Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
If you buy from KeylessEntryRemote, are they used? Their eBay page says they only sell used fobs that they make sure work which is why they’re so cheap, but they might have scratches, etc. if that’s the case, I’ll buy, just wasn’t sure if the initial ones everyone got were actually brand new.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you buy from KeylessEntryRemote, are they used? Their eBay page says they only sell used fobs that they make sure work which is why they’re so cheap, but they might have scratches, etc. if that’s the case, I’ll buy, just wasn’t sure if the initial ones everyone got were actually brand new.
Yes, they’re used. Not really sure how they had so many used Lightning fobs already. The one I received was in fine shape, so I was happy to not have to pay full retail from the dealer.

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
hi, has anyone tried this function on a MY22?
hopefully I will get mine in Dec. and would like to have a key to open the frunk.

@Mike G is there really nothing to be reconfigured on any modules? no programming?

Do you know how this function works?

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
hi, has anyone tried this function on a MY22?
hopefully I will get mine in Dec. and would like to have a key to open the frunk.

@Mike G is there really nothing to be reconfigured on any modules? no programming?

Do you know how this function works?
Nothing is required besides the FOB in the '22s. If you have two FOBs, which you should if you have a 22, you can do the programming yourself.

It's super simple. Drop FOB 1 in the programming slot inside the console, Start vehicle, turn off. Drop FOB 2 in, Start, turn off. Then drop new un-programmed FOB in the slot, Turn vehicle on. Should be done.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Got mine from the dealer; Cost $200+, and the FordPass points only covered $110 of it, so out $100 out-of-pocket. Not ideal :rolleyes:

I'm having difficulty programming, though.

1. Do you step on the brake for the "press ignition button" steps?
2. How do you isolate the programmed keys? I think my Mach-E is picking up the programmed keys when I put the last (unprogrammed) key in, giving me a false positive.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Got mine from the dealer; Cost $200+, and the FordPass points only covered $110 of it, so out $100 out-of-pocket. Not ideal :rolleyes:

2. How do you isolate the programmed keys? I think my Mach-E is picking up the programmed keys when I put the last (unprogrammed) key in, giving me a false positive.
I believe you have 5 seconds between moving keys so it's best to have them lined up and move fast.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag

I stepped on the brake so the car was in "ready" mode. You have the FOB completely in the slot in the center console? That's the only way it reads the FOB for programming, you don't need to isolate the others. And yes, as @SWO said, you gotta be fast.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

When you put the key fob in the slot, push it toward the front of the car a bit to make sure the back of the fob is in full contact with the wall of the console. You only have to hold it there for a few seconds for it to register.

OP
OP
Mike G

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Yes, they’re used. Not really sure how they had so many used Lightning fobs already. The one I received was in fine shape, so I was happy to not have to pay full retail from the dealer.
The two I got were brand new.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The two I got were brand new.
They may have just been customer returns or something that were never actually used. I don't really have any idea where they get their stock from.

OP
OP
Mike G

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you put the key fob in the slot, push it toward the front of the car a bit to make sure the back of the fob is in full contact with the wall of the console. You only have to hold it there for a few seconds for it to register.
Also, I had no success programming the fob initially following the instructions. I dropped by the dealership to discuss something else and the service manager came out to the car and it was done in about 30 seconds. The issue was that the driver's door had to stay open. The instructions say to close the door.

When the programming is successful you'll see a brief message on the IPC about a security code or whatever and that's how you know it took.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, I had no success programming the fob initially following the instructions. I dropped by the dealership to discuss something else and the service manager came out to the car and it was done in about 30 seconds. The issue was that the driver's door had to stay open. The instructions say to close the door.
I did it with the door closed. Total operation took less than 30 seconds, but I held the fobs each time to make sure they were making good contact.

OP
OP
Mike G

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did it with the door closed. Total operation took less than 30 seconds, but I held the fobs each time to make sure they were making good contact.
Yes but you're special. You have the frunk button already stored in your asbuilt! :cool: