Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I hope it has the wiring so the module could be added. Have you looked through the list of modules?

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
I hope it has the wiring so the module could be added. Have you looked through the list of modules?
This right here is all that is needed. Obviously if your build list doesn't have the modules, then there is nothing to enable.

LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Vapor Blue Metallic
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
This right here is all that is needed. Obviously if your build list doesn't have the modules, then there is nothing to enable.
I changed the relevant values in FORScan. Nothing. I do not see any wiring. Enabling it generates a DTC error. The software module is there because it also controls other things. Retrofitting would probably be complex. Not a huge deal for me, just a nice-to-have.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Add Hands-free liftgate back to 2022 Mach-E 565A16E4-8850-4A73-B043-3463309A5EB5

Manick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Star White
Country flag
A big thank you to OP and everyone else who has contributed to this post. Activated hands free lift gate this morning on my 22 MME Prem Std range. Followed the instructions and it worked perfectly with no issues

ValleyLad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE, 2022 F-150 Platinum
Country flag
Note: When I followed the above procedure on my 10/25 built Select, the "BCM" module in Step 2 is called "BdyCM", and the LIN process in Step 3 is called "calibration" instead of "initialization".
I had the same experience.

My 2022 Aug build GE PE has the module. Feature now working. Thanks to the OP for getting this going and everyone else for their contributions.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
Bought an OBDLink cable and a cheap Windows laptop today ($170 all in) and after playing with Forscan for 15 minutes to figure it out, I was able to enable the hands free lift gate… I can’t believe how easy it was! 😁

Thanks to OP for the tutorial and @BudC for the clarification on page 18!

On to find other things to tweak on MME, and later on maybe graduate to FDRS!

Footsteps

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 2014
Country flag
The 2022 California route 1’s don’t have the hardware. Is that correct?

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
The 2022 California route 1’s don’t have the hardware. Is that correct?
I do not believe the Rt1 came with power lift gate. Without a power lift gate, the module to open it would be useless. If you have the power lift gate, then as far as I have seen all '22 models with the power lift gate had the kick-to-open module.

IceIceBaby

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E, ExtR, AWD, Ice White ed.
Occupation
Sailor
Country flag
Note: When I followed the above procedure on my 10/25 built Select, the "BCM" module in Step 2 is called "BdyCM", and the LIN process in Step 3 is called "calibration" instead of "initialization".
Thanks!

Also, what else is cool to change? I was so scared when I started, now I'm all bold and want to try police mode! (jk)

Last edited:

Paper Mach-E

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hoping this will work for my 2023 Premium (Built 11/16/2022). Both modules are listed in my build list, but I'll poke a phone under the bumper to check.
I was super bummed that the feature was missing on delivery, along with park assist.
All after waiting a whole year for pre-orders to reopen, then refreshing the page until they did, and swallowing the price hike.
Admittedly, neither were deal-breakers, and I could have verified before placing the order. Just disappointing.

I really hope I can find a way to get that self-parking enabled, if only to justify that damn button's existence ("Nah, leave the button. But instead of executing a parallel park maneuver, just have the nav look for parking lots instead." smh)

Steph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 MME PREMIUM AWD ER
Country flag
Hoping this will work for my 2023 Premium (Built 11/16/2022). Both modules are listed in my build list, but I'll poke a phone under the bumper to check.
I was super bummed that the feature was missing on delivery, along with park assist.
All after waiting a whole year for pre-orders to reopen, then refreshing the page until they did, and swallowing the price hike.
Admittedly, neither were deal-breakers, and I could have verified before placing the order. Just disappointing.

I really hope I can find a way to get that self-parking enabled, if only to justify that damn button's existence ("Nah, leave the button. But instead of executing a parallel park maneuver, just have the nav look for parking lots instead." smh)
I am notorious for carrying way too much out to the car and could appreciate a hands free lift gate. Keep us posted, also have a 2023 premium with build date 10 31 22 (per the window sticker). Good luck!
Sponsored