something that I do not need to worry will start after sitting for a day in 30 degree temps.....

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well just grabbed a spare battery at the house and some cables. To go jump it at the airport. I guess I will go ahead and drill access holes in the panel so I can hook up a trickle charger until I can get the TSB applied. Last time it took over a month to get into any dealer in the C-Springs / Denver area so I expect I will be living with the unknown for a while before I can get it addressed.

Or perhaps I should just sell the damn thing and get something that I do not need to worry will start after sitting for a day in 30 degree temps.....
You shouldn't have to do any of this (premise), but many PHEVs and BEVs have needed some extra owner care since Chevy Volt from about 2011/12.

If popping the frunk and jumping the 12V LVB gets it going, that can be done pretty quickly once you have done it a couple of times. The panel holes do make the process much easier. A small jump pack makes the job easier too.

Also, consider keeping a 10mm socket and wrench with a short extension in MME too. Some problems can be corrected by lifting the 12V LVB battery terminal for a couple of minutes (cold boot), then reattaching it.

Since the early 12V LVB problems, these LVB problems were less frequent (almost none) until recently. I think some of the FordPass 12V problem reporting is bogus, but clearly if MME is dead from a flat LVB, something went wrong with LVB charging, possibly the original 12V problem while long term charging, as noted above.

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Just as a pointer, jumping from a battery might not be enough volts. If that doesn't work then you will have to jump to your rescue vehicle's battery while it's running to get it to start. It's all about getting enough volts applied.

Coincidentally, I think the car would have been fine had it not been charging. The battery drain bug seems to be triggered by an AC charging fault (red ring).

OP
OP

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So grabbed a battery that turns over a f350. Will connect it to the terminals. Wait 5 min and turn the mme on. Not turning an engine over rather just turning on some electronics. If not well we will go from there.

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ā€˜21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

So hereā€™s one for yaā€¦ā€¦
vehicle ordered 4/28/21
vehicle built 10/15/21
vehicle shipped 10/19/21
as of today,12/18/21 vehicle still ā€œin transitā€ to dealerā€¦ā€¦. 60 daysā€¦ā€¦reallyā€¦.!
what shape do you think that small 12 vdc battery will be in?!
is there a way to see the ā€œstate of chargeā€ of the 12vdc batteryā€¦..
very very disappointed in the FMC handling of this orderā€¦..Bill Pitman, Pa.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So grabbed a battery that turns over a f350. Will connect it to the terminals. Wait 5 min and turn the mme on. Not turning an engine over rather just turning on some electronics. If not well we will go from there.
Quick check all four doors to see if any open before doing the frunk bumper release thing. Early testing this year showed that some doors could still open longer than others. If you get a back door open, you can reach forward to unlock a front door.

OP
OP

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good copy on back doors but the car is locked and keypad is dead. No joy.
Sponsored