Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
What? What are you telling me? Why must you Ding ding at me after startup with no messages or anything! Give me a sign!

Anyone else figure it out?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Nope. Not sure what that is about. Curious myself so maybe someone will figure it out.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Seat belt?
Nope. Got mine on...no messages of any kind. Thought maybe it was like warning you it's cold or something but it does it when it's 60 degrees out too.

Not a damned clue.

Seems to happen right around the same time as Android Auto starts populating the screen. I just tried to reproduce it but no dice. (of COURSE it wouldn't do it when I want it to)

Last edited:

FUNgineer

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2018 F150 Lariat FX4, 2021 X5 45e
Occupation
Nerd, Dungeon Master
Country flag
Nope. Got mine on...no messages of any kind. Thought maybe it was like warning you it's cold or something but it does it when it's 60 degrees out too.

Not a damned clue.
Lights in on position?

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Lights in on position?
Nope...in Auto...but come to think of it I DID flip that switch from off to Auto and now it's not doing it...maybe that's it? Dunno...it was showing Auto lights on the dash when I checked to see if that was it from some past posts.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
Seems to happen right around the same time as Android Auto starts populating the screen. I just tried to reproduce it but no dice. (of COURSE it wouldn't do it when I want it to)
Are Alerts enabled on your phone for Android Auto? I believe by default it alerts every time it connects to a car and can have a sound associated.

Another possibility is the smart suggestions for where to drive to from the built in navigation. That one liked to ding at me every time about halfway down my driveway making me think I might be about to hit something. It does flash a message across the screen, although Android Auto loading might keep it from being visible. I forget if the switch to turn that off is in map settings or the general car settings.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Seat belt?
I don't think so. This is something new. I have been doing the exact same procedure as before. The bells are new. Just started last week and is very random. Experienced it about 4 or 5 times in the past 5 days or so.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Nope...in Auto...but come to think of it I DID flip that switch from off to Auto and now it's not doing it...maybe that's it? Dunno...it was showing Auto lights on the dash when I checked to see if that was it from some past posts.
It is that exact same sound and the first thing I thought about was to check the headlights switch. However, that sound comes on with a door open. Now it comes on with the door closed. ????

FUNgineer

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2018 F150 Lariat FX4, 2021 X5 45e
Occupation
Nerd, Dungeon Master
Country flag
I havent messed with it on the mache, but my F150 dings away at me when I leave the headlights in the on position. There was a few days when I first had it I was like "what the hell is happening?", but then felt like a doofus when I realized what it was. Heh.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Are Alerts enabled on your phone for Android Auto? I believe by default it alerts every time it connects to a car and can have a sound associated.

Another possibility is the smart suggestions for where to drive to from the built in navigation. That one liked to ding at me every time about halfway down my driveway making me think I might be about to hit something. It does flash a message across the screen, although Android Auto loading might keep it from being visible. I forget if the switch to turn that off is in map settings or the general car settings.
This is the one, if you look at top of Ford nav it has info about your route...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP notes dinging after Start, not after Stop. Many answers, i.e. headlights, would be after Stop.
Sponsored