DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I see that the consensus is that people like it. My question regarding those of us who are follically challenged plus have to be careful of exposure to the sun for health reasons - does this coating protect you totally?
I have no issues.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do you regret the panoramic sun roof beard
Sponsored

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
No regrets at all. I love mine and really enjoy when it rains more than when it is sunny. I'm excited for the winter to be able to look up and see the snow falling on it. If it's as peaceful as watching the rain, when it snows, then I'll never be able to own another vehicle without this incredible roof.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
absolutely love it. the sekurit coating blocks uv and also a significant amount of heat. No complaints

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Follically challenged would be an understatement when referring to me :D

honestly, I passed on the Audi Q4 E-torn even though it has a smoother ride, just because of the sunroof.

zero regrets.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I agree with everyone else. As someone who does not like being under direct sunlight when the sun is strong and do not like sunroofs on other cars for this reason, the Mach-E’s panoramic roof has really surprised me in how outstanding it is in blocking out the strong sun’s rays and repelling heat.

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I absolutely love it and forget sometimes I even have it! Sitting in the drivers seat you do not appreciate it as much as a passenger or if you are in the rear seats. I see no downside to it.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Im in the Hot Houston area and test drove a Tesla before ordering..........could feel the heat coming off the glass of the Tesla roof to about 6 inches down...when I tested the Mach e I felt no heat from the roof at all !

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I absolutely love it and forget sometimes I even have it! Sitting in the drivers seat you do not appreciate it as much as a passenger or if you are in the rear seats. I see no downside to it.
My cars always have sun roofs which I kept closed since I dislike sun on the back of my neck. This glass roof doesn’t bother me so I guess I’m in the like it camp.

Too bad it isn’t Solar charging the battery.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I see that the consensus is that people like it. My question regarding those of us who are follically challenged plus have to be careful of exposure to the sun for health reasons - does this coating protect you totally?
Totally! I have a Kona with a glass roof that I never open, always drive with shade closed. Mach E with no shade stays cooler than the Kona with shade.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I agree with everyone else. As someone who does not like being under direct sunlight when the sun is strong and do not like sunroofs on other cars for this reason, the Mach-E’s panoramic roof has really surprised me in how outstanding it is in blocking out the strong sun’s rays and repelling heat.
Same.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It adds brightness to the vehicle, but the visibility is for back seat passengers, those in the front really get little benefit except brightness.

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag