Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I know it is a requirement, but they could have changed it a bit. For example the KIA Sorento hybrid has a more acceptable beeping IMO.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I know it is a requirement, but they could have changed it a bit. For example the KIA Sorento hybrid has a more acceptable beeping IMO.
Good grief. Have you heard the beeping on trash trucks? Relatively speaking, I think Ford gave us a pretty decent V1.0 backup beep. Perhaps, in an OTA, they’ll give us a menu of backup beeps to select from. Hopefully, “obnoxious garbage truck beep” will be one of them. If so, I will take great delight in spending as much time in reverse in my neighborhood as possible (many of my neighbors are morons and deserve it ?)

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Good grief. Have you heard the beeping on trash trucks? Relatively speaking, I think Ford gave us a pretty decent V1.0 backup beep. Perhaps, in an OTA, they’ll give us a menu of backup beeps to select from. Hopefully, “obnoxious garbage truck beep” will be one of them. If so, I will take great delight in spending as much time in reverse in my neighborhood as possible (many of my neighbors are morons and deserve it ?)
I too could enjoy that. And would use it in crowded parking lots. Just not at my own house when the kids are sleeping.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
View attachment 26238
Once the robot revolution begins they will purposefully not alert you to humans, sight impaired or otherwise. The backup tone is just the Gov’t planning ahead. It’s their strong suit.
just use one of these and you should be fine.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Disable Backup Beeping? 1620179581197

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don’t know if I’m more grossed out by the flagrant disregard for people with disabilities or the fact that @GoGoGadgetMachE uses Bing
What does message board virtue signaling feel like? I imagine it’s like a sip of warm hot chocolate while snuggling a puppy. Is that about right?
Whatever, guys.

I use Bing also. Because it's better for Googling things. It's not a "virtue signal" or any other pejorative neologism.

I'm also not ashamed to admit that my puppy training skills aren't good enough for me to simultaneously snuggle a puppy and prevent it from stealing nearby hot chocolate. Besides, keep the chocolate away from the dog. ;)

??

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
pejorative neologism.
Great now I’ve gotta leave my irc chat to fire up Netscape and ask Jeeves what a pejorative neolugey is. This will take a minute on my P90.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Don't treat us like criminals. :confused:

I also wonder what your profile pic means? I hope you know that it is also a crime to put down the Horse badge from a Mach E? Because the Mach E is truly a Mustang. ?
Yeah I see your avatar, mister @xXCheXx. Really troubling to see this police vs "not" post police @GoGoGadgetMachE tension here in our beautiful Mustang community.

???

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Don't treat us like criminals. :confused:

I also wonder what your profile pic means? I hope you know that it is also a crime to put down the Horse badge from a Mach E? Because the Mach E is truly a Mustang. ?

Okay, enough jokes. I understand that the pedestrian warning noise is law and for safety reasons. and that’s absolutely right. But I was hoping to find a solution to put off that awful Beeping noise. I mean c'mon is the MME an industrial vehicle or what?
Wish they had just stuck with the low growl forwards and backwards. Then this whole thread wouldn’t exist.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Okay, I tried a resistor and it works as expected.

Disclaimer: The following information is for proof-of-concept purposes only. I do not recommend or endorse disabling any safety feature in this or any other vehicle. Do not operate your MME on public roads with the pedestrian warning sound disabled.

I was going to try some different resistors to see what would work. The first one I tried was a 5W 4.7 ohm, and it worked fine, so I didn't try any others. The connectors for the speaker wire slide right off the posts, and the resistor wire can be threaded through the holes in the posts, wrapped around, and crimped with pliers. I drove around for a bit (on a private closed course) in silence and then felt the resistor to make sure it remained cool to the touch, which it did.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disable Backup Beeping? 1620179581197
WINNER solution
...complete with disclaimer. ;)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Wish they had just stuck with the low growl forwards and backwards. Then this whole thread wouldn’t exist.
how cool would it be if we had a choice of various 'exhaust' systems at a low idle. A big-cam small block rumble one day, smooth v-10 purr the next.....

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
WINNER solution
...complete with disclaimer. ;)
Being the bleeding heart, tree hugging, ultra-left wing libtard that I am, I’m not sure I like this (won’t someone think of the children? ?)
Actually, I just don’t want to see anyone get sued by little Suzie’s mommy and further gum up an already overburdened court system (for which I pay with my tax dollars!)

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
how cool would it be if we had a choice of various 'exhaust' systems at a low idle. A big-cam small block rumble one day, smooth v-10 purr the next.....
Dial O'Rumble.... Trademark (Mitchell Andrus).

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'm pretty sure if you back over someone, the first to do will be to remove the foam packing around it lest you wobble without help on the witness stand.
Sponsored