Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I wish there was a software where you can turn off the backup beep instead of going into the frunk and basically muffling the speaker. I don't mind keeping the pedestrian hum the car makes at low speeds.
Same thing I was looking to accomplish when I started this thread. But since that isn’t an option, I’ll be killing the whole speaker. ?
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
for what ever reason my backup beeping is so low in volume I want it to a bit higher - I can barely hear it

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
And where is the push to require noise emitters on bicycles, which are far quieter than even the stealthiest EV and just as potentially dangerous at high speed
Most states require bicycles to have a bell or horn, and use lights after dusk/dark. No state in which I have ever lived seems to enforce this, though.

For cyclists looking for a reliable warning device, check out the Air Zound. It very effectively gains the attention of pedestrians and all types of vehicular traffic. And it's very light as well. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disable Backup Beeping? 1618633424990

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
For cyclists looking for a reliable warning device, check out the Air Zound. It very effectively gains the attention of pedestrians and all types of vehicular traffic. And it's very light as well. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disable Backup Beeping? 1618633424990
I think I prefer this air horn. Another good thing about it: after you disconnect the MME exterior speaker, you can roll down the window and use it randomly to warn pedestrians. Great fun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disable Backup Beeping? 1618697995564

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I think I prefer this air horn. Another good thing about it: after you disconnect the MME exterior speaker, you can roll down the window and use it randomly to warn pedestrians. Great fun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disable Backup Beeping? 1618697995564
This works too!

One good thing about the Air Zound is that you can pump it up with a standard Schraeder pump - so you can keep filling it over & over.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m genuinely curious: what are the circumstances under which people are operating their Mustang Mach E’s when they would not want the pedestrian alert noise and/or backup tones and why?
I almost always have my Windows rolled up and the sound system on so, to be honest, I never hear either sound.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m genuinely curious: what are the circumstances under which people are operating their Mustang Mach E’s when they would not want the pedestrian alert noise and/or backup tones and why?
I almost always have my Windows rolled up and the sound system on so, to be honest, I never hear either sound.
Per my original post, I back in to my garage, which is next to my youngest child’s room, when I get home from work. It’s 0615 when I get home and he doesn’t have to be up until 0700 on weekdays and not at all on weekends. No need to wake him at 0615 on a Sunday just so I can park in my own garage on my own property. If I back over someone, they deserve it for being in my garage at 0615.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Per my original post, I back in to my garage, which is next to my youngest child’s room, when I get home from work. It’s 0615 when I get home and he doesn’t have to be up until 0700 on weekdays and not at all on weekends. No need to wake him at 0615 on a Sunday just so I can park in my own garage on my own property. If I back over someone, they deserve it for being in my garage at 0615.
Does he really sleep that lightly?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yes. And the backup beeping isn’t really that quiet. A quiet backup beep would serve no purpose ever. I just don’t want it at my house. But since that isn’t an option, I’ll settle for no beeping at all.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Two of mine are light sleepers. The bigger problem for me was the lock “chirp,” but at least that can be disabled. I muffled my pedestrian speaker mainly because I could. I want my car to be quiet, and I’m skeptical of the utility of this particular reg. I think there also may be a reason, btw, why the reg stops at mfgs but does not extend to end purchasers. But anyway, to each his own!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for explaining. Now I understand better. I can see why there could be a benefit to a driver cutoff.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thanks for explaining. Now I understand better. I can see why there could be a benefit to a driver cutoff.
Or even allowing us to geofence an area where it doesn’t come on. I’ve got no beef with it out in town. Backing out of a parking spot in a parking lot, I advocate it. Parking lots are a dangerous mess of pedestrians not paying attention and other drivers in a place with no striping or traffic laws. But forcing it down my throat at home is unacceptable To me.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Or even allowing us to geofence an area where it doesn’t come on. I’ve got no beef with it out in town. Backing out of a parking spot in a parking lot, I advocate it. Parking lots are a dangerous mess of pedestrians not paying attention and other drivers in a place with no striping or traffic laws. But forcing it down my throat at home is unacceptable To me.
I think it’s another front trunk divider. You are stuck with it from the factory but if you choose to modify your vehicle yourself nobody can stop you.

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
I would think the garage door opening or you coming in the house would wake him up more then the little beeping sound on the Mach-e. It's really not that loud. ?

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I would think the garage door opening or you coming in the house would wake him up more then the little beeping sound on the Mach-e. It's really not that loud. ?
When you have a child that has a room next to the garage, that is only separate by two sheets of drywall/insulation, the beeping nose is very loud (Especially in a confined area like a garage).

I have the same issue, so what I do is open the garage before putting the child to bed, and being a ninja in closing the garage door instead of letting the door slam when traversing in or out. Now, i have to make sure my car is in the driveway instead due to the beeping sound. I think his problem is very common among parents.
Sponsored