Adil

First Name
Adil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' MME SR RWD,17' Chevy Volt, 01' Mercedes SL500
Country flag
I am hoping for future meet-ups where a Mach-E Guru offers to apply these kind of mods for a small fee.
Sponsored

MrPicklechip

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Explorer, 21 Bronco Sport, 22 MME Prem 4X
Country flag
Late Sept 2022 Premium build checking in...was able to enable the HF liftgate!

Thanks everyone for the assist, this was a feature I had for the last 3 years in my Lincoln that I didn't know I needed until it was missing

BCool

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
I thought my update didn't succeed until I realized I needed to go to the car's vehicle settings screen and enable the hands-free function. All is great now that I overcome my user error. Thanks for this instructional guide and the tips.

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Star White Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just enabled the handsfree option on my 10/25 build Select...so, it looks like all the 2022's should have the hardware.

Makes me a little nervous wondering why Ford disabled this...are we setting ourselves up for a future heartache??

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
I just enabled the handsfree option on my 10/25 build Select...so, it looks like all the 2022's should have the hardware.

Makes me a little nervous wondering why Ford disabled this...are we setting ourselves up for a future heartache??
Probably.

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Star White Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
2. BCM Configuration (Forscan):
This tells the BCM that the module is available on the LIN BUS.
726-27-01 XFXX X2XX XXXX

3. Forscan can now do Local Interconnect Network (LIN) new module initialization. Click the wrench in forscan and then click that and run the procedure. It will find the handsfree module and at this point you can go back and clear DTCs and it should be good to go.
Note: When I followed the above procedure on my 10/25 built Select, the "BCM" module in Step 2 is called "BdyCM", and the LIN process in Step 3 is called "calibration" instead of "initialization".

cordley

First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape 2017
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just spoke with Ford Customer relations 800 392 3673 about getting my Mach E 2022 premium kick free tail gate activated. I am suppose to receive a letter from my dealer by December 19, 2022 telling me that they can activate that feature. Will see if it all happens.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I just spoke with Ford Customer relations 800 392 3673 about getting my Mach E 2022 premium kick free tail gate activated. I am suppose to receive a letter from my dealer by December 19, 2022 telling me that they can activate that feature. Will see if it all happens.
The dealer is going to have no idea how to do this. It's not officially supported by Ford.

cordley

First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape 2017
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The dealer is going to have no idea how to do this. It's not officially supported by Ford.
Then why would Ford customer relations tell me the dealer would be handling this? Incredible.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Then why would Ford customer relations tell me the dealer would be handling this? Incredible.
Ford’s Customer Relations more than likely do not know anything about whether this is supported or not and pushed you off on the dealer. 🤬🐩

cordley

First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape 2017
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sounds like that may be what happened since the dealer knew nothing about it. I will keep pursuing this to get an answer if that is at all possible.😡

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
I was able to complete this configuration and I now have a kick-to-open lift gate. It truly is astonishing that Ford would install these modules and then not activate them. It took a bit to figure out how to use Forscan, but with the help of people on this thread, I was able to figure it out. I just opted for the free 2-month trial of FORSan to make sure it would work. Next time I need to use it, I would be happy to pay the $12 fee as it is a great piece of software.

My MME is a 5/26/22 build and I had seen many other post that theirs had it in there all the way through this fall's build models. I wonder if any 2023 models have the module?

LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Vapor Blue Metallic
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
My MME is a 5/26/22 build and I had seen many other post that theirs had it in there all the way through this fall's build models. I wonder if any 2023 models have the module?
I can say that my 2023 GT does not have the module.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Add Hands-free liftgate back to 2022 Mach-E 1BA0EC77-2B9B-4E0E-9960-FCBDFA9C0206